FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDouble Pram vs toddler seat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double Pram vs toddler seat
    Posted: 13 November 2010 at 10:17pm
I am pregnant with #2 so am already thinking about double prams.

DD will be 2 1/2 when i have a newborn & she is a little girl so doesnt walk all that often i would definitely make use of a pram.

At this age would a toddler seat be enough? I do alot of walking so i need to think of her sitting in it for an hour at a time. Or am i best just to buy a double pram.

Are there any double prams you can recommend. I will most likely get one off TM this will be my last baby so dont really want to spend $1000 on a pram
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 11:23am
We have a double mb and a phil and teds vibe with a toddler seat.

We all (kidlets included) prefer the double mb .. we use the vibe when we go out because it takes up less space, but the toddler seat doesnt look extremely comfy for long periods of time so if the kids were going to be in it for a long period of time I would opt to take the double mb.

Isabelle likes the Vibe for the "novelty" factor of being in the back seat, but when she is in it you cant put anything in the basket as her feet are there!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 2:57pm
Sorry to ask a dumb question but what is MB???
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 3:12pm
Sorry .. Mountain Buggy :)

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 3:24pm
Do you bus/ catch trains a lot? Or Drive?

I walk a lot and my P&T is great, plus fits on buses and trains but I have seen mums have to fold up double buggies to get one because there isn't space for them.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 7:01pm
No i dont really catch the bus. I want a pram that is good for walking in all conditions. We like going to bush walks, beach etc etc.

Does anyone know what the weight limit is on the P &T???
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 7:17pm
eta: Main seat is 25kg, toddler seat on the front is 20kg and on the back is 15kg.

Edited by Lil_Nic9
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 7:18pm
Phil & Teds site where you can click on the pram, see all it's features and it has basic but really good detailed descriptions of it.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 7:45pm
We have a phil n teds sport and daniel will happily sit in it while i walk or run for an hour.
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 7:56pm
Ok Thanks Kebakat.

Thats really what i wanted to know. If i am spending that much on a pram i want to get use out of it.

DD will be 2 1/2 but she will still need to be in a pram for a while. When we end up doing kindy runs etc i will be walking and i dont think she will always walk
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 8:12pm
I like the phil n teds cause I can use it for everything. If its just alex and me thats cool it does that. if i wanna run or walk with him it does that. if daniel is coming it can do that too. he actually thinks its a great big novalty sitting on top of his brother lol
CrazyCass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 2:50pm
I know my sister has a double pram and its a huge hassle - trying to get it round places can get super frustrating - shops have to be re-arranged, cant fit in shop doors and walking round foot paths etc everyone has to get out of your way

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 8:02pm
Does the P & T ones fold down with the toddler seat attached? Or do you need to attach it everything you use it??
jessiesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessiesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 9:43am
I have a 3 year old and 5 month old and we have a P&T with toddler seat. I've never tried to fold it with the seat attached as it's so easy to take off and put back on. Also with a newborn it's way easier to lie them in the main buggy then clip on the seat for the toddler once baby is in. I use it all the time and love it!

DD 2007, Angel Baby 2009, DS 2010
NovemberMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovemberMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 7:14pm
I have a pedigree buggy which has a toddler seat I didnt want a double buggy as eventually (as is the case now) my oldest would not want to sit in the buggy.

I like that I can remove the toddler seat.

I have 2 years (and 6 days but who is counting lol) between my 2

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 7:40pm
I had a double mountain buggy and it was fantastic for walking, was a pita to get in and out of the car (which I needed to do a lot) or try to take to malls etc. We ended up getting rid of that and buying a marco sky L instead. Draw back is that only goes up to 15kg per seat, which isn't an issue for us as my 3.5 year old is still only 12.5kg. It copes well round forest tracks, but wouldn't be any good at the beach and I'm not sure about running with it. I like it cos it folds like a stroller and fits in our foot well so takes up no boot space at all and its so small that a lot of the time people are surprised when they see a second kid in there.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 9:32pm
I have a Valco double, egima?? I think, pain in the arse, really heavy & annoying to get in & out of the car. But once they are in it, it's good unless one of the tyres goes flatter & then it's not very balanced cause of the single tyre at the front.

If you are doing bush walking I'd look at getting a back pack so DH can carry her.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by _SMS_ _SMS_ wrote:

Does the P & T ones fold down with the toddler seat attached? Or do you need to attach it everything you use it??

The Vibe you can fold with the seat attached.

catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:27pm
ooh good thread - i was coming on here to ask something similar.

One additional question - what are people's experiences of those toddler boards that they stand on? DD isn't a big fan of going in the buggy and prefers to walk, but sometimes it is easier and quicker for her to ride!

babylove View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babylove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2010 at 4:19pm
i also have a pedigree and love it. i only paid $45 on trademe ans iv gone through all sorts of prams as i have 4 kids close in age and it by far the ebst pram i have had. the explorer (origanal p & t) is really good too. i actually find a lot of prams tip too easily. though pedigree is quite top heavy so although it is less likely to tip than other prams it may not be very good for bush walking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>