FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone know of a soy and dairy free spread?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know of a soy and dairy free spread?
    Posted: 15 September 2012 at 8:35pm
DS2 is on a special diet for ezcema and we have to avoid soy, dairy and a whole list of other things. We are having to do a bit of baking so that he can have treats and i haven't been able to find a dairy and soy free spread. I have done some cupcakes with oil which were ok, but the cookies i tried with oil were pretty weird. Thought of kremalta but it has soy in it, and he can't have nuts either so no nut butter products.

Any suggestions of products? Or baking ideas?

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 10:15am
Pams spread is a marg that is basically soy free. The Emulsifier is soy derived but as far as I'm aware it doesn't have the protein in it & is usually ok with soy allergies

Safe used to have a shop, I can't find it online anymore? but they stock Nutlex or used to which I am sure is soy free. Nutlex is made from Canola, not nuts

Edited by AandCsmum - 17 September 2012 at 10:16am
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 10:20am
I use Coconut Oil instead of Marg/butter. Health shops sell it - I use Healthpost, but I think they've been out of stock for a while.

miss_bling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss_bling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 10:21am
oh..just saw your note about 'nut butter' I'm guessing coconut falls into that category

Ceres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 2:33pm
Just saw this, sorry - a bit late in replying! DD is allergic to soy and dairy (+ coconut, nuts, and a whole lot of others) and we use nuttelex, it is great! We buy it from the cruelty free shop (available online).

<
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 11:30pm
Ohhh thanks! I couldn't find their site where it used to be! Far out....crazy price considering it's only about $3 in Oz. PS if you know anyone going over they can freeze it & bring it back :)
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
MinaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:39am
They need to sell samples so that you can try the product before you spend crazy amounts of money and end up with products in your pantry that no one eats.
 Post Reply Post Reply