FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLosing weight after baby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 8:00pm
Im here too. Pre preg of 64kg. I gained 25kg or so while preg. lost 15 of that once DD was born- mostly water retention, I was amazed how skinny my ankles were when I got them back! I sat on 74kg for months until late Dec where my stress levels went up and I lost 8kg in 2 months! Now sitting around 65, but would like to loose a couple more and get a bit fitter and toned. After starting another thread about being tired I have decided I have to go walking more, so will start doing that.

Sponsored Links

Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:20am
I've just started walking too . I reckon wearing a 7kg baby and battling with a big dog on a leash burns extra calories too right?
travelchick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travelchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 8:42pm
I'm definitely wanting to lose weight. Pre-pregnancy I was 65kg and went up to 85kg. Had baby 3 weeks ago and am now sitting on 75kg. Definitely want to get back down to 65kg, but preferably about 60kg. With my first baby I started off at 75kg and went up to 90kg. It took me about 10 months to get down to 65kg. I did the first bit on my own and then went to Jenny Craig to lose the last 10kg. This time I can't affort JC so am going to do it the old fashioned way - eat less and exercise more!!! Walking will be my exercise of choice as I will be able to take the double buggy out and get an extra bit of a workout. Fingers crossed its easier than I think it will be. Yeah right!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by travelchick travelchick wrote:

then went to Jenny Craig to lose the last 10kg. This time I can't affort JC so am going to do it the old fashioned way - eat less and exercise more!!!   

Well done you! Thats all it takes .. less in, more out!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 11:35pm
Gosh, I'm shocking!

I have had Zumba for a month now and have only done it twice!

I no longer BF'd, so can in theory diet...but haven't...

I keep getting bored every so often and baking....and sampling it

emily111207083 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emily111207083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2016 at 9:51pm
Hi ladies,
After giving birth at 35 years old I packed on 27 extra kilos that even with diet and exercise would not come back off. I am happy to say I have lost 25 kg with Reductil Sibutramine (Meridia) 15 mg. It helped so much with the cravings and late night eating. I didn't even want to look at food. Plus, it made me feel happy. I have not had any side effects at all and just feel really well. Recommended for anyone who wants a slimmer and healthier body. I got my pills from http://generic-meds-store.com ...one of my fav sources right now.
Good luck !!
Jenny201028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny201028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 4:35am
I was 135 before pregnancy, gained 37 more and shed these extra pounds by drinking mummy magic weight loss tea.
AndreaWolff212010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreaWolff212010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2016 at 7:06pm
I was 140 lbs before pregnancy. I gained 25 lbs after delivery and I reduced my weight by regular exercise and proper diet.
Janice212327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice212327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 9:09pm
My tummy is huge and I'm trying really hard to get back in shape
Gracy205071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gracy205071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2018 at 2:50am
Originally posted by escadachic escadachic wrote:

Oh, by the way, 63kgs is my pre-pregnancy weight, but my goal weight is 55kgs. I think losing weight is simple but I have to follow a low calorie diet.

Losing hair is a problem associated with weight gain.
If your over-weighed there is a chance that you lose weight as quick as possible. As hormonal imbalance is the sole reason. It happens as you are over-weighed.

DanielHenry230473 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielHenry230473 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 10:30pm
I have gained 20 kg weight extra during my pregnancy, whereas 50 kg is my actual weight before pregnancy, so I don’t have any option rather than reducing my body weight. So, I start doing few exercises daily in the morning as well as in the evening on regular basis in order to lose weight after 7 month of conceive. Now the result I got that I lost 2 and half kg within 35 days but the exercise list is too long in which yoga plays an important role.
Claras269426 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claras269426 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 4:22pm
I put on 15kg and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 3kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose weight even during your pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12