FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPro-C/Section Support / Chat / Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 9:18pm
Yeah, its wrong how one person can put their negative issues onto something. My antenatal class was all pro BF which is all good if you are able, but I know of many women who just weren't able to for a variety of reasons, all relevant. And the pressure that was put on them was totally unreasonable.

Actually I'm all for BF and amazingly am still going!! but still I was aware that it may not have happened for me and resented the pressure and the lack of education for alternatives, exactly the same as CS.

Sponsored Links

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 9:29pm
Totally agree with you there Milliemama. There are so many pressures on mothers these days and what is the 'right' way to do something.
Lillybetts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lillybetts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2011 at 8:12am
Well said millemama. I totally agree.
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 1:15pm
feel so at home with this thread thanks girls rock. Just had my OB appointment I have 8 weeks to decide what I want re VBAC or elective c section.
Am hating having to make the decision! I really dont know what I want. C section is all I know and it went so well so of course would favour that. VBAC is more fear of the unknown but on the other hand I could be fine. The OB said I could pull the plug and go for c section at any time during my labour but I think with having that option in the back of your mind it would hinder me mentally for handling the labour as as soon as the pain gets intense I would pull the plug where as if it was never an option I would have no choice but to get through it and probably would.
Arrg am really hating having to make this decision hoping baby will make its mind up for me lol. HAve midwife appointment with her next Tuesday so will talk to her about it although hope she wont be too pro VBAC and understand where I am coming from.

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 4:01pm
I still have some fears with having another CS as an elective is still a little bit of an unknown compared to an emergency. Not wanting a VBAC but still wondering how different this situation will be, no waters breaking, no labouring, which is really the babies way of telling me they are ready, not the other way round.

Being very aware and awake this time round, was knackered but happy first time round and fell asleep on table, lol, so don't know how I will feel re operation, bit iffy with the whole poking round the stomach, will I feel it?

And then the BF after, will it be as easy this time since the body hasn't laboured and gotton the milk flow going.

I don't think we are happy ladies until we have gone thru all scenarios in our heads, usually at 3 in the morning, and worried about each one.

Oh well, thank goodness we are lucky in this country to have options!

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 8:19pm
millemama - Im happy to go thru with you my experience since mine was a booked c section so I never had one twinge of labour or cramp or anything. Baby had to come out at 37 weeks cause she was breech and my Bp kept rising despite medication. My milk came in on day 3 which I think is the norm. It might help to start expressing a few days before your ceaser check with your midwife. Anyway it was a really good experience it was a bit surreal. I had no pain you do feel abit of pushing pulling as they get baby out but I think it helps if you chat to someone that has done it before and can talk you thru what happens and what to expect.

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 9:54pm
just wondered if anyone else has any other pics from their c/s to share here is mine.....

salz
I went into labour at 36wk+4 so was 4cm by the time OB got around to checking me, so never got to the whole night before the BIG day thing. milk came in really quickly.
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 10:05pm
Great pic girls rock! You look great! I looked average as in all my post c-sec photos haha so here's a semi decent one of me, my DF and our ginormous baby lol

I don't look very happy in the photo lol but I was, believe me! Just knackered after 32hrs labour so I was half asleep
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:43am
I've got heaps of fabulous photos from my c section and some rather gruesome ones of DD on her way out of my belly. Our anesthitist took our camera and went crazy with it, super glad he did as I was so drugged and exhausted from a mammoth labour that I really didn't know what was happening!
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 12:27pm
Thanks Salz thats really helpful, I read somewhere else about expressing just b4, sounds like a good idea. I think if I get it set in my head the schedule and the little things that will happen, then I'm ok, don't like being surprised, and DH & I won't put up with bullies, (been there and done that!) But without my own MW there or a doctor I have bonded with its just that little bit harder. All good tho

Great photos ladies, yes lisajo that is one huge bub! lol. I'm like you, very average photos of me, great shots of my double chin tho!!!. This one is ok but they never told me how sexy the men get to look in their scrubs. Whilst DH was hold DD I was fast asleep! lol

Edited by millemama

Puddleduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 8:25pm
Here are a couple of mine

just starting...

and with DS and DH

When it comes to number two I will let bubs decide whether we go VBAC or elective. With DS being 10lb 9oz, posterior and bow presentation we didn't have much choice! With a smaller bub or just a well positioned one I might trial labour 2nd time round but will go C-section if we find ourselves in the the same situation as with DS.

Oh and I was driving at 3 weeks, could have done so sooner I think. Definitely not the horrendous recovery we were warned about in antenatal class

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 9:52pm
great pics ladies.

I only got 2 pics, the other one you can see the OB surgeons hands & stitching way more blood etc, Anethitis (sp) took the camera. Hoping to get lots more "detailed" pics this time.

nzlisajo your screen looks massive very high.

they took my screen down when they pulled her out then lifted it again to do my stitches, I had my hands right on her bum under my rib cage and felt her getting taken out it was such a good feeling, I said to them Yah I can breat, my lungs arnt squashed yah there is our baby! I just felt so wonderful, so different to the traumatic VB.

milliemama great pic of skin to skin, I didnt get any pics of that but still remember it was lovely had her on my chest for 3hours after the birth and she peed on me lol
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 10:02pm
The anaesthetist's technician was the one taking the piccies for us. We got quite a few. And some good ones too! She took heaps of the cutting of the cord etc (as DF's hands were busy doing the cutting!)
I have a pic of when they are just pulling DD out. She looks like a toddler lol. The surgeons words were actually 'holy sh*t she's huge! Wasn't expecting that!' made everyone laugh. I can put it up here if you ladies wanna see it..... she's all gooey and slimey tho so thought I'd check first lol
My screen was quite high Girls Rock.... altho I didn't think that at the time... but compared to the screens you ladies have it looks REALLY high! But I was more than happy for it to block out everything! I just wanted to (try and) ignore the fact that someone had their hands in my stomach! DF probably would have fainted if he'd seen any of it TBH.
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 12:13pm

Nice to have those pictures and thanks for sharing. We took our camera but somehow no-one took any pictures I wished they had even if a bit gory they would be just for us. But I guess with two babies its was all go in the theatre and we actually don't have that many pictures of the first few days/ weeks either!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 8:09pm
Heres daddy and Lily right after she was all cleaned up before they gave her to me - I dont have any of us together, but I have some of her being yanked out if anyone wants to see :P
Hmm I dont have any of Thomas.. how strange. I know they're here somewhere!

I wont frighten you guys by posting them - but you can have a look thru the folder on FB they're in.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.396768387382.171920.639707382&l=749b6952eb
Alex, Thomas and Lily
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 8:47pm

This is one I had trouble loading the other day, I'm crashed so Dad got lots of first cuddles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 4:13pm
I'd love to see more pictures Abit of blood and goo is fine by me!

nzlisajo how big was DD? She does look pretty big in you pic! That's so funny about your surgeon lol. Quinn was 10lb 9oz and my OB was constantly giving me crap about my massive baby (he measured 2 weeks ahead pretty much my whole pregnancy).

heres Q half way out

jessicapuddleduc at 2011-04-07

unimpressed!

ETA: I have made the pic smaller, sorry lisajo!!!! Hopefully not so
now!

Edited by Puddleduck

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 4:57pm
Puddleduck - I almost vomitted in my mouth a wee bit with that photo lol... Quinn is super cute but OMG he is half way out! Ick (I'm not great with blood and guts!!)
DD was 11lb 8oz. Just to give you an idea of her size.... this is her aged 5 days old. I'm 5"10 to give you a comparison lol
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 5:49pm
Beatiful piccie LisaJo. This ones pretty clean but its a really funny shot if you read the background sign

Sorry if its big but having trouble with the sizing in photobucket

Edited by millemama

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:12pm
lisajo - so sorry, I worked in theatres so I dont have the same sense of what's appropriate as other people

Aww gorgie pic of you and DD, bigger babies definitely have cute faces and chubby little arms and legs eh? Love it!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>