FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedweight loss during pregnancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bambino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weight loss during pregnancy
    Posted: 20 July 2013 at 7:12pm
Hi all - does anyone have any advice or resources/reading on weight loss during pregnancy... or, more aptly, 'fat' loss! I am 15kgs overweight, pregnant, and not keen to gain another 10 - 15 kgs! Any advice on safe, sustainable ways to have a healthy pregnancy and lose some fat? Thanks all!
Sponsored Links

SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 1:14pm
I don't think that pregnancy is the best time to be loosing weight, however you can focus on eating really clean and healthy. I would cut out refined sugars and processed food, add more wholegrains, lots of green leafy veges, lots of lean protein, and drink water or herbal teas rather than juice, coffee, fizzy drink.

On a typical day you might eat:
Breakfast - porridge with skim milk, LSA, chopped fruit
Snack - bananas and raw almonds
Lunch - large salad with baby spinach, grated carrot, tomato, avo. Add boiled eggs/tin tuna or salmon/chicken breast for protein.
Snack - wholemeal pita with hummus
Dinner - Beef stirfry with heaps of veges, served with steamed brown rice.

HTH. You can also google healthy eating in pregnancy, lots of resources online. www.healthyfood.co.nz is great.
DanielHenry230473 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielHenry230473 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2018 at 1:08am
Weight loss for women can be more difficult to lose especially during the pregnancy. You can do some safest and most productive activities are swimming, brisk walking, indoor stationary cycling, step or elliptical machines, and low-impact aerobics etc but all this under the guidance of a certified aerobics instructor. So that one may not face any big problem in their pregnancy.

Woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 11:17pm
According to me drinking more water is the best way to control overeating and thereby helps in reducing body weight. Having sufficient amount of water during pregnancy will avoid a wide range of discomforts apart from dehydration, but always use BPA free water bottle.
Mandy269452 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mandy269452 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 8:05pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck!!!!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply