FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbuggy boards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buggy boards
    Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:08pm
Does anyone use these. What brand buggy board do you use and what pram does it fit.

Im going to buy a board then buy a pram to make sure it fits.

Also does your toddler like it? how old is your toddler.

Miss will be 2.5yrs when this baby comes and she no longer sits in a pram but its unrealistic to expected her to walk far being so little. I still want to walk to park etc.
Sponsored Links

KH25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KH25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 2:51pm
I've got a mountain buggy and borrowed my sister's board. I hated it! I have the Swift which is slightly smaller than a standard MB but the board is right where you walk so when DD was using it, I'd have to walk to the side and push the pram with one hand. She had a standard MB and said the same thing though. It was REALLY noisy too. If DD gets tired now, she'll just sit on the little footrest part of the pram with her feet on the metal bit above the front wheel    Although not sure if that will work when DS gets bigger and his feet actually reach the footrest.
Kelly, mum to DD, 19Jun06 (26wks 1lb15oz) DS1, 24Oct10 (32wks 4lb11oz) and DS2, 31Dec11 (32wks, 4lb11)
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:04pm
I was wondering this too, we were going to get one but then I decided i'd wait until she was here. Now I look at the buggy (I have a MB urban jungle) when the seat is layed down if he is standing on one he would hit the back on the seat part..if that makes sense lol at the mo I am just asking him if he wants to go in the buggy, if he does I wear DD if he doesn't he walks and I carry him for a bit if he starts getting tired (which is hardley ever as he has energy to burn lol ) i'll be watching this thread to see what others say, thanks for starting it

NovMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:19pm
I thought the same as you, cause my DD1 was 3 when DD2 born and pretty much not interested in the pram (for babies mumma!!)... BUT as soon as DD2 arrived she wanted to be in there, I have a phil and teds so thankfully it was easy to just get the doubles kit
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:12am

we got a buggy board for Ella when Tom was born. She was around 2Y 9M. We don't use it a lot as I prefer to put Tom in the Manduca and then at the start Ella in the buggy. Now she mostly walks anyway but I do find it handly to keep in the car for those times when Tom is in the buggy and Ella doesn't want to walk. When she does on it, she LOVES it and now I am used to it I don't find it too difficult to handle (it took a bit of practice). 

They do have to be relatively tall to be on it, so it might pay to try one out in a shop first and see if it will work for her.

I got mine 2nd hand from trade me and its like this. Use it with the MB

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
MM2010 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:43am
I don't recommend getting one. TBH, we bought a Lascal buggy board that fits on our Phil n Ted explorer for our preschooler but we hardly use it. He doesn't stay on too long and the board does get in your way. Invest in a double kit or just buy those moose branded straps to attach to your stroller handle.

Edited by MM2010

JessDub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:44am
MB don't make toddler boards anymore, they make a scooter that you can detach. Had a look at it the other day. Quite cool but the scooter has fixed front wheel so only steers like a skateboard when it's detached. I can see it would allow the parent pushing the buggy more room to walk than a board.

I get the feeling that DS would hate it though so will trial new baby in Moby wrap and DS in MB while we whip around the shops.

MM2010 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MM2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:46am
Originally posted by JessDub JessDub wrote:

I get the feeling that DS would hate it though so will trial new baby in Moby wrap and DS in MB while we whip around the shops.

I love the Moby wrap!

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 12:13pm
thats what I have and do Jessdub...it works well

MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 5:04pm

I have the monkey board (linky) for my MB Urban and we love it. At the moment it is on with the carry cot, but am sure it will be fine when we put the normal buggy seat back on too. The only thing that is a pain, is folding up the buggy with it on, but its fine once you get the hang of it. DS loves it!

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:22pm
MummyFreckle i notice your boy is a bit older. I have a tiny 2 year old. So not sure if she would fit on it well. I doubt her head would come up to the bar. Do you think it would still be easy to use? or she would like it?

I guess the other opition is to just get a P&T double and hope she decides to like the pram because the baby is in it too
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:08pm

The reason we got the monkey board is that its quite solid and stable, and has a nice wide base, so they can wriggle or dance around on it and still be on it IYKWIM? He loves it - calls it his skateboard, and because its nice and stable he can hop on and off without much trouble. He is quite little for his age too.

Iceland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 2:43pm
hi,

in response to KH25 and her little one sitting on the footrest of the pram,,,, yep, i do the same... i have 3 kids and sometimes we must look pretty funny... I have a double kit P&T and my 4 1/2 years old....still rides on the foot rests... i think he just gets lazy to walk longer distance especially when he sees the other 2 sitting back having a ride. my daughter (who sits in the front (2 years) just puts he legs around him and this works. It s bit of a load and i m sure it s probably bad for my pram but doable... if the road is too up hill or lots of uneven surface i ask my son to walk, but works fine most of the time.

so, yep, that how we got around buggy board which i would be able to use at the same time as the double kit anyway...

so, that s us, sometimes i think i m bit soft on my son letting him do this at his age...but it s easier than hiw whining along the way, sitting down not walking etc...
or i get him to ride his bike when the area isnt too busy.

Iceland
Guest_65506 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest_65506 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 4:04pm
I came across a company that sells buggy boards in New Zealand. They were doing a demonstration at Botany Downs a couple of weeks back and their product looks pretty good.

Feel free to have a look at their website:   http://www.buggyboard.co.nz

They seem to be doing a special at the moment as well, $75 which is pretty cheap really.
rachndean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachndean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 10:27pm
We have a Freerider (the scooter) for our MB and we love it. We have a 16 month age gap, and have been using the Freerider since not long after DS was 2. The rear wheel on the scooter can be fixed or "floating" so that it can turn easily for manouvering etc. We dont have any issues with walking with the scooter attached, it doesnt stick out too bad at all, we have it attached to the side when DH is pushing so that he can walk next to DS rather than behind him, since he has long legs Can highly recommend it!

DD Savannah 18.01.04
DS Austin 04.09.08
Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:50pm
Any others with advice about boards for the back of pushchairs? I'm thinking about maybe getting a freerider but am not sure how comfortable it is to use on a P & T. Is there something better on the market?
 Post Reply Post Reply