FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhen DH wants to know the gender and you

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When DH wants to know the gender and you
    Posted: 02 April 2012 at 6:29am
don't?

Anyone have any experience? My scan is on Thursday morning, 3rd baby and likely our last. He definitely wants to know and I don't really. We are heading towards getting the sonographer to write it down and seal in an envelope for him to open at a later time. My worry is whether I will go insane knowing that he knows and end up begging him to tell me!!! He'll keep it a secret and not tell anyone so not too worried about that.

Has anyone elses partner known and kept it a secret until birth? How did it go? As it is likely our last baby I want us both to have the choice about knowing the gender, just a shame we don't both want the same! We didn't find out with DS1, did with DS2 but kept it a secret between us and my parents.
Caroline, SAHM to 2 boys, S (4 years old) and J (2 years old)
Sponsored Links

ArielAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArielAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 2:09pm
I can't help with experience, but can say that we will probably go through this decision with the next one (once we conceive that is!) as I think DH wants to know whereas I think I'd quite like a surprise.

But my thoughts, are that I don't think it would bug me that he knew, but I would be analysing EVERY WORD he said about the upcoming baby to see if he drops a sex or a hint or something - and that's what would drive me crazy I think.
After 16 months TTC, surprise BFP July 10
DD1 Mar 11
After 9 months TTC, BFP on 4th Clomid cycle Feb 13
DD2 Oct 13
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2012 at 10:13pm
My friend came to my 34 week scan & found out, she didnt' tell me & I surprisingly didn't ask. But with DH knowing? Not sure, I kinda forgot that she knew, might be harder if he knew.

Was very cool not knowing.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 7:36am
Congrats on your new arrival AandC Think I am heading towards finding out myself now .... argh, I don't know! I think I'll go nuts if DH knows so if I definitely don't want to know I have to be very firm before the scan and tell him not to give in to me pressuring him!
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 12:08pm
I was talking to somebody today whose DH knows and she doesn't. The sonographer wrote it down on paper and he has been good so far with not letting on.
Casablanca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casablanca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 4:50pm
My friends did this - they guy knew and the girl didn't. The girl was so adamant she didn't want to know that she never asked him, and he never let it slip, so it worked for them!

We are the other way round - I really want to know this time but DH doesn't... hmm have 6 weeks to try and change his mind ;) We both know I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret if I knew and he didn't, so either we both find out or we both have a surprise.

Your scan was this morning?? what did you decide?
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2012 at 9:52pm
Ohhh did you find out?

I had 8 scan (5 official ones) and I managed to not look, the only downfall of not finding out was not being able to get many clothes. I found it really hard to shop for neutral colours.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Caro07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caro07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:59am
Yep I caved. We are having a boy. After being very coy about it for the majority of the scan we finally had a full on legs akimbo shot!!

Have to say I am very excited now about knowing that the boys are having a brother and they seem so too! I did have a little panic about how full on having 3 boys will be but then figured that having 3 children irrespective of gender is going to be flat tack!
 Post Reply Post Reply