FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBath Seats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bath Seats
    Posted: 05 December 2006 at 7:29am
I have seen these around and Ella is becoming a mission to bath coz she always wants to sit up. Shes almost sitting by herself and i think she can feel how close the freedom is lol so does anyone have any recommendations?
Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 8:23am
No but I am interested to know too as when the twins are a bit bigger might make bath time easier.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 8:39am
ooo I've never used a bath seat but am certainly interested too.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 8:53am
we got one for jack off trademe for about $5. it's the dreambaby one and it's really good. they do get abit tricky to bath at that age

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:03pm
We jsut bathed HAleigh in the big bath lying back the good old fashioned way, when we moved to wellington our house wasnt as warm as the one in motueka so we pulled out our baby bath and cause it had a seat in it we just sat her in the seat by the heater in the lounge. now she jsut dits in the bath on a nonslip mat.
I looked at those seats but had been told not to get one, so I just did things the way I always had.
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:04pm
I had a towling "hammock" kind of thing, which was fantastic. Totally reccomend. They cost next to nothing, I think you can get thenm at the big red shed. It's a towel seat thing, reclining.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:13pm
I've seen the Dreambaby bath seats. Vanessa if I got two of them do you think I could bath both babies at the same time once they are sitting up in a few months? Ie. be hands free? Or do you still have to support them with one hand?

ETA Obviously I would be in the bathroom with them washing them etc. I wouldn't leave them alone...

Edited by Maya
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 2:40pm
I have a babyseat that my sister gave me. not sure the brand but is plastic yellow, with three legs that suction cup onto the bottom. Brilliant for sitting babies, not suitable for babies who can't sit by themselves. it has a sponge bottom too. Taine is currenly able to crawl out of his! really good if you have older, "enthusiastic" children who like to "assist" in washing said younger child. I thoroughly recommend, but as I said, wouldn't have my one unless baby can sit by themselves. - although a wee wobbly is okay.

Read that someone is trying to have them banned as apparenlty they "encourage" people to leave the baby to their own devices in the bath....well, they may encourage stupid people to do that, but I think most of us are quite good with safety issues!!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:12pm
OMG who would leave their child in the bath alone, its like giving your kid food without watching them eat. man some people are silly.
I cant leave HAleigh for a second, she moves so much around the bath, I turned around once to get the shampoo she somehow ended up with her face in the water, And the bottle was only ont eh floor beside me. it gave me such a fright, so now I let her shampoo float in the bath, and she helps me wash her hair.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:28pm
emma, yes you should be fine to bath the gremlins in the bathseats without having to hold them. i'm sure maya will want to help you anyway....i hope you have a big bath

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:33pm
Gotta get me some of those then!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 3:44pm
I have the same thing Annie has, and it is fab!!! I'll show you next time you come over if you like.

Karysta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karysta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 4:00pm
Ive got one of the towelling jobbies which we used when laur was little, and a proper seat one from the red shed (think it was about $20).

LOoooove our plastic bathseat laur did too..until she decided she was over the whole bath thing
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 4:28pm
Yer i have the towelling thing but ella wriggles off it and tries to sit up so i need a seat lol
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2006 at 9:27pm

Heres madison in hers about a month ago i got it off trade me for $5 dollars and its great she loves having baths with big brother kalem.

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 7:31am
I too have read about the bath seats and people leaving them alone due to feeling the babys are more secure! While noone on here (i hope) would do this I know of a child who was left while mum went to answer a persistently ringing phone...less than five minutes and the child drowned. It was resusitated but now lives in a home in a vegetative state. The saddest story but amazes me how easy it was for her to be distracted just by someone ringing constantly...and in less than five minutes her child (think about 18 months at the time) was left affected for life. I know this child was older but can see why some people say the mums rely too easily on bath seats etc...even for a "minute"
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2006 at 1:24pm
I have the toweling and I think its great I lie Jack down to wash him (although he is beginning to resist that) and then sit him up for plays. When he was nearly sitting on his own it was good because he wouldn't slip.
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:01am
we have the toweling thing too - but same, she wants to sit all the time now that she can so it's really past it's "use by date".

That seat that Madison has looks good - do you think it would be ok for bubs that had just learnt to sit up?   whilst I'm still supporting her shoulders etc.
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:53am

yes madison went in hers when she wasn't quite siting unaided about 4 and half months i think.

Kalem 6!
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 2:34pm
We have one of those blue bath seats as well. The only problem I've had with it is that sometimes Em slips around in it as she's little for her age. So I put a hand towel on the bottom, draped over the back, to give her some friction, and it worked a charm. We got ours at a yard sale for $3! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>