FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPro-C/Section Support / Chat / Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
lillibit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillibit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 4:00am
Ditto on the scar here too, not raised at all, just a faint line barely noticeable and I didn't even bother with any "healing" lotions/potions.

Probably an obvious answer to this question...but do they recut your original scar open again second c/section? They would won't they? and how has it healed second time round - anyone that has had 2 or more?
Sponsored Links

mcshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:57pm
What they do in most cases is they cut a new scar close to the old one, but they remove the old one so that you end up with just the one scar. They remove any scar tissue that they can do so safely. Very considerate of them huh!

My second c/s was a bit dramatic so I have a lovely neat line accompanied by a backwards Nike swoosh. It'll make the birds and bees talk MUCH easier in years to come - "here's where you came from, and here's where your brother came from!" heehee!!
Mum to two very active boys, born October 2008 and December 2010. Getting excited about becoming a Childbirth Educator, and LOVIN being a birth support to amazing and courageous women!
mcshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:05pm
Oh and on the birth support thingie - I had my husband and my independent midwife for #1. (That was on top of haivng the core (hospital) midwife that goes in as part of the theatre team.)

The plan for #2 was to have hubby and my friend who is a childbirth educator in theatre - she's helping me with my studies to teaching childbirth ed classes too - but it was all a bit dramatic and everyone yelled at each other and ran around like headless chooks and in the end not even my midwife was in theatre when they got him out.
Mum to two very active boys, born October 2008 and December 2010. Getting excited about becoming a Childbirth Educator, and LOVIN being a birth support to amazing and courageous women!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:33pm
after 2 sections I cant see my scar at all. Maybe it's the 'apron' ;) hehe. I do get bouts of thrush here and there, but other than that it's sweet as.

Excellent thread btw - i am so totally PRO c-section.
I just still love how when they went to take Lily out the doctor said 'Ooh thats a big baby.' hehe 9 and a half pounds later :P

I had my Mum and backup MW in for Thomas and my hubby and MW in for Lily.

Oh yea and they do cut around the same area for the 2nd+ sections and remove scar tissue. It makes the process a little longer, but you're honestly so occupied with everything else thats going on in the room :P

One thing I hope they do in the future is put out more education about c-sections. My AN classes were ALL natural birth with not even one little flyer about c-sections. Thank the gods for OB and all the wonderful ladies on here that gave me all the info I needed!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:45pm
Well my Mum managed to slip into the conversation AGAIN yesterday that if she had been at my DD1 VB that i wouldnt of needed a C/s with DD2. OMG does she think she is an OB or a MW or something, she was just going on about how she would have known that DD1 was stuck and told me when to push etc LMFAO!

For the record had core midwife & back up MW and OB all in on the job for the last 4 hours of VB, if they all recomend a c/s for no2 then c/s it is and was and will be again! OB just said my internals of my pelvis and prominent tailbone wont get a baby over 6lb out without assistance. have had 6lb6oz & 6lb 11oz for the record

Mum is so anti - c/s she gets rite up me.everynow & then about it! She was in on my sisters very "text book" 3 x VB, no stitches home from hosp next day blah blah, mum of course thinks this is all cos she was her support person.

In someways I want her to come to theatre with me just to see how amazing a c/s is and someways I dont want her there just coz she is so anti.

Anyways in Timaru they only let 1 support person in so that will be DH and also hav my MW of course.

Sorry all about me today had to get it off my chest, but just wondered if anyone elses family are so negative to them about C/s birth.
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:34pm
Hey guys great thread. I had to have an acute c section (not emergency) with DD my Bp kept rising and she was breech so was admitted to hospital the night before my c section. Went really well as soon as I got feeling back in my legs I was up and showered, recovered so well was really happy with it. Now I am pregnant with baby 2 and am really feeling the pressure of having to have a VBAC, I dont really have an excuse not to vbac since I never went into labour with DD so there was never an issue as to whether baby got stuck or if my pelvis was the right size. There is prob a good chance I would be fine but is just hard to think about having to go through what would be a first labour for me when I have known the easy, less painful way IYKWIM

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:40pm
Salz
who's putting the pressure on you to VBAC? I think if you want to c/s birth then tell the OB/MW straight up. Ignore any friends/familys comments its YOUR BODY and YOUR BABY! and we are in the 21st century!

In my first scan (this 3rd preg), OB asked any do you have any questions. Can I have another c/s? Yes of course its best for you, is the answer I got. yes Ive had problems but I know others that havent that like you have preferred to c.s birth and thats what they did.
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:55pm
I suppose its a generalised pressure and its assumed I would want to vbac. My MW said the day I got home from the hospital "not to worry that I will be able to have a VBAC next time" she just assumed that's what I want. The thing is I dont have an excuse to not VBAC Im just a whimp. So I suppose Im putting pressure on myself too.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 9:11pm
salz plenty of women opt for another c/s, it's an option every woman whose had a c/s is given. There are risks to trying for a VBAC which is why we are given that option. You don't need an excuse as you already have a valid reason!
I think for a VBAC to be successful you need to be in the right head space for it, going into it feeling pressured or worried in my opinion would not lead to a good experience.

On your painfree way though, I've done it both ways, my first was an elective c/s as he was breach, second was a VBAC. Now I never laboured with my first, so second was the same as a first labour, 14 hours all up. Yes it was painful during those 14 hours, but on the whole taking recovery into account the VBAC was less painful than the c/s. I'm going for VB again this time, but if it ends in c/s I won't be devasted, in fact I would like to get my tubes tied if it does happen, figure they may as well do that whilst they are in there

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:31am
I thought that too with the tubes tieing, but they wouldnt do it because the tubes are inflamed and all moved around and sometimes the little clips and slip off apparently! silly OB. I think it just depends on the person themselves thats doing it.

I had that people pressure us, seems very old school still doesnt it.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Lillybetts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:32pm
Here's a random question. For all those mummies who have had an elective CS - Did you get a wax down there before hand??

I got shaved for my emergency and my scar itched so bad for weeks afterwards while the hair grew back. I'm contemplating getting waxed the next time I get pregnant just so I can avoid the annoying itching haha!
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:26pm
Thats the thing with my c-section it went so well I was in very little pain at all so recovery was great. Was inspired by one of the other girls VBAC story in the vbac roll call thread though. If I want to try VBAC I have to get myself mentally prepared I have always been nervous about labour have no idea why.
Lillybetts - thats a good point prob pay to do regular waxing several months before hand cause I think when I wax for the first time I still get itchy and blotchy.

fallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:24pm
Lillybetts I got regular waxes though both of my last two pregnancies. In fact the morning of my last c/s I got the area around my scar waxed so I didn't have to be shaved. I usually stop waxing at around 34-35 weeks as I get too swollen and veiny down there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:33pm
Ohh right!! I'm too scared to wax down there haha! Never done it, but it sounds so painful.

Salz - So you still get the same irritated area even though you waxed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:38pm
And another random question (sorry I have a million of these running around in my head);

Even if you were to loose a ton of weight, is it true you always have the tummy fat because of the CS?

And is it true that you aren't likely to bleed out if it's an elective? I lost a lot of blood with my emergency and it had a big effect on me. Does anyone know why you actually bleed out?
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:44pm
You dont get all your pubes off for a c-section. Just the top part. I didnt wax, I just let them shave it. TBH, you'll be all numb around the area for a loooooong time. I didnt feel anything!

You can work on getting rid of the c-section 'apron'. I'm a fatty anyway so it doesnt bother me.

I bled terribly with the elective and didnt with the emergency. I was out of recovery an hour after the emergency but was there for 3 hours for the elective. Luck (or un-luck) of the draw I guess. Its all up to your own body at the time.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:10pm
By about 6 months post DDs c section I didnt havnt a fat tummy any more, it was back to its flat self.. It hink its harder to tone your tummy since your muscles have been cut up, so they have to heal and regain their strength before they become effective again...

Edited by Emmi_

+1 May 09 Angel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 10:08pm
hmmm that gives me hope Emmi! Mind you,I've never had a flat tummy haha! But am looking forward to the prospect of one :P
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:41pm
Because I dont wax or shave often on the odd occassion I do it flares up but prob cause I dont wax regularly.

Quick question for thos who are further along or been pregnant after their first being a c section. Does your c-section scar start to hurt again as you get bigger with the next pregnancy. A lady in my other forum says she has ongoing burning pain on her scar but she is carrying excess fluid.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:57pm
Mine occassionally itched during my last pregnancy, has not happened this time around.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>