FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC while breastfeeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LouiseScott223238 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouiseScott223238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TTC while breastfeeding
    Posted: 18 July 2019 at 1:55am
I would love to hear any tips you have for TTC while breastfeeding.
My daughter is 13 months old and my period has not returned. I've just dropped to 2 feeds a day (we give her formula as well). I feed once in the morning and once at night. I've had mild cramping for about a
month but no period.
I'm trying to eat all the right things to help and trying to track ovulation with tests but they're all negative. I really dont want to completley wean. Can anyone offer advice??
Sponsored Links

Alex248713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex248713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2019 at 10:58am
Hi there,

it sounds like your periods may return soon. Taken from an article:

"It is not uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to report cyclical cramping or PMS-type symptoms – symptoms of an oncoming period without the period – for weeks or even months before their period returns. When this happens, the body is probably “gearing up” for the return of menstruation, but breastfeeding is still delaying the return of fertility."

If it has only been 13 months, then you are still in the normal range of natural infertility due to breastfeeding.

good luck

Edited by Alex248713 - 19 July 2019 at 11:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply