FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby wipes pulled from shelves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby wipes pulled from shelves
    Posted: 15 September 2011 at 9:49am

Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 11:14am
Note - this also includes SILK wipes. Check the packet.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 1:26pm
I rang the company on the back of the silks packet cause the ingredient looks the same but is spelt incorrectly. She assured me that it's not & has never been in their wipes & that it was a packaging error. Apparently they are ordering stickers to go on existing stock & their packaging is changing soon.

If you want to clarify this yourself, give them a call.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 3:51pm
Hope you can take their word for it. Makes me a little nervous.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 4:08pm
Never use them on faces anyway.
Kel

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 6:28pm
There was a new press release sent out from the manufacture of Silk wipes, will see if I can find it.

Another good reason to use cloth wipes I think

ETA the link

Silk Update

Edited by MamaT

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 9:25pm
Yeah a friend of mine rang Consumer to ring them to get a clarification.

Interesting though, I'm sure she said it was never in their wipes...
Kel

Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 5:11pm
The different stories about SILK wipes are making me skeptical and wondering what the real truth is. Think I will stop buying them anyway now.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 10:18pm
Yeah, I wish I had known. I am just not bothering with disposable wipes anymore. Look at all the chemicals in all the wipes. Huge long list of chemicals I have no idea what they are and cba finding out! Cloth wipes all the way!

We used wipes for wiping noses, faces, hands, clothes, bums... And on occasion DD found a pack and would open it to chew on them. Not much we can do now and I'm not overly worried but had been wanting to make the change to cloth wipes for ages just now have a good reason too plus I'll save like $20 a fortnight too!
Kazper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 9:49am
$20 a fortnight....ouch! Definitely another great reason to switch huh!

I'm definitely thinking about switching to cloth now to.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 8:14pm
Yeah! Though that was for poos (still runny so a good 6 wipes in one go there), wees, wiping face/hands when out and about...!

Been doing cloth since the first article came out and no problems! I just got some 'cheap' and thin face cloths from the warehouse think it was about 12 for $8 and they dry really fast after being washed!
.... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 8:26pm
I used cloth for about two weeks after Bentley was born, but couldn't be bothered waiting for the water to heat up before I changed him, especially at night.
kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 11:43am
Just bought Wendyl's book at a signing at paper Plus. Will be picking up some good tips to get ready for when we finally become parents.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 5:53pm
Bec- I just use cold water, I mean the disposable wipes are cold too so there isnt any difference......

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 6:09pm
I am sure she is making lots since this all came out...

I use warm water but sometimes it goes cold in the flask. She doesn't seem bothered!
Totti105578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totti105578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 2:28am
"potential sensitising and allergenic effects" - scary stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply