FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedParents of kiddies with CP/developmental

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meggls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meggls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents of kiddies with CP/developmental
    Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:15pm
I was wondering if those of you with littlies with CP/developmental delay were aware of conductive education? My DD has CP, and at 18 months she had only just starting sitting (with hands down for support), and rolling, slowly. We've been at conductive education since January of this year, and since then she can now sit without needing hands for support, roll, pull herself up, take steps with a frame, commando crawl, aaaand, any day now, shes going to start crawling (something I honestly thought would never happen!) This post isn't to gloat, but I am just wondering if people were aware conductive education is out there. If it wasn't for friends of ours (whose daughter also has CP), we would never have heard about it. For some reason not many Paeds know about/promote it either, and it is such a shame - I'm sure there are so many families out there who could benefit massively and aren't even aware of it. In our eyes the conductors are miracle workers.

Anyway, here is the link for conductive education at Iris in Auckland - here

and also for Conductive Education NZ - here
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:31am
Hi, what is CP? Our friends baby is same age as your daughter and sounds like she has similar developmental delays. They get someone come from the hospital once a month, but to us that doesnt seem enough. They have been told her developenet is 3 months behind, but appears more to us- even considering the large range of "normal" for achieveing milestones. Would like to know if there is something else available that might help them. thanks.
meggls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meggls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:21pm
CP is Cerebral Palsy    

Before we started Conductive Ed we also had a developmental therapist visit us once every 2 months when she was little, and then once a fortnight as she got older but we found (for us anyway), that it just wasn't intensive enough for DD, and even though we were doing the excercises with her every day she just didn't seem to be advancing. Conductive Ed isnt just for kids with CP, there are a couple of kids in DD's class that have developmental delays.

Theres no harm in going for an assessment, (its free), or even forward on the links to your friend maybe? Feel free to PM me if your friend would like to know anything.
NovMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NovMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 12:27pm
My daughter has CP caused by an in utero stroke, I've heard of conductive education and we were very close to doing it, in the end we didn't really need it as our daughter met all her milestones (just! but she made it)so we did all our physio by ourselves, alot of work but she is doing so well now.. I agree that it should be discussed more by the Paeds, we only found out about it because of a random comment by DD's physio.

Great to hear that your DD is having such good results
Cooper268027 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper268027 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 5:00am
CP development is not an easy job and we have to give our time and energy to it. Also, we need to purchase online assignment help uk to manage our home tasks easily. If one mistake happens we can lose all our work. So I think it is better to hire a professional for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply