FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe 2 week pregnancy test wait ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wispy_willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2 week pregnancy test wait ...
    Posted: 18 March 2011 at 5:25pm
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for some past experiences of both successful and unsuccessful IVF (after egg replacement) as I'm in that 2 week wait between egg replacement and the blood test, and going a bit nutty (after only 2 days). I've been doing my research on the net and apparently you can expect implantation 2-6 days after the replacement/transfer - anyone had any implantation symptoms? I've obviously heard about pain and spotting, but if you have a pain, how long does it last? I keep thinking every little twitch might (hopefully) be it happening but I've had quite a few of those now, so it's unlikely! Also, if it's unsuccessful (in which case I will be devestated, as you might expect) how soon do you get your period?

I'm still amazed that it ever works. My 1st cycle was cancelled because I only had 2 follicles, so they moved me onto microdose flare. I ended up with 14 follicles. From that they retrieved 10 eggs. 8 eggs fertilised. 6 eggs divided, but only 4 divided correctly, so I had one replaced on day 3, and the lab will call tomorrow to see how the remaining 3 went and whether they can be frozen for possible later use.

Maybe I should also mention - I very unluckily managed to start coming down with the flu the day before egg collection, and 2 days after replacement, I'm still full of it, so as well as being paranoid that I've "coughed the egg out" the fact that I'm less than healthy isn't great, I know! Anyone else had a successful pregnancy when they did the collection and replacement while ill (feel free not to reply to this bit if you were sick and unsuccessful as that would only worry me further).

Edited by wispy_willow
Sponsored Links

sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 6:59pm
I would be really interested to hear replies here too.
I am on day four post transfer and going insane (or gone already?)
I have had tugging and tingling all day since day two. Thought it might be implantation to start with but it seems to have gone on for too long now.
Also, my progesterone has started to pretty much all come out, as if none is being absorbed anymore. (Since day three) I wonder if this is because my body is making enough of my own or because the precious emby has already gone and my body knows it doesn't need it anymore. Arrrrr. I wish there was a confirmed set of symptoms!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:05pm
Hey sharpie,

I was wondering about the progesterone too, as there did seem to be a lot coming out, but then I remembered the nurse saying it's the peanut oil and it can get quite messy?! Even if it looks like it's all come out it will definitely still be giving at least some, if not all, of the intended benefit, as it's obviously being dissolved and then has to work its way out ...

I COMPLETELY feel your frustration!!!!!
Poppy1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:15pm
I have done IVF with both positive and negative outcomes. The positive outcome was sadly not for long though

With my + IVF, I had light period like cramping throughout on and off and headaches started towards the last few days. Those were the main differences, so as you can see, not much.

Hang in there ladies, hopefully we'll hear of your BFPs real soon.
IVF1- BFN
IVF2- BFP - early m/c
IVF3- May 11
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:18pm
Wispy_willow My problem with the progesterone is that not alot was coming out to start with and then yesterday ALOT! started coming out.

Thanks for the help Poppy1 I'm really sorry your BFP didn't last. I have been following your progress in the IVF thread.
Poppy1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:21pm
Thanks sharpie
By the way don't worry about those pesseries, they are messy things, some will come out but what you need will be absorbed.
Good Luck x
IVF1- BFN
IVF2- BFP - early m/c
IVF3- May 11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:25pm
Poppy1: thanks for your reply, must be even harder to have a positive that you then lose When did your cramping start?

Sharpie: I have had a similar experience (presume you're on the Utrogestan?) where the evening of the first day and the next there was a lot, the next day pretty much nothing, the next day more ... seems quite variable, with no pattern to it, so I don't think you're alone there ...
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 6:15pm
I am having so many symptoms but google is no help as there is evidence for either good news and bad.
I will list them all in here for reference for other people if I find out its BFP.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 6:22pm
Me too! I'll do the same. At the moment I keep getting stomach-area pains (nothing severe, more like just uncomfortable) but think it's just trapped gas!

This is a TERRIBLE 2 week wait, and I went out and bought a pregnancy test to do when I can't wait any longer to prepare me for the blood test result.
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 8:17pm
I don't think I will do one. I think I will just wait as I don't want to know anything that isn't definate.
Gas is a symptom of pregnancy as are pains and many many other things (thank you google).
anabee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 11:27am
Hi there

I am new to this forum :) I had a FET (5day blast) a couple of days before the quake in CHCH and after all the stress etc was pretty sure it wouldn't take.

I had all the normal symptoms of AF approaching, bloated, cramps etc, but my boobs were much more sore than normal (and they seemed to grow a cup size over night). It was the first time I made it to the blood test without AF arriving first and a I got a BFP ! A couple of other early symptoms I had were a day of nausea that started a couple of hours after the transfer and I was really thirsty!

I'm waiting for my early scan before I get too excited though.

Hope this sort of helps, and good luck for you blood tests.

Ana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 12:27pm
Oh, congrats Ana!!!!! That's so good to have happy news after that! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

I've also been super thirsty all the time and been a bit tender so I'm hoping ... but still have 4 days to wait and find out!
fozziebear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozziebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 3:36pm
Hi guys,

Me too have had a BFN and then a BFP that sadlly didn't last long as well. The most noteable difference was a couple days after the transfer i went to have hot pork roast and the min. i put it in my mouth i couldn't stand the the taste. I also got really tried as the 2 weeks went on.

Best of luck for you.
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 3:59pm
Hi ladies, oh the fun of the 2ww, its just pure torture isn't it! Hang in there, not too long to go now!

I have had three transfrers, 2 BFP's and 1 BFN, sadly for us too both BFP's didn't last but my main difference between the two BFP's and BFN was tiredness, all three I felt like AF was coming on, sore boobs, messy pessaries etc, but tiredness was main sympton esp towards the end of 2ww. Hope that helps a wee bit.

PS - Wispy willow, with one of BFP's I also caught the flu and coughed and coughed and coughed, thought there was no chance of poor embie hanging on through all that, then broke out in awful itchy rash, have no idea what that was, but was still BFP, just goes to show they can really hang on when they want to.

Good luck ladies! Look forward to seeing your BFP's soon!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice
sharpie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:33pm
Thanks Scaredy and Ana and fozzy.
I hope I can be in here sharing my BFP symptoms tomorrow night!
anabee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 4:20pm
Good luck to all of you... keep us posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:22pm
Okey dokey, I can now confirm my early pregnancy symptoms since I had my BFP today! Extreme thirst and I've been drinking probably twice as much water as usual. I also have trapped gas that feels like tummy ache all the time, and was a wee bit constipated.

And if it's of any use to anyone, just in case I did something right that might have helped my little Embie implant, from the time of egg collection (and I'll still keep doing this) I have completely avoided putting anything chemical on my skin or hair - I've been using organic shampoo/conditioner, handwash & deodorant, as I figured that any extra chemicals floating in my body might not help. I also have one of those natural herbal-essence type perfumes that are paraben and chemical free. And the main other thing I've done, is that because I'm 100% vegetarian I made a huge effort to pretty much double my protein intake with lots of tofu and more eggs. Of course these might have had no influence whatsoever on whether the embryo implanted, but I figured it won't hurt to let other people know what steps I've taken!

Good luck everyone else!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 3:10pm
I also forgot to say that I didn't have any spotting, and although I had tender boobs for a few days that mostly stopped about 3 days before my blood test so I'm not sure what that means ...
ScaredyCat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:33am
Huge congrats wispy willow, that is fantastic news! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 8 or so months!

Interesting what you said about no using anything with chemicals in it, my naturopath is advising the same, fingers crossed it works for us before needing our next round of IVF!
TTC # 1 - 7.5 years
2 x IVF - 4 x Trf
3 x BFP's
3 x M/c Feb 09June 10Sept 11
2 Blasties on Ice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wispy_willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 9:59am
Thanks ScaredyCat, I hope so! Last night I completely freaked out as I had a bit of spotting, but the nurse has said that it can be quite normal to have spotting and even light bleeding in early pregnancy. She said 30% of women have light bleeding and still go on to have normal healthy babies, so fingers crossed. But I'm still petrified.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>