FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLosing fat while pregnant.... safe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Becsandmonkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becsandmonkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Losing fat while pregnant.... safe?
    Posted: 10 April 2011 at 8:34pm
Hi ladies,
I am overweight and just found out i am pregnant, am i alowed to keep restricting my diet (sensibly of course) and exersizing? My aim is to lose all the fat and gain lots of baby!
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 9:31pm
I wouldn't restrict as such, more just make sure that you are eating a healthy balanced diet and you will be fine.

Exercise wise, its generally said that anything you were doing prepregnancy is fine but not to try new things
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 7:04am
I had GD with my last 2 & was under hospital high risk care so got to see a dietitian.

I had to watch my potion size & give up certain foods, I lost a bit of weight & did not put on much, just baby. I was over weight to start with.

I would not go out to lose weight while pg just eat healthy & smaller meals more often. Go walking & do gentle exercise as it will help when it comes time for delivery.

Don't stress over it thought, enjoy your pregnancy
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 12:12am

I agree with Jazzy and Kebekat just focus on being healthy. I read part of the book What to expect when you are expecting and also what to eat when you are expecting. What stuck in my mind was that baby (or babies in my case ) have no choice but to eat what you are having so you should think to yourself before eating- would I feed this to my baby - McDonalds maybe not but steak with homemade wedges and veges yes.

I focused on the nutrition and tried not to eat to much junkfood. I upped the dairy and protein I was eating. I was bout 78 kg when got pregnant and put on about 12 kg with the twins which I thought was not too bad it was definitely just all baby. As jazzy said don't stress about it though.

I lost that weight in the few weeks after I had them but the kgs have been creeping back on... time to do something about it sick of feeling yuk!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 7:15am
Originally posted by jules1980 jules1980 wrote:

I lost that weight in the few weeks after I had them but the kgs have been creeping back on... time to do something about it sick of feeling yuk!

I was the same, I lost heaps after but it creped back on over time & totally know that yuk feeling
ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 4:33pm
I'm back on the weight loss wagon............and DP has decided he wants to start TTC #3. I've had a fixed thing in my mind that I must lose this weight before TTC, but now I figure, just do both, each month I don't concieve means an extra month to drop kilos. Once I'm pregnant I'll continue to eat well and exercise.......things I didn't really do the first time round. I had GD as well, which is why I wanna slim down more before the next one. So sounds like the ladies in here have got it sussed!

Nickle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 7:39pm
I am doing weight watchers and you are not 'allowed' to do the program while pregnant. I guess the most important thing is not to go over the top with what you eat.
 Post Reply Post Reply