FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStroller Reviews Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stroller Reviews Please
    Posted: 14 December 2010 at 10:22am
So far we have been using the snap and go for short trips and a graco double stroller for any walks. The small wheels of the graco annoy me.

DH wants to save up and buy a Marco Sky he thinks it looks cool and would match car.... but I think only one of the seats can recline so not that great if out and they need a nap.

Will be gutted to give up the snap and go for short trips we are finally just starting to go out without it feeling such a major expedition have been lucky they are not big babies and has lasted 8mth!

Like Danda posted in the other thread any of the buggy type 3/4 wheelers look good for walking but are huge so was thinking of getting a second narrower stroller or one where one goes behind the other for wee shopping errands during the twins up time.

We don’t have alot of $$ either so depending on price hoping to pick up something from trademe.

So I thought it would be a good idea to have a place for reviews.

So what do you have and why do you like it?

Edited by jules1980
Sponsored Links

Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 12:40pm
Well for walks we have the Mountain Buggy Duo and I love it. It's so easy to manouvere, the sun shade keeps the girls well protected and they seem pretty happy in it.

Initially we had 2 of the carrycots (which were fantastic) but the girls like to look around now so have switched to the buggy seat.

The only thing I find frustrating is the basket underneath is hard to access when the seats are reclined.

Oh and there is nowhere to put your ph (the carrycots had a wee pocket that was perfect)
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 11:16am
I love my double MB as well. I don't have twins but both my boys use it and it is great as both seats recline individually.
Only down size is that it takes up my whole boot
Lindsey

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:30pm
I love my double MB as well. I also have a MothersChoice Out and About twin umbrella stroller for quick trips, which I but it's only when I KNOW they're not going to go to sleep, because the seats don't recline at all.
Mucky_Tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mucky_Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 12:29pm
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 10:51pm
I have the double MB and love it but am at the stage of looking at strollers. I do have a MacLarens double Triumph (I think) but am going to look for something a bit more compact (although seats need to recline). Like your list muckytiger!

Alex 6 and Harry 8
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 11:25pm
I wanted the Lunar soooooo bad - they're about $150 brand new from Baby Factory. Be aware that some of them (Babycare is one, from memory) are no narrower than a double MB, which can be an issue when it comes to doorways in older shops (I can't take the pram into many of my local shops, as they are older buildings and have your standard doors which aren't much wider than you normal house one, if at all).
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:39pm
Not that they are strollers but I want either the new Bugaboo Donkey (not sure about the name!!) or the new MB plus one.

Oh well, I checked with the MB club and they have a new stroller that folds up quite small so am going to trial that and see how it goes.

Alex 6 and Harry 8
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:31pm
We have the ABC double with the reclining top seat. It's great - but HUGE!!

We also have just got a SKEP double stroller (and I'll babywear #3) and to be honest, it is cheap for a reason. There are a few parts on there which we don't think will last long. It's a pain to fold up as you have to take parts off it. And it is pretty big too.

minik8e - wow that is a good price! We asked at both baby factory & babycity and they said they had no double strollers under $350...?
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:37am
Really Zaylah?? Our BF still has them in stock at $150...
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:13am
They said they have to order them in and that's the cheapest they can get them - I'm quite gutted lol.
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:04pm
I was just in Baby Factory and Baby City in Lower Hutt last week and they both had the strollers. They don't recline though so maybe they were talking about reclining ones. Having said that BF had a reclining one (lunar I think) for $280.

Alex 6 and Harry 8
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 2:59pm
Just bumping this, this site maybe useful to someone

http://www.thinktwins.com.au/catalog839909/Twin%20Prams%20make%20and%20model.pdf
laurenm17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenm17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 11:07pm
Thanks "UpsyDaisy" great website link. Was wondering where I could look for something like that. Definitely will be the hardest thing to buy is the stroller,but will leave that for a lot later :)
Shells79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shells79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:27am
Has anyone used the Mountain Buggy Duet? We are thinking of buying one but just want to know if it really fits through standard door frames as easy as they say it does. It still looks quite wide to me.
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:35am
Lol the duet is not that wide will def fit through standard doors I tried both in the shop with 15mth old toddlers but ended up buying the duo (standard double MB) as I thought the seats are quite narrow for toddlers.

But if buying from newborn age I would have got the duet. I am sure the duet will fit through standard doors as my duo does. I have never come accross a door it does not fit people often comment on how big it is and I have to admit on occasion I am thinking will it get through that door but it always just makes it.
Shells79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shells79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:25pm
[QUOTE=UpsyDaisy] Lol the duet is not that wide will def fit through standard doors I tried both in the shop with 15mth old toddlers but ended up buying the duo (standard double MB) as I thought the seats are quite narrow for toddlers.

But if buying from newborn age I would have got the duet. I am sure the duet will fit through standard doors as my duo does. I have never come accross a door it does not fit people often comment on how big it is and I have to admit on occasion I am thinking will it get through that door but it always just makes it.

Thanks Upsy Daisy! It just looks big in the shop. I'm also concerned if it will fit in our cars! So much to think about when purchasing a twin pram! Cheers :)
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:45pm
I just bought a MacLaren Twin Techno for travelling overseas with my 22 months old twins. We are normally using the duo mountain buggy which is just so easy to set up. So it will be interesting to see how the MacLaren compares. I did want to have a stoller that reclines, otherwise I would have liked to have something even smaller and lighter than the MacLaren (although can't imagine the really cheap ones which are astonishingly small when folded up, will last for a long time).
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 11:48pm
I'm loving my new mclaren double stroller!
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Lestorke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestorke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 2:44pm
MB, Instep, BOB, and Baby Jogger seem to have tougher pneumatic tyre.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>