FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeocate poo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neocate poo
    Posted: 30 December 2011 at 6:51am
Sorry for the subject matter but my family are sick of me trying to talk about DD poos all the time!!

DD has been on Neocate Advanced for 2.5 weeks now and her poos have gotten really bad. She has always pooed a lot during the day. When she was EBF it was a bout 5 times a day and they were starting to be well formed stools. Through stopping BFing we discovered her intolerance to dairy and she eventually ended up with Neocate advanced.

Her poos have been really runny with chunks and we have had at least 6 dirty nappies a day, Starting with a enormous one at 545am each day (great way to start your holiday each day!) Her diet hasnt changed since we started the formula (well apart from eliminating all traces of dairy)

From what I have read runny poos is expected on Neocate I was just wondering if it settles down or if there is something else I should be watching for??

Any advice would be great! We are currently away on holiday else would prob go to our GP.

TIA

Sponsored Links

snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 7:05pm
Id say its just her digestive system adjusting. I remember when Noah started neocate he had greenish runny bowel movements for a few weeks, eventually went more normal but he has always had softer bowel movements.

If you are worried though you could try a probiotic, Noah went through a stage of heaps of dirty nappies and I gave him a course of inner health plus for kids and it did the trick.

Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7
 Post Reply Post Reply