FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Normal" bleeding?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Normal" bleeding?
    Posted: 15 January 2011 at 10:11pm
Okay, so I started bleeding yesterday afternoon, and its still going. Its alternating a bit between red and brown, and is fairly light (about the flow of a light period), and I'm getting mild period-pain like cramps.
The midwife has said to wait a bit, to see if its "normal" bleeding or if it gets heavier and more painful.

So I'm wondering - has anyone had this amount of bleeding and still had a healthy pregnancy and baby?
Or do I need to accept an inevitable miscarriage?
I'm preparing myself for the worst, but am trying to allow for a tiny bit of hope.
Sponsored Links

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:47pm
I have.
In my last pregnancy I had a bleed at 8 weeks which was accompanied by light cramping. It was red to begin with and then brown, it lasted for almost a week.
I was in Hong Kong at the time and thought it was all over.
A scan revealed a healthy wee bub with a heartbeat measuring perfect for dates.
I had 3 more bleeds after that too, one was huge and they could never see why or where it came from. So scary.
If you're feeling really worried about it you could ask your midwife to refer you for a scan for threatened miscarriage?
Big hugs, I know just how awful it is.
Wishing you all the best x

Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

QTMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QTMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:35am
I have had bleeding around 13 - 15 weeks with both of my pregnancys and everything has been fine. I would definately contact your MW or GP if you are concerned just for peace of mind.

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:10am
I havent had bleeding in this pregnancy. But just wanted to say that heaps of the girls in due july 11 thread have had bleeding. And for many it turned out fine.

FX its nothing Whitewave
MrsEmma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsEmma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:57am
I had bleeding with DS at around 8-9 weeks, about 4 days in a row it was light and also changing from brown to red. I had m/c a month before so I was really paranoid and thought I would m/c again but I had a scan on the 5th day and he was absolutely fine.

All the very best and I have my FX it's nothing to worry about

Edited for shocking spelling

Edited by MrsEmma

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:50am
I just wrote this in our due month but thought I'd write it here too in case you miss it. One of my friends had bleeding and turned out it was a cyst or something like that and the bubba was fine. So fingers crossed all is ok with you too.
whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:20pm
Thanks guys, that gives me a little bit of hope. The midwife said to call the other midwife she works with (she's going on holiday tomorrow) and ask for a scan if I needed to. So I'm planning on calling tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:25pm
I have had bleeding all three times Ive been pregnant.

My first, was a pinky red bleed to start with, no cramps, then got heavier like a light period and I m/c

Second (DS), I had the same thing at 6 weeks, carried on bleeding brown for a while but he was fine

With DD I bled at 6 weeks, redish moderate bleeding and cramps, I thought for sure I was losing her, but had a scan at nearly 8 weeks and it showed a hemmorrage under the pregnancy sac, luckily baby was fine and the bleeding stopped after a while but it did get bright red for a day!

Imogen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imogen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:57pm
Fingers crossed that its nothing.

I had a massive heavy bleed that lasted for about 3-4 days with this pregnancy and I assumed that it was all over but another month or so later I took another test and it was the strongest BFP that I have ever seen (and we hadn't bd since what we thought was a miscarriage) so I had a scan and I was nearly 8 weeks preggy.
Proud mummy to two beautiful little girls and a precious little boy <3
MerlinFluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:39pm
*big hugs* a stressful time aye?

I bled through the whole first tri with this one, from light bright red to heavy gushing. I was scanned every 2 weeks and each scan was nerve wracking but showed a healthy growing bubs. I'm now being kicked to bits by the wee monkey :)

Good luck for your scan.
***Elly***

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:16pm
Unfortunately a scan today showed I have indeed miscarried. I mostly expected it, but I would have thought there would be more blood and pain involved in a miscarriage - it never got heavier than a normal period.

Thanks for all your help and support, it would be so much harder without all the OhBaby love!
meganflett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meganflett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:37pm
So sorry for your loss :(
MerlinFluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerlinFluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:19pm
so so sorry to hear of your loss. It's a devastating feeling I still think about the wee one I lost in April even whilst carrying this one. Feel free to vent and get as much support as you need on here.
***Elly***

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:27pm
I came in here hoping for good news. Im sorry for your loss hun
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:11am
I had everything crossed for you Whitewave Im so sorry to hear about your loss

+1 May 09 Angel
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:36pm
Naww hun Im so sorry *hugs*

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:28pm
So sorry to hear that Jen
Lisa mummy to Ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply