FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight Loss for IVF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by lilfatty lilfatty wrote:

You still need to eat less and move more .. pretty simple, those that do follow those two simple rules lose weight, those that don't ... well don't.

that is right you need to eat less & move more. I think everyone knows that. But for some there is a bit to more it than that.
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:44pm
I think my weight has been the main reason behind me not being able to complete my family. So total support to anyone who is trying to lose weight to get pregnant. Also if you are over the 100kg mark it can be quite daunting aiming to be under it. But you can do it

& my fitness pal is a great site.
rosiefarmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:45pm
Hi Ladies,
I too have been on the big lose weight misson, in 2009 I lost 24 kgs, to get my BMI down the IVF protocol for our cycle in June 2010 - I gained 6 kgs then and have been struggling emotionally since.

In the past month I have sorted myself out and am on the healthy eating and exercising regime again.
We are doing our next round in April 2011, so my goal is to lose 10kgs.

I changed a lot of things to lose the wieght I Lost and felt so much better for it. I was walking every day 4 - 5 kms I am only doing that every 2nd day at the moment - but I am feeling better. A good walk also helps clear your head, I am lucky in the fact that I have got a lovely neighbour whom comes with me most days.

I have promised myself xmas dinner and desert, then I am going to start getting real tough on myself!!!!.

So I am with you MaeBeeBaby.

To date I have lost 1.5kgs, 8.5 kgs to go.
IVF - ICIS 1 - June 2010 BFN
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
IVF - ICIS 2 - April 2011
BFP
31st May no heartbeat D & C ,
[url=http://lilypie.com][
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:15pm
Im with you to Roisefarmer, MB and (hopefully) Jazzy. Im to scared to go into the weight loss thread as i dont feel people are that supportive (because it isnt that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but dont get me started on that)
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by _Waiting_ _Waiting_ wrote:

Im with you to Roisefarmer, MB and (hopefully) Jazzy. Im to scared to go into the weight loss thread as i dont feel people are that supportive (because it isnt that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but dont get me started on that)

I agree with you & I will support you & it is not that simple..if it was we would not be in this boat.

Rubyrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubyrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 2:04pm
Ditto
I think everyone knows that to lose weight you need to eat better, eat less and move more but reality is quite different - thanks DP for buying the icecream, chippies and chocolate in the groceries!!!
When I get bored I eat, not because I am hungry just because its there - thats my problem and when AF is here its about 10x worse...

I think having the weekly weigh inns with the nutritionist worked wonders as you couldnt 'cheat' the system but as I am out of work, spending $$$$ just isnt on the cards

Bah, 1kg down ..... several more to go
TTC#1 Jan 07
Me 39 DP 41 MFI
DI#1&2 Sep & Oct 09 BFN
DI#3 Feb 10 BFP - mc @ 9wks
DI#4 Jul 10 - BFN
DI#5 Aug 10 - BFP - chem pg
IVF #1 Aug/Sept 11 - BFP - chem pg
MaeBeeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:11pm

Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

Nah it is that simple. I am an emotional eater. My heaviest I was 99kg. You just have to learn a bit of self control and find another outlet for your emotions. The only real healthy way to loose weight is eat less and better and move more.

If it was that simple there would be no weight problems would there.

We all know the best way to lose weight is eat whole foods & less & exercise is to tone up.

Dealing with why you over eat & changing the relationship you have with foods are harder.

You still need to eat less and move more .. pretty simple, those that do follow those two simple rules lose weight, those that don't ... well don't.

Lilfatty - this is not the first time you have intervened on something I have started regarding weight loss with a high and mighty attitude - and yes that is how I am receiving your posts. You are lucky and have reached your weight loss goal, well done to you! BUT there are many of us out there who cannot struggle with INFERTILITY (of which you don't participate in the threads of, so I can only guess that you don't have this problem, and I am sorry if you do of course!) and WEIGHT ISSUES. The drugs play havoc with our bodies, the infertility plays havoc with our emotions, and many of us suffer some form of depression, whether it is diagnosed, certifiable, post-natal (from miscarriage), or simply short-lived. Infertility-land is an incredibly lonely and emotional place to live in!

There are also many other possibilities as to why people gain weight, and in my case it's a gluten intolerance. WHEN I get that under control I usually begin to lose weight. But like anyone in this thread, trying to concentrate on many major issues at once is NOT going to happen. When I am not worrying about infertility, I am active and lose weight. I don't change much about what I eat in the big scheme of no fatty foods or takeaways, except that I prepare from scratch rather than buy pre-made or packet items.

When I had given up earlier this year, I lost 10kgs. And I am incredibly proud of myself for that. Why I did that? It's because I concentrated on my weight loss 100% cause I had no other worries in the world. Now I am back on the TTC wagon, it is consuming my energy. I just don't have enough to put into two major things in my life. Which is WHY I am ceasing TTC until I have lost the 10kgs that I now want to lose. THEN I will put the same energy into TTC again.

So if you wouldn't mind Lilfatty, please leave us alone and go back to the Weight Loss Thread. The reason I personally won't participate in there is because you berated me and another member nearly 12 months ago over our weight issues with SIMPLE questions that we had, and you were less than supportive, and why on earth would I want to hang around in a place like that when I have all the support I need right here with like-minded cyber-friends.

Edited by MaeBeeBaby
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 7:47pm
Well said. You summed it up very well!!

I am being good from today - had sushi for lunch fruit as well and just about to head to gym.

I have started using fitness pal and is good clocking what you eat better than paying $$ to WW online which essentially does the same thing,

I have found I have pout on some weight and the drugs just made me more bloated and easily gained about 4 kg during the cycle - didnt help that while I was on injections I had no energy at all to get to the gym at all. I am about 13 kg above ideal weight which isnt too bad and I thnk is achievable.    I do quite a bit of walking in Melbourne during summer but I have job where I drive to work and dont get much exercise during the day. I have also recently joined womans healtyh club which has excellent facilities so am using it more. Punching a boxing bag is also good cardio wise as well,

Good luck all - maybe we could have weekly weighin!
Crakleys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crakleys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:36pm
It is so true that the ivf drugs make you put on weight!!! After each one I have done I have felt puffed up and back to square one - then do some hard work get back to feeling good again and it's all over again. With no reward!! ie - a BABY!!!

During drug protocol and 2ww we are advised not to exercise - hence a whole month with no decent fitness. Plus the devstatation of BFN and miscarriage tends to make you turn to the chocolate - especially after you have been so good for so long!!

Hugs to all and good on you for taking action, and I hope with all my heart it takes us a step closer to our goals :) :) :) xoxoxo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 9:42pm
I gained most of my weight last year when I endured 3 pregnancies ending in mc - 10kgs gained in one year - because every 3 months I was pregnant, then miscarrying, then pregnant, then miscarrying... so it is no wonder I gained the weight. During that time I still maintained some form of hard exercise because I was punishing my body for letting me down, and hardly ate a thing during my grieving sessions, of which were many. So no one can tell me that it was input versus output that year. I was on a lot of fertility medications, injecting blood thinners twice a day, you name it. Interestingly, since last Friday's BFN, I have lost 2 kgs (hence my new ticker) and I have been out for dinner every night for various functions, and had dessert (god forbid) - I reckon I have lost the weight because I stopped ALL the drugs on Friday - my drug-related bloating has almost gone already. I am cycling round the block for 30 mins a day but that only started on Saturday cause I need some time out to myself at least once a day, away from people, so I can THINK about what has happened with my failed IVF, and what can I do next, and what am I prepared to next or able to cope with next.

Edited by MaeBeeBaby

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:32am
Yay to losing your 2kg MaeBeeBaby. You are so right what you said above, re infertility, I lost 24kg in 2009 with the thought in my head that I was doing IVF in June 2010, didnt worry about getting pregnant then, and fully concentrated on losing the weight, then along came 2010, IVF year, kept the weight off, put 6kgs back on during my cycle, and with all the disappointments, I have found it extremely hard to get back on track again.
But my head is hopefully in the right place now, so OFF it goes.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
tischler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tischler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 6:48pm
Hi guys, I will pop my head in here too if you don't mind. I started a thread a while back but we all kind of fell off it (** waves ** hi rosiefarmer).

I need to lose 10-15kg (need to lose 5, want to lose 10-15) before IVF again, so when back from my holiday I'll keep in touch with you guys. The IVF has been a killer for weight gain, and like a lot of you I'm going to enjoy Xmas and then seriously put some good plans in place.

I'll have to go and have a look at fitness pal, DH not keen on me paying for WW (even though it works). I'm also taking my low GI diet book on hols to get inspiration.

I eat when I have nothing to do, or in the car to or from work (and I drive 45 mins each way). I don't like nuts or seeds so it's REALLY hard to find things to snack on.

BUT I'M GOING TO TRY!!!

Merry Xmas to you all, and hope to catch up in the New Year and we can all work together to lose the weight.
5 IVF/ICSI Cycles - 10 embryo's, 8 transfers, all BFN's.
Our journey to parenthood is over, and we join the unfortunate many for whom IVF does not work.
trouble06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trouble06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 8:46pm
I try and eat healthily during the day - I make my own muesli - feel free to PM if you want the recipe - it makes about a months worth takes 9 min in the microwave and only has 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/4 cup rice brain oil all up so I think pretty healthy. i try and have sushi at lunchtime - in aussie it is cheap as so that fills me up and try to eat 2-3 pieces of fruit throughout the remainder of the day. My downfall at the mo is hot drinks - I used to have coffee but now have cut that out and drinking more tea that usual. I am trying to go to the gym or go for walk with DH most nights. I punched boxing bags last night at the gym and really feel it today. I dont really want to go down the optislim or detox way because you never know what is in the stuff that could interfere with the IVF drugs.

My other issueis that I am very slender in the waist but bigger in the thighs/butt which makes it difficult finding even jeans that fit in the right areas.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:53pm
Hi Tischler nice to see you again. (**waves back**) Yes I fell of the face of the planet for a wee while, but have picked myself up again.

DH has brought me a push bike for xmas so after xmas day I am in training for a 10km fun ride/race eeeekkkk have only ever riden a bike for fun.

LOL @ your DH Tischler re WW - I suggested to my DH that I started going again and he reckons I just need to give him the money and he could weigh me....He is very supportive though - he reckons I do really well when I write down what I eat....so I really do need to get doing that again, keeps you more honest with yourself.... I know what you mean about the work and driving, I used to do that too. Drive 40 mins to work - dont miss that at all. Now when I go out I try to take water/apples/carrots. Bit boring compared to chips and chocolate but way better for you.

Trouble, I love my coffees - the only time I stopped drinking them was when I was doing my IVF rounds.

#####No More Excuses#####

Have a great xmas everyone.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP
_H_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _H_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:54pm
my jeans seem to be looser, so i guess im going ok. The pass 3 days i have been REALLY bad with my food but for 2 weeks before that i was really good.

oh well said MB, by the way and good on you for the 2kgs!!!!!!!

i need to lose 30kg but ill be happy with 15kg to start with. I HAVE to lose weight for IVF, but i still cant get motivated. When i get bored or upset i eat, i know i shouldnt but i do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosiefarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:04pm
Hi Waiting....

I know how you feel re the motivation....my motivation in 2009 was completely to get to the ideal BMI for public IVF funding.

I was feeling real down with myself none of my clothes were fitting me, felt like I was gaining kgs/day....hated myself. One day it just snapped in my head. Told DH I was going to WW as I really wanted to lose the weight - it worked and I have kept all but 6 kgs off this year so I am pretty pleased with myself.

Doing IVF has been REAL hard on me emotionally and my eating habits had started to change for the worse. But have turned that around now.

The best thing for me is when people that knew me when I was BIGGER they now say "gee girl you still looking great".

I would ideally like to lose another 20 kgs, but will be happy with 10.

BTW in 2009 I knitted a blanket was real good at nighttime and cold wet days when not doing much, knitting instead of eating. My DS 17yr old hassled me for been a granny, but guess who snuggles under when he is here.
TER - Oct 2010 BFN
BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaeBeeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 7:45am
It would be so easy to say that IVF is motivation enough for wanting to lose weight. But when dealing with all the emotions of IVF it's very very hard to put that into practice.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 10:27am
Originally posted by MaeBeeBaby MaeBeeBaby wrote:

Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

Nah it is that simple. I am an emotional eater. My heaviest I was 99kg. You just have to learn a bit of self control and find another outlet for your emotions. The only real healthy way to loose weight is eat less and better and move more.

If it was that simple there would be no weight problems would there.

We all know the best way to lose weight is eat whole foods & less & exercise is to tone up.

Dealing with why you over eat & changing the relationship you have with foods are harder.

Lilfatty - this is not the first time you have intervened on something I have started regarding weight loss with a high and mighty attitude - and yes that is how I am receiving your posts. You are lucky and have reached your weight loss goal, well done to you! BUT there are many of us out there who cannot struggle with INFERTILITY (of which you don't participate in the threads of, so I can only guess that you don't have this problem, and I am sorry if you do of course!) and WEIGHT ISSUES. The drugs play havoc with our bodies, the infertility plays havoc with our emotions, and many of us suffer some form of depression, whether it is diagnosed, certifiable, post-natal (from miscarriage), or simply short-lived. Infertility-land is an incredibly lonely and emotional place to live in!

There are also many other possibilities as to why people gain weight, and in my case it's a gluten intolerance. WHEN I get that under control I usually begin to lose weight. But like anyone in this thread, trying to concentrate on many major issues at once is NOT going to happen. When I am not worrying about infertility, I am active and lose weight. I don't change much about what I eat in the big scheme of no fatty foods or takeaways, except that I prepare from scratch rather than buy pre-made or packet items.

When I had given up earlier this year, I lost 10kgs. And I am incredibly proud of myself for that. Why I did that? It's because I concentrated on my weight loss 100% cause I had no other worries in the world. Now I am back on the TTC wagon, it is consuming my energy. I just don't have enough to put into two major things in my life. Which is WHY I am ceasing TTC until I have lost the 10kgs that I now want to lose. THEN I will put the same energy into TTC again.

So if you wouldn't mind Lilfatty, please leave us alone and go back to the Weight Loss Thread. The reason I personally won't participate in there is because you berated me and another member nearly 12 months ago over our weight issues with SIMPLE questions that we had, and you were less than supportive, and why on earth would I want to hang around in a place like that when I have all the support I need right here with like-minded cyber-friends.

You asked the quickest way to lose weight .. and I told you.   

People who look for quick fix solutions spend year after year after year remaining fat .. if they started eating less and moving more right at the beginning, they would have been were they wanted to be instead of still complaining about how they "cant" lose weight.

.. I also think you need to build a bridge, I personally have no idea who you are. but if you could get over yourself and join in the weight loss thread you may have had more success than you are currently having.

Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
anon12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 11:56am

Edited by tal
mylilmosaic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylilmosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 1:50pm
Well said Tal

Nice to see you again and hugs for those girls in here that need them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>