FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedselective iugr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
T_pup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_pup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: selective iugr
    Posted: 20 September 2012 at 8:19pm
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone on here has experienced selective IUGR with mono/di twins? Just had a scan today (23 weeks 6 days) and have been told twin 1 has IUGR. Twin 1 is 555g (measuring about a week behind) and Twin 2 is 622. So difference of 67grams at the moment.

They both seem to be growing so just going for weekly check ups now. But been googling IUGR and starting to freak out a bit. Would be good to hear some real (and hopefully happy ending) stories.
Sponsored Links

tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 9:49am
Hi T_pup, my girls were Di Di. They picked up on a size difference at 28 weeks. A also had reduced fluid in her sac.
I don't think we were IUGR, were never given a medical term but she was small for dates. We were on weekly scans from 28 weeks. (Growth every 2nd week and just doppler scan weekly)
We made it to 35 weeks at which point A hadn't grown in a week and also there was increased resistance in the placenta so the decision was made to deliver.

I had a c-section as A was the second twin, and with no previous labour history, they didn't know how she would do with 2 labours.

At birth she was 1.65kgs and E was 2.25kgs. We spend 10 days in NICU. A was fine when she was born (incubator for 3 days and then just needed to grow). E needed CPAP for 3 days.
This was as the doctors had suspected as A had been under stress pre birth whereas E had just been cruising along and whipped out unsuspectingly

T_pup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_pup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 4:13pm
Hi Tishy

Thanks for the feedback. 10 days in NICU sounds okay!

Funny about A coping better outside the womb than E. I did read somewhere that if they are battlers in the womb, they are usually tougher (although maybe smaller)than their sibling.
Manz0607 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manz0607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 2:07am
Hope all is well T_pup :)
 Post Reply Post Reply