FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIntolerence to yoghurt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intolerence to yoghurt?
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:43pm
After a few trials of having or not having yoghurt for pudding, I suspect that yoghurt has some kind of effect on DD2. Every night she has yoghurt she wakes from about 10pm and cries and wont settle for a couple of hours or so. Sometimes she vomits.

She had reflux as a baby but since eating three good solid meals a day this has all but cleared up (i have stopped giving her ranitidine and she is on normal formula).

Is it possible to have some kind of intolerence to yoghurt but not dairy in general?

She is almost 13 months and I am beginning to think about moving her on to cows' milk as a main drink. Do I need to think about anything here? If she had a dairy intolerence surely it would have shown through her formula intake.

Any advice, or is this all just a conincidence and I am over thinking this!

Edited by catisla

Sponsored Links

Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:18pm
Anything is possible but, as you say, it does sound a little odd that she is okay with formula and not with yoghurt. Have you kept a food diary to check if there is anything else happening on the days she's waking crying? What kind of yoghurt is it? Any other likely offenders in the particular type you're using?

<
catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:06pm
Hello - usually she has those fresh n fruity ones and the smooth ones - thinking about it she is not so bad on the calci-yum chocolate/strawberry ones (though i dont think these are technically yoghurts).

Good idea about the food diary - I will do this and see if there are any other possibilities.

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:11pm
I've found the same with introducing dairy to my boy. He cant' handle yogurt but he can handle straight milk. I'm thinking it's the combo of things in the yogurt?????

Am going to try making my own and see how he goes. Will report back if I remember
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply