FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Jogger City Select Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Jogger City Select Feedback
    Posted: 06 September 2010 at 10:17am
Hi I have a 9 month old and am expecting another wee one early May next year. We have a bugaboo which I love but sadly it won't work for 2 so close in age. I like the inline type doubles and looking at the Baby Jogger it looks pretty cool in terms of all the different configurations.
http://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_dtl.aspx

Has anyone got one ?? are they easy to change the setup ? and would you recommend all the accessories ie the bassinet ?
Sponsored Links

SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 2:48pm
Hi KGirl, we bought one for this bubs and its pretty easy to change aroudn to the different configurations i would say but then again we're still waiting on bubs to test drive it!

we bought the bassinet as well
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
KGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:48am
thanks Snuggle Bear , whereabouts did you buy yours from? I'm struggling to find a place that has them in stock
SnuggleBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnuggleBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 4:02pm
from babyfactory...cheapest that i found but they didnt have many in stock then either...but they are happy to order them in if you have time to wait?
Ds1 - 20 months old
Ds2 - 4 months old
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:59pm
Bugaboo are supposed to be bringing out a double next year (Kangaroo) if you want to wait - although NZ will probably not get it until 6 months after Europe.
Two little girls under 2!

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 2:27pm
Smith and Caughey in Auckland have them. I thought about it seriously as we have the baby jogger city classic and love it, but the one thing that put me off it is the size of the seats - even though they are supposed to go to 5 years, we tried DS in it when he was 11 months and his head was almost at the top. To be fair he is a tall boy, but still.
sem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 4:43pm
Baby on the Move in Herne Bay have the City Jogger Elite. Might be worth a try to see if they have other versions as well.
Here we go again, another baby on it's way!
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 3:04pm
I am in this dilemma too and have had this one recommended also but not sure if it would be too wide. I hadn't seen the one you linked to K girl.

http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_dbl_dtl.aspx

Anyone got this or have any thoughts about it?

mooncalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooncalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 3:47pm
I am looking at buying one as well but am confused between the baby jogger city select, which is available at www.kiwibaby.co.nz and www.babyuniverse.co.nz
there is also a similar one S twinner available at www.globalbaby.co.nz

cant decide between the two......

any suggestions
EmilysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmilysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2010 at 8:08pm
I ummed and ahhed about the BJCS for ages, but have just bought a 3 wheeler Steelcraft Strider Plus for when my second is born. Its very similar to the BJCS, available in 3 or 4 wheels, however I found the BJCS too long and the seats looked pretty small as well. The strider seems to overcome all the problems I have with phil and teds too (newborn not very accessible when toddler seat is on, second seat doesn't lie flat or have a hood etc), and is a great price to boot. Just got it on special at Baby Factory for $740, including the second seat, rain and sun covers. Both seats have amazing hoods as well. Just a thought in case you were interested in a cheaper alternative.
MuckyBucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuckyBucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 4:27pm
I'm planning to get the City Jogger Elite - because its super easy to put down and you can get a toddler jump seat to put on the front - although they probably couldn't nap in it.

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 8:33pm
Just wondering if any of you acutally got this push chair? I have twin girls, wish I had seen this before I brought the M'buggy. Might sell that and save the extra $$ and get City Jogger Elite though!
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
mooncalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooncalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 10:54pm
We just bought the baby jogger city select from the baby factory we had a look at the display model there and really liked it specially the way the seats can be changed in 16 different positions and can be used as a single buggy as well....Cant wait to use it once baby 2 is here
?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 11:28pm
naww I Want one!!! Not sure about the $$$ though! It's very pricey.
mooncalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooncalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:00am
the manager gave us a 10% discount the pram was $849 plus $259 -10% paid $990 for it which i thought was good value for what we got, as most double buggy we saw were around that price......specially if you gonna use it for a long time
?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:09am
Fair enough! I better start saving!
Limochick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limochick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 8:13am
I just wanted to add my 2c, we have brought one and get it on the weekend I can't wait I never thought I would get so excited about a pram I love how you can have it as a single or double and all the different combinations!! We will use it as a single until Jan when our little girl arrives.

Has anyone got one yet??

snooze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snooze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 8:04am
i stopped a lady at the park who had one as I wanted to get it from the horses mouth, she had a bugaboo for her 3 yo but then had twins. She had bought a double mountain buggy but sold it in favour of the City Select.. she LOVED It!!   

The sun shades also raise up so as your child gets taller it adjusts (I had a demo at the parents and child show).

I would love one but I only need a double for family walks not shopping etc.. so are going to get a cheap second hand mountain buggy to live in the garage. I think my two kidlets will be too far apart in age for the
city select to work.

ShanzD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShanzD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by snooze snooze wrote:

i stopped a lady at the park who had one as I wanted to get it from the horses mouth, she had a bugaboo for her 3 yo but then had twins. She had bought a double mountain buggy but sold it in favour of the City Select.. she LOVED It!!   

The sun shades also raise up so as your child gets taller it adjusts (I had a demo at the parents and child show).

I would love one but I only need a double for family walks not shopping etc.. so are going to get a cheap second hand mountain buggy to live in the garage. I think my two kidlets will be too far apart in age for the
city select to work.

Hi Snooze, I'm in a similar position I guess as my son will be 2 & 1/2 by the time bubs is born and I don't know if he will want to sit in a pram for any long periods of time at that age????  Comments more than welcome on that :)

and if he dosen't, well it makes it an expensive snap and go iykwim

ieat_MMs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieat_MMs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:17am
Ive been looking at one of these aswell,

My daughter is 2yrs now, and will be 2 & 7mths when bubs is born, as she tends to run away. And plus she doesnt walk for that long either.

Ive gone through alot of prams well hubby thinks so,

Basic Mountain buggy
Bertini Shuttle
Bertini bidwell twin
Umbrella Stroller
P & T Dash with toddler seat
ABC Buggy
Maclaren Twin

Cant think of any others at the mo. hahaha

But I'll be watching out for any more posts of the baby jogger city select. So will be interesting to see what ppl say. Then again those new mountain buggy   + one look interesting too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>