FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Fitness Pal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:15pm
I've just joined, Nik8it

I'm a bit confused by the site though!
Its only giving me 1230 calories a day .... I would STARVE on that. apparently if I keep eating like I did today (a great days for me!) my weight will be up in 5 weeks. It reckons I should be down to my goal weight in 5 weeks (7.2kgs to go) ... I'm not so sure, its taken me almost 3 months to lose 3kgs, so I doubt it will suddenly all come off quickly. although if I ate that little it might! It told me my bacon and egg pie for dinner was 1200 calories alone, so that only left me with 30cal for the rest of the day! (but only offered me 1 serve or 4 serves of pie?!)

Oh dear! lol
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 6:58am
Nikki I have sent a friend request I am sparkleberries.

I have just checked my cals & they are 1200 a day. You can earn extra with exercise. You will find you can stick to it, just watch portion sizes.

Are you adding in food from scratch or picking what is in the data base? Did you make the b&e pie?
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:06pm
Be careful with the options in the database. If you made the pie, enter it as a recipe (an option in the 'Food' tab. If you bought it, see if you can find the matching one, or you may have to enter the nutritional values yourself. I made B&E pie on the weekend (served 6) and it was 378 per serve.

I'll add you too :)
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 12:52pm
378 sounds better than 1200!! I have accepted both. Will get back on tomorrow and have another look.

I still don't think I could stick to that. I used to eat about 3000 (hence not losing my baby weight!) and theoretically should have about 2000 to maintain (I count anything less than this as a good day!) ... so I might drop down from the recommneded loss/wk so it lets me have a bit more! :)
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 3:24pm
I've sent you a request on there too Nikki

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 3:57pm
Nikki - What have you set your weekly weightloss goal to? Maybe aim for 1 lb/500g per week then your daily deficit will only be 500cal. If it's saying you'll lose 7kg in 5weeks then yeah you won't be getting alot of cals! I'm maintaining and I get 1800 per day.
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 12:12pm
I've changed it to half a pound now, so it will let me have 1480cals. even that will be hard! hehe.
I was doing OK with yesterdays entry til I got to the 3 glasses of wine! So i didn't even put in the afternoon tea shout at work! lol. oh dear!

Think I'll have to exercise ALOT to get more food allowance!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
BriAndOlisMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 1:57pm
you can add me too i'm Bri_and_Oli_Mum
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 7:09pm
Accepted the request, thanks.
Woohoo - day 3 and I've stuck to the increased calorie limit - probably because it gave me lots more calories with my exercise though.
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 8:51pm
so how many calories is everyone on? I'm supposed to be on 1500 but I think it is too much and i'm not loosing any weight. I'm thinking about lowering it but thought i'd see what everyone else is on first.
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 9:34am

I get 1440, I actually go under most days......when I changed my lifestyle to sedentary it gave me 1200, might try that for a bit and see how it goes

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 12:42pm
I have changed to sedentary now and it is now giving me 1200 :)
HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 8:07pm
Ive just joined and im pretty confused too! It has given me 1450 points, but my job is pretty sedentary. I do get up and walk every 30 mins but only a few metres

How do you change to sedentary? Im popsicle13

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 8:39pm
Welcome to MFP Huntersmama

To set your activity level go to: 'Settings' > 'update your diet profile'.

Will send you a friend request
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
cheekymouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheekymouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 1:38pm
I have just joined MFP. Username Cheekymouse12. I need the extra motivation to get back on Track

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriAndOlisMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 2:15pm
just added you
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 4:50pm
Me too
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 8:31pm
I'm on there too if anyone wants to add me: lauratws

I actually upped my cals as i wasnt loosing when i only had 1200, so now i aim for a net of around 1400.

EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 5:07pm
Yeah I do think having your calories too low can cause as many problems as have too many. I aim for a .5kg loss per week (when not preggy of course) and eat back most of my b/feeding and exercise calories and I tend to lose fairly consistently. When I don't lose it's because I eat badly (lots of fatty, sugary food etc!!)
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
Nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 10:03pm
OMG I got sick and had a cold / cough for 7 weeks .... exercise twice in that time and was so sick the next day I stopped ... then we went to Oz for a week and have been flat out since we got back so I have done nothing in 2 months! But I'm back on there now .... and need to start exercising so I have any hope of staying under my calories!

Geez, just when I was getting back into working out too!
DS (5yrs) and DD (3yrs)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>