FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedC25K

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C25K
    Posted: 12 October 2010 at 10:05am
Hi ladies!

I am biting the bullet and starting this tomorrow!!

Will have to get the ipod charged up and I will try out my arm band for the first time. I will do it with the kidlies in the pram on a nice track that is mostly flat and at the end there is a park so the kids can get a play and wear themselves out too hopefully!
Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 10:49am

All the best!!

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 10:50am
Good for you! Actually I think it might be time for me to join you I did it (well, most of it, I kept getting stuck at around week 5) when getting fit again after JJ. It's sooner now but I feel ready! Give me a virtual kick up the bum if I don't report back

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 1:47pm
good on u Alex...what do you do, i heard a bit about it.
weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 2:18pm
There's an old thread about it here - I'll go bump it for you

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 2:18pm
Good luck. I did this before having my last baby and found it really easy to follow, i hope you get through the 9 weeks.

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 3:46pm

Edited by Aethalia

Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 4:00pm
I run about 5ks in 30mins, but it depends upon fitness and how many walks are involved.

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2010 at 4:36pm
yea 5k in 30mins sounds about right

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 6:52pm
Does anyone know where you can get cheap Ipod arm bands from? I saw them at The Warehouse but they were $35 I finally got a replacement battery for my Ipod so are keen to get started!
MuppetsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:22pm
I am looking forward (well, as much as one can look forward to exercise) to doing this when i have recovered from the birth of my baby - not sure how it will work with 1 in a pram and a 2-3yr old though........any bright ideas anyone?? May have to find a babysitter while i run with the pram!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Mrs_B Mrs_B wrote:

Does anyone know where you can get cheap Ipod arm bands from? I saw them at The Warehouse but they were $35 I finally got a replacement battery for my Ipod so are keen to get started!

I bought mine from Dick Smith when I got my ipod, not sure how much they were...but The Warehouse is usually cheaper.
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 8:53pm
Hows the running going?

I have just started this last thurs. I HATE running, even when I could do 2hrs of aerobics and was ultra fit from kickboxing I still couldn't run for 5 mins. Something about the way it makes my lungs feel I think ... or how boring / repetitive it is.

Anyway ....
But I'm trying to get back in shape and ahve been doing zumba once a week but its not enough, so have just started back on the treadmill. I used to just walk on it (YEARS ago) but this is something different and a goal so I'm giving it a go. Will see how it goes, so far so good, but I have done all three walk/jogs since thurs, so I think I will be sore tomorrow!!!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 9:04pm
I am just about to start week 4 tomorrow and am loving it. I am not a runner or an exciser by nature but must say I am genuinely enjoying it. I have been running 3 times a week and have actually been having the urge to run on my "off" day so am pretty stoked.

MuppetsMumma, I have a 1 year old and a soon to be 3 year old. I have a P&T with a double kit and its fine for running. I do 2 of my runs with both kids and then one on my own. I always feel like a speedster on the day I do it on my own as I am not pushing 40kgs of buggy and kids.

Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 9:14pm
OMG peanut I don't know how you do it with the kids in a buggy. Guess chch is flat though eh? My kids are 18.2kgs and 12kgs and the buggy would be another 10kgs or so = no way I could even walk up a hill with them both in it now, let alone jog!

I use the treadmill MuppetsMumma, and DH has the kids while I do it! Or I take one in the buggy if I'm just going for a walk. I tried once to have my 3 year old walk too --- we didn't make it very far and it was SOOO slow!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 7:54am
Nikki, chch is flat in some places but not all! I have a tiny hill in the middle of my run but its not too bad. Its honestly not too bad running with the buggy/kids. The initial week was hard adjusting to the buggy but now its fine.

happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 9:59am
How is everyone going with the C25K? I'm doing each week twice as I'm that unfit and hopeless at running. This is my 2nd week of week 2. I was a bit naughty and didn't do my first day until today so will do again on Saturday and maybe Sunday.

I had to get some new earphones as the ones I had just kept falling out of me ears, even with the over the ear hook. So now I look even more dorky with my full headphones but at least they stay on and I run on TM at home so no one sees me (apart from the lawnmower man the other week lololol!). They are bright pink skull candy ones but OMG they have wicked sound and it's made a huge difference not having to constantly hold my ears.

I will head to gym tomorrow and Saturday for circuit workout. Still not lost any weight which is depressing but normal for me. Clothes are getting looser and measurements are dropping so soon the weight should start to go down. Just keep telling myself how great I feel after completing my exercise to keep me motivated.

Let us know how you're all going!

Becs
Becs

notenufchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notenufchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 8:39am
how is everyone going with their running? i have so far completed week one but am repeating it as i had such sore legs after the first run that i really had to take it easy for the rest of the week - i am truly amazed at how it is already easier to run.

did anyone else find that they actually gained weight initially?

DD 1-25/05/2008

DD 2-2/2/2010
happymum21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymum21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 12:22pm
Yay Bubba! Great to have another person doing this. I haven't gained weight BUT I haven't lost it either!!!!

Usually I do gain weight when I first start exercise. And I think it's because you start building muscle but the fat is still there. People say muscle weighs more than fat which is a load of rot, how can 1kg of muscle weigh more than 1kg of fat????? They are both the same weights!!!!! BUT muscle has a smaller surface area than fat which is why I like to do measurements instead.

I am still struggling with week 3, I must have repeated it 5 times now but I will keep repeating it until I find it comfortable to run the amount it says then I will move on. I don't care how long it takes, I will get there in the end. I've also found it tough lately with the humidity and I really need to do it earlier in the morning before it gets too hot.

Hang in there, and keep going. You will improve over time, I remember my first week I could hardly run for 30 seconds without dying! And do your measurements as you will likely see changes there
Becs

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:47pm
I've just started week 3 today. Kinda sad that I was quite chuffed to be able to run for 3 minutes without it hurting too bad - I used to do long distance running competitively! No way am I good for it at the moment.

Still, I can feel I'm getting better, and it IS an awesome programme cos it pushes you just enough but not too much.

mum2alana, I don't think they mean 1kg muscle weighs more than 1 kg fat, more like 1 cubic cm of muscle weighs more than 1 cubic cm of fat - so that of two people the same size, the fitter (musclier) one will actually be heavier than the one who is made up of more fat.
Which measurements do you take? Maybe I'll start.

Bubba, yep, I've put on a wee bit of weight this week too - could be the running or could be that it's cherry season
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>