FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAuckland Paed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
werty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auckland Paed
    Posted: 10 March 2011 at 10:17am
Hey,

I have a gorgeous 4 month old boy who's primarily lactose intolerant, recently diagnosed reflux and now has very chesty cough and wheezing/panting.

At first we thought the cough/wheezing was due to the reflux but it hasn't improved since being on 15mg losec so the next step is a paediatrician

Just wondering if anyone's had good success with a paed in Auckland that they could share. I've had mixed reviews of Peter Nobbs,(he's the one my GP would refer me to) and a good review of Stefan Van de Walt.(A friend's recommendation)

I'm not 100% sure if this kind of sharing of doctors names is allowed, so big apologies if it's not, I am happy to be PMd?

I just want to see the best possible person to get my little man right!

Thanks
Erin

Edited by erinmc

Sponsored Links

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 10:28am
Hi, Im in the same position and I have been reccomended Allen Liang so I am going to make an appointment with him, apparently he is the guy to see about reflux. Hope that helps
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
Snubbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snubbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 1:59pm
I've seen both Stefan Van der Walt and Allen Liang these last 2 weeks. PM me or email me at message_memo@hotmail.com if you want my opinion on the two. They are both very different in personalities and treatment approaches. :)

Kimnthekids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimnthekids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2011 at 11:05pm
We've seen Stefan, and I enjoyed talking to him immensely. Not only did he seem incredibly knowledgeable, but was able to easily explain to me in 'simple' terms that I could understand.
He also was quick to do follow up phone calls, and letters, which I appreciated
 Post Reply Post Reply