FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHypno Birthing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hypno Birthing
    Posted: 27 February 2012 at 3:06pm
Hi there,

I've been reading up on this and looking at some videos online and it looks pretty amazing and what they say in the book etc actually makes sense to me.

Is anyone else considering using it or have you used it before?

Thanks.

Oct 11 & Mar 12
Sponsored Links

kiwiking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwiking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 8:20pm
I have the book and listened to the CD in my last month.

Unfortunately I had to have a c-section (breech baby) but I used some of the relaxation methods when I was getting my spinal.

I think it made me more calm towards the end and it certainly helped with my sleeping. If I didn't listen to it for whatever reason I wouldn't sleep so well.

There are probably more benefits from attending a course, or getting your partner to get involved too.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2012 at 8:40pm
I read the book- found it made lots of sense- would have liked to do a course but none anywhere near us.
It was awesome to read how birth is a natural thing, and it concinced me it could be that way for me too- which is totally wasnt for #1- had a very medicallised, long , traumatic hospital birth.
I like the list of positive affirmations in the book- phrases to resite to yourself for the birth- I also found more online and coplied my own lists of the ones I liked.
I found the lists of the things to have in your birth plan really good too- after a traumatic first birth- it made so much sense to me not to time contractions etc- I never would have thought about how this negatively impatcs on our thoughts during labour.

Definately recommend the book- I didnt exactly have a hypnobirth cos I didnt do all the full trance breathing stuff, but all the techniques I learnt from the book made the birth a joyful wonderful experience. Was beautiful- there is nothing Im gonna do differently this time.

minipig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minipig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2012 at 9:11am
I'm reading a hypnobirthing book currently.
I haven't really been practising any of the breathing etc yet, but I like the ideas behind it that birth doesn't have to be an extremely painful and traumatic experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply