FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedApril 2013 Babies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 798081
Author
emma_3335 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma_3335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 4:04pm
Cool - glad you are enjoying it.I cant seem to get a long nap during the day anymore. Instead of three naps or so, i have two smallish ones morning, two medium ones midday and two catnaps afternoon.

Today is my last day with Emma so i must remember to think of all the questions i can for her ;)

I put Ashley in her own room today as we had tradespeople here and our room is nearest to the lounge/kitchen. She went straight to sleep so I'm going to leave her in there from now on and get our room back! See how it goes. I am almost considering putting her in her cot anyway as she can hit the sides of the bassinet if not wrapped.

The only problem is it isn't very dark in her room, her curtains are lighter than ours so day sleeps might not be as easy...and there are far more interesting things to see in her room (she thinks its the playroom i'm sure...)

Sponsored Links

Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 4:38pm
Sleep diaries are awesome JCD! I kept one with DS1 and have referred back to it a couple of times this time round.

So stoked they are putting an air con unit in for you - seems weird to think that it's so hot where you guys are and we're all wrapping up warm here for Winter. Maybe getting Lara's room temp just right will make her sleep even better??

Emma - sounds like the combination of medium and small sleeps is working well for Ashley so that's fantastic. Hope the lighter room goes well, I guess you could always get those black out curtains or thicker ones if it became a problem hey.

Trip to the park went pretty well. I'm in a bit of a predicament cos I'd rather get out of the house when Josh is asleep as that would give me and DS1 a good couple of hours to have a play but Josh tends to go down around 8 or 8:30am in the morning (which is too early and too cold for us) and then he doesn't go down again till around midday which is close to DS1's sleep which is at about 1pm so that leaves me no option but to go out in between sleeps whilst he's awake. Anyways, Josh cried the whole car ride to this different park we went to (5 mins away) but then loved having a kick on his blanket in the sun so that was awesome.

Emma - so cute that Ashley is a lil boxer! I was inspired by you so tried putting a toy in Josh's hand today but he hasn't quite got the hang of holding toys yet, will try again soon.

Josh is still sleeping really well at night but I cannot wait until he's doing a full 12 hours!!! I'm starting to resent getting up during the night but I think I just need to go to bed earlier to be honest.
DS 1 born in May 2010.
emma_3335 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma_3335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 8:31am
Well I've finished up with the Sleep Consultant.

Yesterday was great, Ashley had a 3 hour nap at midday...as she's meant to. A cat nap late arvo, Then bed at 6.30pm no assistance, woke her at 10pm for awake feed and she slept til 3am, the til 6.30am. Perfect.

This is from Emma ... "you have her self settling, napping well, sleeping well at night, settled in the evening! I think she is doing really well". Yay :)

She has been in her own room a couple of days now, and it's going great.

millieeden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millieeden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 6:59pm
Hi there, I was just wondering if there are any mums in Kerikeri or surrounding areas? I am 23 and have a 12 week old baby, and i don't know many mums in the area.. Please let me know! :)
Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 5:32pm
Fantastic work Emma - sounds like Ashley is doing AMAZING! Yay! Bet that nice stretch of sleep after 10pm was well welcomed too!

Millieeden - nope not anywhere near Kerikeri I'm afraid. Sorry.

Josh has been such an angel lately, I feel soooo soooo blessed!!! I know I should stop going on about it but he really is the complete opposite of DS1. I actually think DS1 was more hard work in those first few months than the 2 of them are now! Josh is just so much more easy going, he's happy when he's awake, he sleeps well and he seems to be able to slot into our lives a bit more which is great.

Took to the shops today with both boys and planned it around Josh's sleep time which was great. DS1 seems to have grown up too as he was happy to walk holding my hand or else he stayed close to me and Josh in the buggy which was great. We went shopping for a new toy for him as a reward as he's been using the potty for a whole week now - argghhh mega excited!!!

DS 1 born in May 2010.
emma_3335 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma_3335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:27am
Hi millieden...sorry not near Kerikeri.

You are very lucky Speck :) glad things are going so well for you. Yay for toilet training!

. I'm lucky I have a pretty happy bubba most if the time too. And she's only getting better! Sleeping is going well, days are going well and we are happy so all good :)

Katie121917 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie121917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 3:34pm
Hey guys. Just new on here!! I see a few bubs have been conceived through IVF on here. My bubba who was born 17th April was conceived through IUI (4th try, 1st try MC). We have a gorgeous wee girl who we are treasuring!! Just wanting to link up to a coffee group. I live in south auckland in wattle downs. Is there anyone here with a bub around same age (12 weeks) as mine who is wanting to join or has a coffee group already.

Hope you are all having a good week and enjoying those wee bundles!!!
emma_3335 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma_3335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2013 at 7:49am
Hi all

WELL the last two nights I have had 7 hours sleep straight from my baby girl. She is sleeping through to 5am from her 10pm feed! And then up again at 7am ish.

I'm so proud of her lol...silly I know

11 weeks today ... Man she's growing fast. She's currently on her play mat hitting the toys laughing away. So cute and happy

Edited by emma_3335 - 04 July 2013 at 7:50am

Speck8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speck8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 5:55pm
Wow Emma - that is awesome!!! Long may those nights continue!!!

Yes our little bubbas are not really even newborns anymore are they - is kinda sad for me as he is our last.... :(

I have been playing around with swaddling Josh with one arm out, just for day sleeps. Sometimes he sleeps the same but other times he doesn't seem to sleep as well so I'm just doing it ever so gradually.

Not much else is news with us except that I have been trying to get out a bit more which has been great for my sanity and great for DS1. It's still quite hard work but worth it. Josh tends to only do 45min sleeps when we're out and about but it's better than nothing. Today we rode the buses and trains (one of DS1's favourite things to do!!!) so that was cool.

Oh and also, I mayyyyy be doing some work from home in August as the person who replaced me is on annual leave for 6 weeks. It would be great to use my brain and earn some money but it will be tough with the 2 monkeys.

Have a fab weekend ladies!!! =)
DS 1 born in May 2010.
gracia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gracia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2013 at 6:24am
Hi all

Sorry I've been missing in action - it has been a bit full on here. Little Miss has silent reflux and has had alot of sleeping issues as well as feeding issues. We have now on the 3rd try seem to have her medication right and she is now sleeping better so much better at night (we have our 1st night with only one wakeup last night) and during the day is so much better than it was.

I'm off to catch up on all posts I've missed and I'll try and post more often :)
emma_3335 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma_3335 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:59pm
Hi all

We are all well here. Ashley had her 3 month jabs today and she is playing happily now...not so much a couple of ours ago! She screamed the place down.
She is now 5.7kg and 62.5cm so getting tall. She hasn't put on a huge amount of weight so they are watching that.

Sleeping is still going well, waking once a night. Instead of 3-4-5am, it's now 2am ish but its five hours either side so that's ok.

Mrs JCD, how is your wee one going after the consultant?

I'm not wrapping her often during the day now, doesn't seem to bother her either way.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 798081