FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow’s everyone Vege gardens growing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Doublemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How’s everyone Vege gardens growing?
    Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:35pm
My garden has just takening off. Capisum going mad as well as spinach and toms. How everyone else's going?
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:41pm
I just checked up on mine too, peas going well & so are the squash & courgettes & toms.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
blessedmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blessedmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 6:08pm
Mine's going really well. Does your capsicum grow well Doublemama? I didn't have much success with them last year so didn't bother this time round.

I have flowers just beginning to pop up on my tomato plants, have been picking broad beans and celery for a while. I'm looking forward to the strawberries and blueberries taking off a bit more.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 7:51pm
I only got to plant mine last week as we have been away for ages. My peas are begining to flower now and we have been eating strawberries since we got home. Only got tomoatoes, lettuce, peppers and corn in at the moment, waiting till my bokashi breaks down in my other garden before I can plant there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by blessedmama blessedmama wrote:

Mine's going really well. Does your capsicum grow well Doublemama? I didn't have much success with them last year so didn't bother this time round.

I have flowers just beginning to pop up on my tomato plants, have been picking broad beans and celery for a while. I'm looking forward to the strawberries and blueberries taking off a bit more.

Blessedmama . I haven't grown capsicums before but read that they need lot's of heat so have put clear plastic around it to hopefully create more heat. Will keep you posted on how they are going.
Waiting for my DH to finshed the frames for my strawberries as the birds are beating us to them!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Wriggles Wriggles wrote:

I only got to plant mine last week as we have been away for ages. My peas are begining to flower now and we have been eating strawberries since we got home. Only got tomoatoes, lettuce, peppers and corn in at the moment, waiting till my bokashi breaks down in my other garden before I can plant there

My peas don't have any flower's yet, Hopefully this means that they will be ready in mid Jan when we are back from camping...Otherwise the housesitter are going to rep the reward of all my hard work!!
Roses are Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roses are Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 4:46pm
I have peas already, radish and strawberries but so far thats it.

I have chillis, celery, spinach, oregano, sage, parsely, beetroot, radish, lettuce, tomato, corn, basil, cauli, broccoli and cabbage growing.

Must almost be time for the next round of plants to go in so I have a constant supply.

Angel March 2011

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doublemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Roses are Red Roses are Red wrote:

I have peas already, radish and strawberries but so far thats it.

I have chillis, celery, spinach, oregano, sage, parsely, beetroot, radish, lettuce, tomato, corn, basil, cauli, broccoli and cabbage growing.

Must almost be time for the next round of plants to go in so I have a constant supply.

Wow! I wish we had a climate like napier, my mum's garden is amazing and she lives in napier. Sounds like you have been working really hard in your garden. When and what do your feed your garden?
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 11:03am
We are only novice gardeners, but we are eating radishes, and have beetrrot nearly ready and tomatoes, lettuce, peas and beans coming along nicely too!
AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 6:58pm
We've just started ours - built a raised garden bed last weekend and today planted tomatoes, lettuce, basil, carrots, zucchini and strawberries.

Fingers crossed all grows well!

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:53pm
We've got heaps of strawberries (we have a daily strawberry hunt with the little man), tomatoes growing like crazy but none ripe yet, bok choy that the snails got most of, heaps of cabbage, and some catterpillar-infested broccoli

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2011 at 8:36pm
Last years 16 strawberry plants gave over hundred for us this year. However just planted out 60 in the new two beds and given the others away. We have quite a few strawberries every day.

Peas and beans producing nicely. Spinach about twice a week (didnt go wild this year with the planting of it) Salad ingredients coming along. Carrots popping up. Tomatoes flowering although some giving funny flowers. But first year we are doing some heirlooms with the hybrids. Basil starting to come along, celery okay, Chilli and peppers is doing okay but think i started it too long.

And the Courgettes is starting to produce some this week so we are eating loads.

Still need to get a herb garden going as I only have parsley, oregon and basil going and need to plant out the rosemary but just dont know where to put it. blueberries have tons on them and all the fruit trees either have small fruits on or starting to flower up.

Yay to the jungle. And I want to start growing the mercury bay that is going to replace the grass sections so I do NOT kill my husband with nagging on when he is going to mow the lawn.

Post Reply Post Reply