FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlease someone have some ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kiwigirl0123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl0123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please someone have some ideas?
    Posted: 09 September 2012 at 9:06pm
My newborn ( 4 weeks ) Has never really been breastfeed , we tried but I didnt have enough . So we put him onto formula . He was on Karicare gold and was ok . But we noticed he was spilling alot , and his poos is dark dark green . It never stops . He is pooping while you change him . Sorry tmi , but its not hard or runny , kinda clay like . So we put him on s-26 to see if it was the formula . I was changing his nappy and noticed he had blood in it . Took him to a & e and they said it was coming from the outside not the inside . His nappy rash had got so bad it was bleeding .
The noticed his spilling while I was there and admitted him for the night to watch his relux .
Anyway long story , but he ended up being put on pepti junior ( for the poo and reflux ) and infant gaviscon and ranitadine . And lots of zinc and castor oil for the nappy rash .
A couple days later we went back as he was still spill a lot and his bum skin had broken and was bleeding bad , and the poor we boy was in sooo much pain trying to clean him up .
The prescribed pamol and told me to give him as much nappy free time as possible .
Another couple days later we were back again , and a few more after that . As nothing is working
He is now on pamol , pepti junior , gaviscon , ranitadine , 32% zinc cream for the bottom and an anti fungal as well . Even after all of this he is still spilling ALOT , sommetimes its like it just flows out and he doesnt notice , other times its painful for him . His poop is still dark green and clay like , everytime I wipe him he starts doing more . But its never much as he doesnt seem to build up a poo , he just does little bits all day . And his nappy rash is all broken and bleeding and soo sore looking .,

Please and help or similar stories? We have peds again tomorrow and they have talked about Neocate , but its it even an allergy , I feel so usless he is so sore .

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 1:21am
Hugs. Sounds like he needs Neocate, pepti junior still has the dairy protein in it which is what he is probably reacting to. My son has severe intolerances to dairy & a few other things & he got prescribed Neocate, once he was on it he never looked back. Hardly ever had nappy rash etc.

When bubs has nappy off time you need to dry that bum so maybe put curash powder on it? Bepathan in the blue tube is better than zinc cream so maybe ask about using that?

Maybe ask about if he keeps spilling on the neocate will they look at the flap that is at the top of the stomach.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kiwigirl0123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl0123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 9:21am
Thanks for your reply .

I guess they will put him on Neocate and if he doesnt improve then it must not be cmpi.

Its really hard to give him enough nappy free time as he literally doesnt stop pooing . He never does 1 big one , just lots of little ones all day long . Originally I used bepanthan but his bottom is so raw it wouldnt stick , neither would the zinc and castor oil . Thats why I was given zine only as its thicker and stick a bit better . But its hard when I can touch it to much coz its so painful for him .

I ll be asking al the wht ifs today as the last few times we have gone to see peads when have ended up with either the most unfriendly dr or one that doesnt speak bugger all english .

MinaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:07pm
We had the same problems with our son from when he was born, i too wasn't able to BF and we tried him on all sorts of different formulas. Pepti was no good for him, he just threw it all up. We found ranitadine worked for the silent reflux and Neocate helped his nappies. After a while he no longer needed ranitadine as the Neocate make the reflux disappear.

Gavscon makes babies constipated so becareful on that. We were told by our dietitian our boy was constipated the whole time, when he had runny nappies it just meant that a small amount of liquid would get past the block of poos.

For the nappies you could try using a probiotic in his bottles, I used Inner Health plus for kids (it's dairy free) and they helped his nappy rash.

Neocate isn't easy to get, we ended up ringing all the dietitian's in the hospital until one of them saw us.

If you need any advice or help just let me know. Our son is 2 and we've tried it all in the last two years and still trying... good luck i hope bub's is better soon.
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 8:12am
How did you get on with the Paeds?
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
 Post Reply Post Reply