New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Realistic expectations for postpartum weight loss?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRealistic expectations for postpartum weight loss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aksha265319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aksha265319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Realistic expectations for postpartum weight loss?
    Posted: 09 October 2020 at 2:31pm
Hello! I’m currently 6 weeks postpartum and wondering how to set realistic weight loss expectations. Quick background: struggled with anorexia for many years, but have been doing well for about 7 years. Prior to getting pregnant, I was 130 lbs, running 5-6 miles a day about 5x a week, and eating tons of fruits, veggies and lean protein. I didn’t gain any weight in my first trimester, but once the 2nd trimester hit, I was gaining 8-12 lbs PER MONTH. my eating habits didn’t change, I was still running 3-4x a week, and the weight was just packing on. I quit running my 3rd trimester because the round ligament pain was killing me.

All in all, I gained about 52 lbs, which was really really hard to wrap my mind around. I lost 14 lbs immediately after baby was born. I’m currently breastfeeding and supplementing with formula, plus I’ve been back to running 3-4 miles 4x a week for the last 3 weeks. I’m also doing some Daily Burn routines during the day while baby naps. Logging calories is risky territory because of my past with anorexia, but I’ve been monitoring my intake, and I’m averaging around 1,500 per day in fruits, veggies and lean proteins.

I’m just not as far along in my weight loss as I anticipated. The scale at my gym is a little finicky, but I think I’ve lost about 30 lbs total since baby was born. I realize that sounds like a lot, but I’m still not able to fit into most of my prepreggo shirts and definitely not my pants.

What’s a realistic expectation to set for myself? I have my 6 week PP doctor visit this week - what questions should I be asking my doctor about this?
https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/https://192168ll.link/

Edited by aksha265319 - 10 October 2020 at 9:40am
Sponsored Links

Jennie269443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennie269443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 6:52pm
I put on 15kg my last pregnancy and most of that was put on in the first trimester because of MS And then in the last trimester a lot of my gain was also fluid retention. 7 weeks after birth I am now 13kg off my pre preg weight I read somewhere that 12 - 18kg is the normal range.

If you can keep active and avoid comfort eating (definitely harder for me during the pandemic) you can definitely lose the weight you accumulated during pregnancy.

The recommended 150 minutes a week of moderate exercise (or 75 minutes of more intense exercise) definitely helps. That's a couple of walks or online cardio / Zumba / HIIT classes a week.

Yoga helped me lose my weight a lot faster.

Yoga burns calories when done the right way.

If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit, you might want to implement a 60-minute power yoga and/or vinyasa flow practice at least five to six days per week.

This yoga weight loss program was easy to follow and worked for me during my pregnancy when I started gaining too much weight.

Each class is easy to follow, but is varied and enjoyable. Dynamic Sequencing means you'll always be challenged regardless of your current level.

If you want to follow my example, think about coupling your practice with a whole foods diet for optimal results.

Good luck babe!

Mandy
 Post Reply Post Reply