FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo morning sickness- normal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
newby81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newby81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No morning sickness- normal?
    Posted: 03 March 2012 at 9:23pm
Hi,
I know alot of pregnant women will hate me for saying this but I am a bit worried as I have had no morning sickness/nausea. I am 8 weeks pregnant (first time). It worries me because I dont feel pregnant really at all- apart from sore brests and a bit of tiredness. I cant wait for my next scan to make sure that it is still really true.....
If anyone can sympathise with this feeling Id love to hear from your experience.
Thank you!!
Sponsored Links

nannikin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nannikin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 10:51am
hey newby! don't have too much to say but didn't want to read and run, i know there are a decent chunk of mums on here who didn't experience any morning sickness and went on to have happy healthy bubs you must just be one of those lucky ones! hope you don't have too long to wait for your next scan
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 11:46am
Consider yourself super lucky My SIL didn't have any m/s at all with her bub, I've suffered worse and worse with each kid!
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 12:16pm
Yep, totally normal. Didn't suffer any MS with my second child. Hoped it would be the same for this one, but unfortunately wasn't the case!

Jacobsmumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacobsmumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 1:09pm

Hi newby81!  Oh you're on of the lucky ones!  Enjoy it!  I was preggers at the same time as my sister and she had absolutely no morning sickness or any other pg related symptoms, apart from sore boobies at the begining and no period!  I on the other hand had everything under the sun and had ms right up until I gave birth

Enjoy your next scan, it's so cool seeing bubs and hearing the heartbeat

(9lbs 6ozs)

(11lbs 4ozs)
newby81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newby81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 2:41pm
Thank you very much for the replies! I am feeling very lucky in more ways than one
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 5:41pm
I had bare minimum MS with DS and nothing at all with this baby. I was pretty surprised because my Mum had MS right through all three of her pregnancies.
Count yourself lucky and enjoy it

tigger,roo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigger,roo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 12:53pm
I was only felt sick if i didnt eat regularly, and with ds i didnt have anything signs at all.

Angels - March'11, Nov '10, May '10
Sozza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sozza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 4:03pm
Hey Newbie. I didn't get any morning sickness at all either and it is totally normal. ( i think I read that only 50% actualIy do, surprisingly) I know what you mean though, sometimes i wished i would just so i knew i was still preggers. I had absolutely no sypmtoms to speak of, and and it only felt 'real' when i was around 21 weeks and I could feel this little one wriggling around.
Casablanca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casablanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 4:20pm
Same here, I had absolutely no MS with #1, 8 weeks in with #2 and still no MS. I found it a bit worrying the first time round, but this time I just count myself lucky!
Keolyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keolyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 4:52pm
I had very sporatic morning sickness a little later on.. like an INTEMSE craving for mashed potato.. eat a bowl full, get to the last spoon and couldn't eat it again after that.. then I was perfectly fine..happened with lasagne and rice bubbles I remember..it was very odd, but everyone different! DH was actually like 'why don't we have lasagne anymore?' LOL

Goodluck for the scan!

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 3:43pm
Yum mashed potato. I didn't get with my first but am getting it this time round tho still not bad and mostly if I don't eat and am tired.
Sounds like lots of people don't get the whole head over the toilet thing!

Oct 11
thetravelbugtribe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetravelbugtribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2012 at 12:22pm
Same here, no M/S with either DD or this one. I know how worrying it is though that something isnt quite right, or that you just dont feel pregnant. Dont worry, once you start showing and feeling bubs kick, you'll know you are UTD!

Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 4:38pm
I have never had MS with either of my girls but I have it now and its crap!
http://lilypie.com]
Larkspur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkspur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 2:46pm
I haven't had a moment of morning sickness, and I'm almost 18 weeks now.

I know I'm very lucky, but yes, I had the same feelings of wondering if I was really still pregnant or not. Now I'm showing (but haven't started feeling movement yet) and I just want to go have a scan every week just for a peek!

Still. Pregnancy is the one time in your life that you really just want to be as average and boring as possible, I guess!
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 5:33pm
the only indication I was pregnant up until the 12 week scan was missing af and 2 +ve hpts had no ms what so ever enjoy

[/url]

Angel June 2012
pinkie07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkie07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 1:41pm
Hey Newby

I didnt have morning sickness either and im 40+1 today

Some people just dont get it...were kinda lucky huh :)

it may not happen next time though so make the most of it
TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 3:50pm
I didn't get much MS with my second,just waves of nausea,don't worry,not everyone gets it :-)

Post Reply Post Reply