FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLap / Sperm Antibodies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CarleyRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lap / Sperm Antibodies
    Posted: 16 April 2011 at 10:44am
Morning Ladies, me again...

Well the lap & dye wasn't as bad as i thought, really bad shoulder pain and still really sore today!

But the doctor come around afterwards and i am in presteen condition! Is really good except i kinda wished they found something wrong.

She then went on to talk about what we can do next. she started talking about DH's Sperm again (he has had two really good samples) and she want to check fro sperm antibodies. So he has to do another sample, and get it check and then decide if we want to do a IUI cycle. without funding its going to cost us $1000 per cycle.

So now DH is really worried about this and is starting to blame himself! Which i can't stress enough to him that it is our problem, not just his!

So has anyone had any success with sperm antibodies and getting pregnant, he may not even have sperm antibodies, but he has convinced himself!
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
FET-8th August - BFP 20/8/12
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 1:05pm
Hmmm... No one too sure on sperm antibodies??

Have to do some googling
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 1:11pm
Sorry, I can't help re sperm antibodies, just wanted to wish you luck
IVF & ICSI in April 2011
BFP!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 3:11pm
Thanks Catie :)
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
Carnelian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carnelian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 4:48pm
There are levels to the amount of anti-bodies in sperm. We unfortunately have the worst with 100% clumping of anti-bodies.
We were not even given the option of IUI and went straight to IVF with ICSI.
We got pg first round with one fresh blast and then a year later we thawed one snow baby and had another child with FET.

Good luck with your journey. Feel free to ask any other ?'s.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 12:42pm
Thanks Very Much Carnelian, will def be asking more questions as the time comes around!
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
SunshineWife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 2:08pm
Wow Carnelian, you're so lucky to have had a successful first round and a snowy baby the next round too! I bet you hear that a lot when you tell your story :)

I don't think my DH has been tested for anibodies, but he did a SA test at the clinic and the count was sooo low that they couldn't do any quality testing on it :( I shall ask about this today at our review appointment. There was enough sperm for us to do ICSI in the first round but unfortunately got BFN and no frosties
Did your DH have any other issues apart from antibodies?
Me 27, DH 25 (MFI)
IVF + ICSI March '11 BFN and no frosties
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 8:55pm
How did you review appointment go sunshinewife? Did they give you any ideas into why it didnt work and why you got no frosties?? PM if you like as Im quite interested to hear what they said. whats your plan going forward, did they say how long till you can tr again?

All the best emmap! My DH had to give a sperm sample a few weeks before our IVF and they tested for antibodies and it all came back fine but Im thinking of getting his sperm DNA fragmentation checked. Just wondered if anyone knows about this also?? We just did our first IVF and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy and we had no frosties so Im looking for any further tests that we can get done other than the standard ones FA have already had us do. Tring to be proactive while we wait for IVF round 2 in approx 6 months seems likes theres so many avenues to go down! Bit hard when we have been given the unexplained infertility label from FA. Hope you get your BFP very soon emmap! x
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF#1 - Chem Pregnancy,no frosties
IVF#2 - BFP!!!! Plus 1 frostie

Carnelian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carnelian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 9:45pm
Sunshine wife - no DH didn't have any other issues. Sperm count, motility and everything else was within normal limits.
He got the anti-bodies from when he was younger. He slipped down a bank and landed on a tree between his legs. The tree saved his fall but has basically made him sterile (well to conceive naturally that is!). Yes, we've never heard of anyone who has managed to conceive 2 children from one round of IVF (well unless they had twins) and still have frosties left over. (We have 2 left) so yes we definitely feel thankful every day for our success. Our children are very treasured.
I think all IVF parents love their kids the tiniest bit more as they've had to work so hard to get them (but maybe I'm biased!!). Our kids will also never have to wonder if they were truely wanted or not.

Tiff8ny - sorry I can't help with the further testing. Wishing you all the best though.

Post Reply Post Reply