FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReflux

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reflux
    Posted: 05 March 2012 at 8:21am
This is my first pregnancy, and am in my 34th week. Have started getting this awful reflux at night which keeps me awake and up and down all night. Any tips on how to get rid of this and will my baby suffer reflux because I have had it???
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 9:07am
Probably not, it's a stock standard pregnancy symptom, it eases once bubs drops down a bit into your pelvis, Try gavsicon in the liquid from or have a glass of milk?

I woke up refluxing this morning Ugggg
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 8:04pm
I second the Gaviscon - I kept it in various places - work, home, car.  Reflux isn't very nice at all - I hear ya. 
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 8:54pm
Your baby may or may not suffer from it - it's unrelated to whether you do. I tried to remember how it felt though, so that when my bub was screaming all night and all I wanted was for us both to go to sleep, I could appreciate how she was feeling and be a bit more sympathetic

Can you prop yourself up a bit to sleep?
Anj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2012 at 8:08am
I slept sitting up last night and that helped heaps. I also went to my LMC yesterday and he has given me Losec. I queried it with him twice, but he was more than happy. Should take a couple of days to kick in. Yahoo
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 3:42pm
RANTIDINE! so worth taking it. Not sure if it is a precription only here but could get over the counter in aussie (not that I did, only went through Dr)

Oct 11
toes_crossed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toes_crossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 4:26pm
I chew on Quickeze minty chewy squares and keep them everywhere! They taste like mint chewy lollies and keep my awful reflux at bay - especially when I'm at work out and about and can't carry a bottle with me.

At night I keep some next to my bed and find even with the worst bouts just a half-square relieves it right away. I found Milanta and Gaviscon was like a laxative and affected my stomach horribly.
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2012 at 5:50pm
this far along I would suggest rantidine too!! its a killer and can be so painful... I found close to term gaviscon didnt help at all
I have had it super bad with both pregnancies, and have a script filled waiting for the burn after 12 weeks, but neither of my babes have had any issues with reflux etc, other than a few days here and there of wind

Not long to go hun, hang in there!!
http://lilypie.com]
 Post Reply Post Reply