FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs it just me that thinks that....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it just me that thinks that....
    Posted: 04 September 2011 at 6:34pm
it is RIDICULOUS that someone can get off a charge of a sexual nature because he was so drunk he can't remember and he is in the public eye, even though he pleaded guilty!?

This has been annoying me for the last few days!!

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
Sponsored Links

UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 7:09pm

Yes same, its disgusting. The judges reported comments at the end were bizaare something like conviction would impact his ability to work, travel and laughter being the best medicine? WTF he said he did it. I bet if a freezing worker did the same using the same excuses he would be in jail.

My DH is especially going off about it he has had alot more experience than me at getting blind drunk (not now in his uni years) and said if he was that drunk how was he able to say 'I thought it was you' when partner asked what the hell he was doing. Also no matter how drunk you are there is ALOT of difference between adult and 4yr old size??
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 7:16pm
My thoughts exactly!!

DH and I talked about this earlier and said exactly the same things...if it was the plumber down the road, he wouldn't get off and how the hell can you get a 4 yr old child and adult mixed up??

I can't believe it was a female judge either.
I can see in the future, the "I was drunk and didn't know what I was doing" excuse will become very popular.

What sort of message is this sending out and why isn't there more of a stink made about this??

I am confused at why she didn't convict him and then maybe not give a punishment, but to let him off altogether WHEN HE PLEADED GUILTY bamboozels the hell out of me!

3 Angels - Dec10 / Mar11 / Dec11
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2011 at 8:37pm

Same old I guess - high profile or so called professionals with a good lawyer and lots of connections get away with things the rest of us wouldn't.

Just reading news again and saw this - child protection agency protests discharge

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/10183416/child-protection-agency-unhappy-with-discharge/

The Childrens Commissioner should comment/protest this - I saw him recently commenting on TV about the "Go to Fxxk to sleep" book he was not a fan, in my opinion too PC its meant to be a joke for parents... This guy being discharged without conviction is more more worthy of him acting as an advocate for Childrens rights.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 11:13am
Where is the link to what actually happened? I can kind of figure out what has happened, but there is no story here to follow.

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Kazper Kazper wrote:

Where is the link to what actually happened? I can kind of figure out what has happened, but there is no story here to follow.

The accused got drunk, went home and somehow 'confused' his daughter for his partner and performed a sexual act on her.
He admitted it, pleaded guilty, and no conviction.

And he got name suppression. But I think pretty much everyone knows who it is (gotta love the internet!)

So totally wrong, disgusting and sad.
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 11:44am
Aghhhh that is so disgusting............the comedian right?

Just bull sh*t.

UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 1:13pm

I actually don't know which comedian it was...

I think the name suppression is good for his family.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 2:59pm
I know who from things that have been said in articles etc. Although I caught someone saying it was xyz but that didn't fit the criteria whereas abc did.

I think it sucks but just like anyone having your name released will ruin your life whether you are famous or not imo.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 8:19pm
This really infuriates me also. Our local paper reported the judge as saying something like 'he serves nz by bringing laughter' or something stupid. WTF?
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 10:32pm
That is disgusting and setting a pretty sh!tty example to the rest of the country, a country where drinking excessively is deemed appropriate and violence against children happens far far too much.
I have been "blindly" drunk on many occasion (thanks uni years) and can honestly say if I was drunk enough to not know what I was doing etc I would be far too drunk to be doing anything of that nature IYKWIM.

How can anyone mistake their wee child for their partner, that is utterly ridiculous. The poor wee girl.

newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 9:29am
Especially when he admitted he pulled down her nappy! Um, yeah, like you could think your partner was wearing a nappy!

It is so disgusting and it makes me so angry. And the woman judge who said those comments about him making people laugh makes me sick. Also she said he had paid enough as the family income had been halved!! Who cares??? What has that got to do with justice for a little girl?
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 2:33pm
I just read this which says there will be a judicial review of this case

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/5790339/Comedians-sex-case-to-be-reviewed
 Post Reply Post Reply