FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHoliday savings tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sez26 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sez26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holiday savings tips
    Posted: 13 February 2011 at 2:15pm
We are off on our annual holiday in a couple of weeks. Fortunately we have managed to save and we hopefully won't need to use our credit cards. In saying this I'm a bit worried we will over spend and come back to a massive credit card bill. I want to make this trip as fun and enjoyable as possible, without worrying about money.

Does anyone have any money saving tips for holidays? Accommodation is already sorted, so we will need to pay for food, petrol and activities. We like to dine out for meals, but the cost can add up very quickly. It's quite a drive, so I've already started saving petrol discount vouchers. We also like to keep busy visiting all the local attractions.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 2:56pm
Dont take credit cards! Work out how much cash you have for each day and ONLY spend that...even take it out in cash. I'm guessing you are not going overseas...but you could still treat it like an overseas holiday and pay cash for things.
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 3:14pm
This is how we try to organise our holidays.

- If you can, work out an itinerary so you do particular things on particular days.
- Try to do as many free (or low cost) activities as possible.
- Stay away from shops and malls that will tempt you unless you need something.
- Take your own snack foods and breakfast (unless breakfast is included in your accommodation)
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
Sez26 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sez26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 4:39pm
Thanks heaps - all really great tips.

I'm going to research attractions we want to do and find out the cost.

Definitely going to have at least breakfast at the accommodation. Breakfast out can be just as expensive as dinner sometimes! Might even pack a lunch most days. Any lunch ideas that don't need to be cooled or heated?

Thanks again, I really appreciated it :-)

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 8:12am
any way you can take a chilly bin & have the ice block frozen where you stay or is there a fridge in your room? If so then you can pack a picnic lunches.

Post Reply Post Reply