FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIntroduce yourself!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduce yourself!
    Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:32am
Dad's please introduce yourselves here.
Sponsored Links

skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:35am
Hello fellow Dads, I'm Matthew the Web Developer at OHbaby!. I have a baby girl who is 16 months old (as at Feb 2012). Feel free to drop by and have a chat :)
QPR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QPR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 9:44am
Hi, I'm Neil. I have a baby girl who is 4 weeks old today. She is such a cutie and a good little girl most of the time, but would be interested to hear how other guys cope with working a full day and helping out at home?
Any tips on how to make that less exhausting?
skiltz View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiltz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 11:38am
Hi QPR. Welcome to the Dad's forum :) Not sure I can offer any advice other than to say 4 weeks is pretty young and you're probably not getting as much sleep as you're used to :) I guess just hang in there and know that sleeping will get better. Keep us posted..
Pixi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by QPR QPR wrote:

Hi, I'm Neil. I have a baby girl who is 4 weeks old today. She is such a cutie and a good little girl most of the time, but would be interested to hear how other guys cope with working a full day and helping out at home?
Any tips on how to make that less exhausting?

Family is team work, and good communication always works best. And if you have communication down to pat, then most all things work out for good.

Set a time to walk in a park, or somewhere away form distractions where you can distress, with your baby( thus giving your wife / partner her space to.

Also your wife must understand you need man time to " unwind" to, so guess depends how good the relationship is any way between two people, understand each others needs is half the battle won.

Its quality time rather than feeling you must preform perfectly as a parent. I think is the unspoken expectations that can bring unnecessary stress.

Some times just walking out side before bed times, or sitting somewhere you calm yourself try to clear you mind , good quite chill out Music will help you to recharge your inner batteries, not to mention your wife to.

and hopefully give some peace of mind. With out f some peace of mind, this where things can feel overwhelming, and does not have to be so. Something planned and practiced to most and work at, rather than just happens. ( edited a mistake in a word)

And be spontaneous now and them. If a guy or woman working all day, its the small things that men do for woman not matter what around the home.

Pace your self, as you want to enjoy the Journey of parent hood, as before you know it they are all grown up. So Enjoy your wee one and all the small things that make parent hood so very special. ! Good luck

Edited by Pixi
Chrisman92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisman92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 8:49pm
Hi guys,
im chris im 19 all new to this dont have kids of my own but my partner has 2 cool boys 5 and 3. i thought id join in here as we are wanting to try for our own wee bub. dont know many or any dads so keen for advice and getting to know others.
GuestDavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 11:08am
I get in from work and take bub out for a walk, just gives my partner an hour to herself. She really needs that time, even if its just for a bath or a catch up with her mates.
Care View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 4:43am
any dads in auckland around 24 that would like to meet my partner he seeking for some nice dad friends
Max184222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max184222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 7:50am
Hi guys, I'm Max my Princess was born on the 19 November 2012.
Jamesrob0690217100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesrob0690217100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2016 at 7:05pm
Hi there,

This is James dad of my little son John. Happy to be a part of this forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply