FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGetting a few nervous gitters...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarleyRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting a few nervous gitters...
    Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:36am
So yesterday i went and had my Pre Op for my Laparoscopy / dye / Hysteroscopy. Lovely people, all made me feel happy with the procedures etc but i am starting to get a little worried with the general anesthetic.

I have never been knocked out at all, not even really in a hospial - apart from the scans and prodding i have had to put up with!

Is there any tips or anything that works well for you guys to help me relax a little bit??

TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
FET-8th August - BFP 20/8/12
Sponsored Links

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:47am
Hey Emma, I'd never been in hospital or had general before my lap either and honestly you have nothing to worry about It all happens really fast so you don't have time to be nervous. One minute you are lying in the operating theatre and the next minute you're out for the count! I must admit I found it quite an odd experience how quickly I passed out after being given the gas.

You'll be fine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:51am
Thanks LR!
I am quite the worrier!
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:53am
The way I looked at it was that I had nothing to worry about because I wouldn't have a clue what is going on anyway!
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 11:05am
Hey Emma, sorry got no advice as I haven't had a lap but just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow hun!
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 11:13am
Hi

I had a lap years ago and have also had general anesthetic on 2 other ocassions. You've honestly got nothing to worry about. I've always found the staff really lovely so one minute you've having a wee chat, then they put the mask on and before you know it you're waking up in recovery.
You'll be fine.
IVF & ICSI in April 2011
BFP!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 11:39am
Thanks guys!

Hopefully it will be over before I kno it!
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 12:54pm
as the others have said you have nothing to worry about, and I thought like LR that I was out to it so had no idea what they were doing anyway lol Going off to sleep is pretty cool and I always feel like i've been asleep for ages once I come round lol but that could just be me Heaps of luck heading your way for tomorrow

ooligator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 1:30pm
Hi, I had a laparoscopy and HSG done in Feb, and it was my 6th general anaesthetic. I also still worry about them, but I get a bit fatalistic about it, and figure that once I'm out, I don't know what happens, and I just hope like heck that I wake up again.

In all seriousness, general anaesthetic is so safe, and they know what they're doing. Trust in the staff.
Me 38
DH 39
DD1 - 3 years, born prem at 30 weeks after 5 years TTC
DD2 - born prem at 33 weeks
 Post Reply Post Reply