FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPro-C/Section Support / Chat / Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:27pm

Sponsored Links

salz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:31pm
You cant see in the first pic but she was breech so her legs were up over her head so in the first pic she actually has her foot sticking in my ear!!!

InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 1:56pm
wow lisa 11lb well done you carrying a buby her size bet you were in agony?. my dd was 6lb6 and I moaned and groaned! she was 10lb at 10weeks. I am 5 foot 10 too!

Here she is at 3weeks Id say around 7-8lb

and other DD was 6lb11oz here she is at 3weeks in her basinette.

and while Im at it DD2 11weeks so prob around 10.5lb

millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 2:15pm
You forget how small they start off at! I believe I'm starting to get clucky!

lovely piccies ladies

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 10:46pm
Girls rock - no, wasn't in agony at all! Had no I was going to have such a HUGE baby lol. I was still running the day before I went into labour (up and down stairs no less) and I wasn't uncomfortable at all!
A customer came into work today with her 1wk old bub. He was 6lb5oz at birth and omg he looked soooooo tiny! I get so clucky seeing teeny babies cause I kinda skipped that stage! lol. DD was out of her basinet after 3wks cause she was too big (she was actually too big from day 1 but I was in denial) and was out of her capsule at 10wks (but was a real tight squish from about 6wks lol).
I have to mention tho - said customer had a C-sec and LOVED it! This is her second and last child. Had a VB first time round and was raving about how much better she feels this time round after having an emergency c-sec due to fluctuating blood pressure. She even drove to our work to show bubs off! Only one week after! She looked great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 1:39pm
lisajo
glad to hear of another fantastic c/sec story from your customer!

wow running, good on you. my friend is a runner and was doing some marathon thing and her OB come running up beside her (she was 7months) and said I think this will be your last run madam. she went straight home to buy a treadmill to run in her garage,so she couldnt get told off again. lol.

my basinette is 90cm long by 45cm wide so bit bigger than the new ones are about 76cm long by 36cm wide or something like that, both mine were in it till they were 8-9months.

be interesting to see if this one will be a 6pounder being a boy and if he will put on the beef quicker and be out earlish. we just cant fit a cot in our room, so want to keep bubs in our room so girls can have there own room for as long as possible. I am 26weeks scan says im due 23 oct, but I reckon I will go between 5-9 October, according to my dates and other pregnancy lenths both being 9months minus 1 week. hoping to start labour naturally again but whip straight up to hosp for the quick unpick stitch option. and wouldnt 09-10-11 be a cool birthday.....time will tell
mcshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 11:19pm
*gush* thanks for posting the pics ladies! I never got to hold either of my babies until hours after they were born (one was a premmie, the other a crash GA CS) so it's so lovely to see the skin-to-skin happening. Precious precious moments and you're all so lucky to hold your darlings straight away! (Yes I'm a teeny bit jealous!)
Mum to two very active boys, born October 2008 and December 2010. Getting excited about becoming a Childbirth Educator, and LOVIN being a birth support to amazing and courageous women!
MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 4:10pm
Omg thing I found with my 2nd c/s is they forced the skin to skin thing, and rammed Lily down my front which I found most uncomfortable and upsetting whilst I was being worked on. Did anyone else find this? I'd said to them that I didnt want to have skin to skin straight away as I dont like weight being put on my chest while i'm laying down.
Alex, Thomas and Lily
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 8:44pm
Its funny you mention that, I saw my MW today and she said they like to do that. I'm guessing I would like that but can see your point and maybe I wouldn't so will definitely be mentioning in my birthplan. I found the birthplan worked really well for me, it was flexible and not really finished as I didn't want to set myself up for disapointment if things didn't go the way I planned, so it was written for me and then I made sure DH knew what was in it and what I did and didn't want, that way he was prepared when I made a request and knew what I was on about.

Sooooo... long story short will keep that in mind and let DH know that if it's not what I want he can take action for me.

I only had skin to skin in recovery as I wasn't fully awake until then due to long labouring.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 10:14pm
millemama do you know if you had a spinal block or an epidural, cos if you have an elective you are more likely to have a spinal block and most woman say they find they are much more with it and recover better than from epidural. I had a spinal block for my planned but emergency c/.s as was 4cm and 12min apart and didnt feel drowsy one bit, I felt at ease holding her but then she was also 6lb whether that makes a difference?

I had skin to skin whilst they stitched me up. didnt find it aweful at all, found it aweful having skin to skin whilst they stitched up my womanly bits after the episiotemy and labour 1st time round thou. I didnt feel stong enough to hold her, worried I would drop her and just feel so worried for her and sorry for myself getting my netheregions peaced back to gether
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 12:36pm
I had an epi last time but found it to be great, fast acting and had really quick recovery, had CS at 8.30pm and was up and hobbling round next day, but I had been given the epi several hrs b4 the CS and didn't need a top up, was fairly mobile above the tummy too, arms were working fine and even legs had some movement in them, but I was seriously tired after a couple of sleepless nights with contractions then labouring for 7hrs with syntocinen (sp?) which made contractions quite full on with no let up, but no bubz either, lol. So fell asleep on the op table and missed the show, much to everyones amazement, and hubbys horror (he thought something was wrong poor thing). Woke up very briefly when they put DD on me but was too out of it, so hubby had first real cuddles until I was more awake 15mins later in recovery. Nobody suggested that it could have been the epi, but who knows, never realised it could do that.

Anyway MW yesterday said that a spinal is the way to go this time so happy with that. I read your post in other thread GR, its sounds so traumatic, this is the exact reason I am happy to go for another CS. I hope time has healed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 8:39pm
yah hope spinal and not being awake/in labour for days/nights helps you enjoy the c/s more milliemama.

Im nearly there healing wise, but dont know if things every really return to normal after vbs!
L133 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 2:56pm
I am hoping that no one will respond in a negative way to this but I want an elective C/S for my first birth. No complications, no medical reason, I just feel that this is the right decision for me. Anyway, I have gone through the public system so far with a hospital MW and am now at 28 weeks. My decision at this point is either to continue with the public system and fight my way to an elective c/s (not even sure if that is possible) or to go private and pay $4300. In an ideal world I would like to stick with the public system and just pay for my elective surgry (which I have been told is around $1800). Has anyone done this or do you have to go private for a completely elective (no medical reason) c/s? Thanks
millemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 3:19pm
No judgements here, you have come to the right forum. If you are feeling overwhelmed, scared, traumatised by the thought of VB then you should explain this to MW, doctor etc. These are circumstances that are cause for an elective CS through the public health system, but of course they will try to talk you out of this, just be firm of your reasoning. Otherwise not sure of the private vs public, hope this info has helped. GL

Puddleduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:28pm
I think discuss it with your hospital MW but you might want to set up a meeting privately. To be honest though even the private OBs are not big on electives for no medical reason. About the cost, we had a private OB (and ended up with an elective C) and I plan on going back to him if we have a second pregnancy - worth every cent in my opinion!

mummytobesep08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummytobesep08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:37pm
L113, can you do a bit of both? Like meet with whoever it is who will do it privately- as they will be able to let you know whether you can still use a MW but just use the OB for the surgery.

I thought I heard here in chch they can do electives at chch womens (the public hospital) but I heard that a wee while ago so could be wring

also, keep talking to your MW. what is she like, on the scale of natural birth things? eg quite balanced or a bit of a hippie (not that theres anything wrong with that, just that what works for some doesn't work for others )

I have a friend who knew straight away she wanted a C/S- did end up with one but only after a failed induction and some damage to the baby from all the stress of it. I think what she taught me was that sometimes mums just 'know' what they need, even if there is no reason on paper for why they need a c/s...if that makes sense!

all the best, would be keen to hear how you get on

Angel babes '07 & '10- <3 <3
L133 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 8:21am
Thanks for the comments. I haven't discussed this with my MW yet so I will bring it up next week and see how it goes. As for going to a private clinic just for the birth, I asked one in Mount Eden about that and they said no, they have such a high number of patients that they can't just take on surgeries. I'll let you guys know how I get on!
hopeful69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeful69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 11:12am
Just been reading all the posts,this is a great thread!!

I had to have an emergency c/s at 36wks, with my firs,DS, after being in labour for a few hrs then he went into distress.
With my second,DD, I was trying and hoping to go natural but thought bubs would decide and turned out she wasn't in correct position so we did a c/s which was a lot less stressfull then the first and the recovery was pretty quick .
I was concerned with having a c/s second time round but purely as I wud have a 9mth at home to look after and carry around and the whole not driving thing.But it was all fine and I could carry DS no problems!

I am just pregnant with no 3 and obviuosly will go for c/s but so far just taking it one day at a time
Trying to get thru this dreaded early preg stage.Can't wait until I know all is safe and baby is sticking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 12:07pm
bump for isabel with beautiful twins on board
Greenery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 10:22am
I had to have an elective due to DS being breech. I was mega scared! even cried walking into theater hahahaha
out of 8 of us at antenatal class 4 got c-sects! one was he second child (her DH first), one was after a long labor and 2 of us had breech babies. The other who had a breech her MW was quite upset she had chosen a c sect... and afterwards even asked her if she thought she made the right decision... eek..
will probably have a c sect for the second. we have a breech thing in the family haha!
anyone have one end of their scar play up alot? its red and a lil sore every now and again. i think if it still plays up monday i should get it checked.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>