FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOHbaby! Community

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OHbaby! Community
    Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:26am
Hello you wonderful people :)

So proud of you all...You probably don't know this but I get emails from time to time from members who chat on the forums that let me know how wonderful you all are! How supportive you are to each other, how you've made life long friends, how you've been so encouraging, comforting and a listening ear to each other and this has made a difference in these women's lives - enough for them to let us know and thank us for keeping OHbaby! running and offering the ability for mums and dads to connect and talk, to be real and help each other out, enjoy a laugh etc.

So THANK YOU!

I've had emails from mothers who have had Postnatal Depression let me know that when they were in the 'thick' of their depression and couldn't face going outside and being social, they were able to connect and discuss their feelings on these forums to their online community and they have been encouraged, other mums shared their stories which helped them feel 'normal', to learn ways to get through it - this is so important and so life changing and that has always been the goal of OHbaby! and what we offer in our forums and online community.

I've had mothers who have tragically lost babies and found comfort and support in their due-in and born-in threads of mums - amazing stories of brave and amazing and supportive people!

I've been brought to tears many times (which isn't hard, I'm a big softie!) by some of the beautiful stories and connections that have been made that people share with me and I want to say THANK YOU.

I started OHbaby! with the hope and vision that we would create a community of mums that does not have borders. They old saying "It takes a village to raise a child" could not be more true in today's world, where we live in towns away from family to be there to help, support and encourage each other. OHbaby! is here to let mums talk and connect regardless of their location.

We're also here to build mums up - being a parent is rewarding and tough work, as women we struggle with being highly critical of ourselves, feeling guilty about any small failure but always striving to be a better parent and do the right thing. We're here to say you are doing a great job, we're not all perfect but no one is! OHbaby! helps to inform you, to inspire you and to encourage you to work to become the parent that you want to be, happy, fulfilled, not judged :)
What a great place this forum is in helping with that as well as us striving to deliver you the best information for you to make your own decisions from :)

I would love to hear more stories about coffee groups and friendships that have formed out of meeting mums on the forums here, at our coffee catch ups etc. How articles in the magazine and site have helped you, and how you've been encouraged and supported through your "Village" here on the OHbaby! forums. I'd love to hear them - we'd all love to hear them please and if possible I would like to use some in a feature I'm looking at doing soon.
Once again thank you!
HUGS
Angela

Sponsored Links

kelzie_rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kelzie_rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:42am
I beyond love OHbaby! The forum truly helped with my three miscarriages, and then throughout the traumatic birth of my daughter, through my postnatal depression, dealing with the need for my daughters surgery and now have 65 awesome friends who I share everything with. Including one girl who will never know how amazing she is, and will never know much her friendship means to me - Princess, you rock!

Started TTC Apr 2008
With PCOS and a bicornuate uterus

Our angel babies
Jan 2010 <3
Oct 2010 <3
Apr 2011 <3
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:16pm
That is just so so awesome Kelzie_Rose thank you so much for sharing :)
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:29am
I met up with 6 other girls in the "coping with infertility" section a few years ago and we are still in touch regularly, in fact we are having another catch up in a weeks time :) Thank goodness for this website as I think we would all agree that it was a lifesaver for us during the darkest days of our infertility journey!
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:36am
Thanks so much Frankie that is awesome. I'm so glad you've made some great friends :) very special :)
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:37am
Yes, I'm one of Frankie's girls; we were all going through infertility treatment at the same time, and while our journeys since have been wide and varied, we're still the best of friends.

I've also made some great friends with babies the same age as Em through OB.

Edited about three times because I couldn't spell 'journeys'. Still don't know if it's right!

Edited by Hopes - 07 September 2012 at 8:06am

AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:18am
Thanks so much Hopes that's awesome and great spelling :)
mum2ollie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mum2ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 8:49pm
If I need to tell someone something, whether it be a big deal or highly emotional, whatever it is I know I can tell the ladies from my due group <3 Don't know what I'd do without OB! Definitely my "Go to" site!
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 2:02pm
That's so awesome thanks Mum2ollie :) those due in groups are so special aren't they!
JacquiDuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JacquiDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 10:39pm
Hi AngieBaby!
I was wondering if we could maybe start up a support group on here for those of us whose wee darlings have been born much earlier then expected?  There's 2 of us from the March 2013 with premies (my wee guy was born at 27 weeks, and another bub was born at 30 weeks) and I'm thinking there probably has been/will be others on here that could do wiht chatting to others going through the same thing?  Unless there already is  a forum on here that i haven't been able to find?  It's just been so wonderful and supportive on here, but I'd love to talk to more mums of premies =-)
Many thanks

Minny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Minny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 3:27pm
Hi Angiebaby,

I second JacquiDuck's request. I am the other premmie mum from March and have found so much help and support on these forums throughout my pregnancy, that would definitely be of great benefit while we learn to cope with our tiny bubbas in the NICU's.

Thanks heaps!
Minny!

Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 9:35pm
Yes
Icecream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icecream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Icecream Icecream wrote:

Yes

Don't know what happened there - sorry!
will120711 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote will120711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2013 at 9:43pm
just thought i'd swing in and say hi im really impressed with the forum also and to see how supportive everyone is, is great!
im new to the forum and have just recently had a little lad, recently i mean hes 5 months now! haha
he has just come up with some nasty eczema on his chest after having a pretty mean gastro bug for a week.
it worries me and id like to know if the two are related and what foods my GF should cut out on for breast feedings sake, although ill he was incredibly bright and cheery but now the eczema seem to be his down fall haha
also what treatments are advised for eczema excluding steroid treatments as i have heard they thin the skin!
im not expert on this and have only heard this in the pipe line but i love him and want nothing to do with full on med at his age eczema or not! dont mean to be so abrupt just a bit worried is all.
really look forward to getting more involved here
ta_ti134117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ta_ti134117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2013 at 9:36pm
Hi! thanks to this website I have got some information about midwifes in Palmy. Can anybody recommend Jen Jochem? I would appreciate some comments.. many thanks
Care View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2014 at 9:59pm
looking for central auckland mums who are in mid - late 20s for playdates if anyones keen email on caz-maa@hotmail.com
Rammie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2014 at 2:01pm
Thank you for this opportunity. A great forum.
SamLucille151859 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamLucille151859 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 5:03am
I would appreciate some comments.. many thanks .
SamLucille151859 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamLucille151859 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 5:05am

just thought i'd swing in and say hi im really impressed with the forum also and to see how supportive everyone is, is great.
AngieBaby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AngieBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2014 at 8:54pm
Hi Jacqui that's a great idea - I will action this if you're still keen ? Sorry I didnt' see that a reply came in :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>