FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedREALLY random question....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REALLY random question....
    Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:09pm
When you have an elective C-Section (not that I am at this stage) Your waters obviously haven't broken so what happens with them, do they break them as they are doing the op?

LOL sorry such a bizzare question

Edited by noodle

Sponsored Links

Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:28pm
Didnt hear any water hit the floor, but I did hear a lot of suction going on prior to Jae being pulled out, so my guess is they use that hose/vacuum thingy to suck out the waters to make it easier to get access to baby?
Brandon - 05/12/2003

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 6:47pm
Ah yes....a vacuum thing would make sense, bit like at the dentist but on a slightly larger scale I suppose.
Man I cant believe I didn't think of that hahaha I had visions of them slicing through like a balloon full of water and water going everywhere! It's a strange strange thing this preggy brain of mine LOL

fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:03pm
I asked about what happens with the plug too. Apparently the surgeon uses a swab to remove it lol.

tictacjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tictacjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:55pm
With one of my electives the ob had cut through the outer layers then as he was about to cut into the uterus (I guess?) he said "waters, mind your feet" & there was a big "whoosh" & the registrar took a leap backward & swore. So I guess it depends on how much waters there are- typically when you get to fullterm though there's less fluid.
Edited for dodgy spelling.

Edited by tictacjunkie
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:18pm
Yep I heard the suction thing too so assumed they were sucking up the waters    Didn't even think about the plug though - although I was bleeding heavily (placenta abruption) and when my midwife was inserting the catheter she said there was a huge blood clot that she had to pull out

Edited by KH25
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 7:24am
They suck out the waters, the remove the plug and they suck out lots of the blood etc, so if you have a c-section you will often have less port-partum bleeding.
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:14am
thats true hila1 i only bleed for 4 or 5 days and light as well. A bonus
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:56am
i iwhs that were true for me.. weeks both times.. i never thought bout it either..the plug that is...i wondered exactly the same as you noodle about the waters!:) ..but then i went into labour the second time instead of elective.. but they did tell me they suctioned out the water... maybe cause redheads bleed more i carried on bleeding?:) with my DandC i had to have an injection to stop it!
Mum to two amazing boys!
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:01am
If you are are planning an elective, don't buy heaps of maternity pads like I did!! I really only needed maybe 1 pack of maternity pads, and 1 pack of regular pads, and then some liners.
But I had so much milk that I ended up using the maternity pads as breast pads during the night!
KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:30am
I bled for around 4 weeks I think. Better than the 8 weeks with DD    But yeah it was quite light in comparison to delivering naturally!
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 9:47pm
I dont have a vaginal delivery to compare it too, but mine was only a couple of weeks bleeding (then again, a normal period for me is barely 3 days) then another week of that horrible 'old blood' stuff So I barely got through one pack of maternity pads (ironically, my first few periods after I stopped BFing I had to pull them back out again as it was a lot heavier than it used to be, then they settled back down again) before I was back to my usual size pads.

The lessened time of PP bleeding was probably a blessing considering I lost 2L of blood during the op alone... if I'd had full PP bleeding for longer I would have been a little worse off I imagine!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:23am
weeks here too, pp bleeding (post the first few days)is the spot where the placenta was attached so depends on how quick you heal! given women are restful post section stands to reason you heal quicker thus less bleeding...

With J I only needed one pack, with Ollie I needed 3 packs... both sections!

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:33pm

I had about the same amount of bleeding with CS as with VB
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:43pm
oops I forgot I asked this question lol thanks for all your replies ladies got to go into these things (if i'm not allowed a VBAC) prepared haha

My bleeding after DS was about 7weeks on and off heavy, medium and light (emergency Csection) I dont think I needed the heavy duty maternity pads for all that long though the super pads were enough. It's amazing how different everyone is aye!

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 1:51pm
I had 6 weeks PP bleeding with Caden! and with Bella....3 or 4...cant remember lol

and yep the suck the waters out!

fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:09pm
Both of mine the bleeding was roughly 6 weeks. It sort of started and stopped depending on what I had done during that day.

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:44pm
I only bled for 2 weeks and spotted really lightly for another week...

+1 May 09 Angel
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:49pm
I had worse bleeding after my c/s and with huge clots which I didn't get after my VB, they obviously didn't do a very good suction job on me!

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:43am
Originally posted by hila1 hila1 wrote:

They suck out the waters, the remove the plug and they suck out lots of the blood etc, so if you have a c-section you will often have less port-partum bleeding.

Really? I thought that they would suck up the blood as well but after my elective I was bleeding for around two weeks. The first week was super heavy! Maybe something went wrong

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>