FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpain after cs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Allysbelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allysbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pain after cs
    Posted: 12 October 2011 at 12:56pm
hey i had a cs 6weeks ago.
and in the last couple of days ive been getting real achy and sore around my scar and above it.
my midwife said it feels like i still have some edema behind it.
and didnt think it was an infection and the scar is looking really good
before this i felt quite good and like i was healing up well.
just wondering if any1 else has experienced this.
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 1:51pm
Have you been doing alot of heavy lifting or doing alot more than usual? I would rest up for a few days, take some panadol and keep an eye on it. If you feel its not getting any better then talk to your MW or GP about things. I found with mine that if I started doing to much it would get sore for a day or so. It is major abdominal surgery so its best to take is easy for a while

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allysbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 5:21pm
no i havent been doing anything. the only thing i can think of is the other night when i put bub down and got into bed myself i heard him have a spill and sounded like he was choking on it so i jumped up to him
so i think i may have aggrevated it then.
newme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 7:25pm
I had pain about 6 - 8 weeks afterwards, my midwife said that she thought it was because of my uterus contracting down, and the stitches sort of getting 'pulled' as the scar area got smaller. hope that makes sense.

just take it easy, do as little as possible, and hopefully you'll be feeling better soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allysbelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 9:23pm
yes. my scar feels like its getting pulled.

my midwife thinks it might b an infection as its become red around it and really painful to touch just above my scar.
InthemiddleMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InthemiddleMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 9:32pm
if MW not going to refer you to OB I would phone the GP in the morning and see him/her then off to OB if they demmed necessary. Just to be on the safe side.

After both my births 1 vb and 1 cs I found my GP was far better at follow up care than my MW, but they are all different of course.
 Post Reply Post Reply