FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF & Crohn’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF & Crohn’s
    Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:45pm
Hi Ladies

I have recently been diagnosed with Crohn’s and I am currently in my second round of ICSI IVF and just wanted to know if there was anyone else that had an Inflammatory Bowel Disease whilst doing IVF & whether or not you experienced flare up’s during IVF or while pregnant etc?

Would love to hear your experiences
TTC#1 since Aug 2006
Me: 27 + PCOS + DH: 38 + low morph
12 x Clomid cycles
4 x IUI
2 x IVF ICSI = BFP on 2nd round!
Sponsored Links

SunshineWife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineWife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 4:24pm
Hi trying4no1, I just found this article on TCM (traditional chinese medicine) and IBS http://beyondwellbeing.com/ibs/ and it seems to cover a LOT of stuff, have a look! Do you do acupuncture?
I haven't been diagnosed with IBS but I have always thought I have it or maybe a mild form of it as it's not all the time (but especially evident around my period). So now reading this article I think it is actually to do with liver qi definiency. I have just been to a new acupuncturist who said I have a stressed liver, so I googled it and found this page, it's amazing how many symptoms I can tick off and so this gives me hope that acupuncture will help me deal with it =)

Good luck!
Me 27, DH 25 (MFI)
IVF + ICSI March '11 BFN and no frosties
2_ns_lol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2_ns_lol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:39pm
Hi SunshineWife - thanks so much for the article, very interesting read!
I haven't done accupuncture before but after reading this I definitely think I should give it a go.
IBS runs in my family (excuse the pun lol), so I was quite shocked when the doc said I had IBD instead of IBS... I'm thinking though that it's all relatively related (IBS & IBD) so definitely worth a try!

Thanks once again, really appreciate it & I'll keep my fingers crossed accupuncture works for you
 Post Reply Post Reply