FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMountain Buggy or Phil & Teds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2006 at 7:34am
Im not sure on the options out there, as with most toddler seating prams my girls weight is nearly at the heaviest weight for them so when next bubs is born we have to find other options.
But I have heard fantastic reviews on the P&T. I love the idea of mountain buggy with the bassinet option but when you have a second bub and bubs is in the pram I dont like how they dont go flat layback but thats my opinion.
With Haleigh we didnt think about a second baby (stupid very stupid) and we got a steelcraft reversable pram and it was completly flat layback, and it was great for first 4 months, then we got a bertini 3 wheeler, and 6 months later found out we were pregnant so we arent sure what we will do yet.
All I can say is play with the display prams to get the feel of them as some are harder to move than others and you may like what others dont.
Our 3 wheeler is as light as a feather to push compared to our steelcraft which is great but it is huge and bulky and we cant take it in the car comfortably, so thats another factor to take into acount.
Sorry I rmbled on a bit lol.
Sponsored Links

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 6:58pm
I meant to post this ages ago, but here is a link to a whole heap of different prams and reviews on most of them. Provides some good info.

link
EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 2:13pm

Mountian buggy girl here all the way i have had mine since my 5 year old was born and its still going strong wouldn't buy anything else MAdison just loves it  I must say to i never drove a car till madison was 7 months old so walked everywhere when i lived in auckland and now wanganui and have never had a fault with our one and the wheels are still in great nick.

Edited by EllenMumof2

Kalem 6!
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 8:32pm
Ok, so this is an old post, but I have to add my 2 cents worth.

We have Phil & Ted's E3. We went with that cos we'd heard good things about them, plus it's only 10.5kg and easy to fold down. AND you can take it apart (kind of). At xmas I took the wheels off and the bar across the front so it fitted better in the boot of the car. Plus the handle is reversible, so you can have it 'down' if you're a bit vertically challenged (I'm not, but I prefer it that way) or 'up' if you are tall. The shopping basket doesn't look too big, but actually fits heaps.

There are some online places that sell them for cheaper so pays to shop around. And when it's laying flat, we put the clear cover over the back part - it came with it.

We also bought the travel bag (it has wheels) for the buggy later (when I was flying to Wanganui) and have their port-a-cot too, plus a wool buggy liner (highly recommended) .. all great products.
Selina

yalanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yalanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 1:51pm
I agree with Sarah Beth about consumer too. Anything that I know about, when I read their reviews I think they are a load of rubbish. Sometimes I wonder about their produts they choose to review too. Usually the ones that I would like to see a review on they havent included.

Anyway, also wanted to say thanks for the posts too, I am having the same dilemma choosing a buggy, its so hard when you have no idea what your needs are going to be like later on!!
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 2:24pm
Yep, it is a tricky one - I posted on EBB about this and got heaps of conflicting stuff back. the thing is that I don't believe I need an expensive 3 wheeler. We don't walk, I don't hang around the malls and I can't see that changing hugely. My priority is one that lays back totally flat. Other than that, just a basic stable buggy that isn't too hard to manouvere! We don't need toddler seat options as we are only planning on one child. Been thinking abouthis and looking at various options for a while now and still no clearer on it all!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 2:27pm
miss, have you looked at Maclaren buggies? They can lie back and fold up like an umbrella stroller, not sure how much they cost though.

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:46pm
Well we have found the one we want now. it looks great and isnt all that pricey either at $655 (price at www.winkalotts.com) its the P&T E3 V2.
We like the fact it has a 4in1 feature of laybakc flat for baby plus can seat 2 toddlers which is what we wanted. and it looks alot more comfortable for both Haleigh and baby.

I have to say my steelcraft meteor I had for HAleigh was great for when we went shopping, to walk around malls and to do short distance walking and it was completly layback flat, I found alot of prams that said they were flat but really weren't but htis one was and it had reversable handles so I could either face baby or have baby facing away. We only got a new one becuase it wasnt suitable for walking in Wellington as there are so many hills and it isnt a fan on lots of full on walking liek I did.
McLaren also have some nice prams too, babycity has alot of them. We got our first one form H&J smiths ($325) and the bertini form farmers ($329)
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 5:33pm
With both of my older children I went with the Peg Perego umbrella fold down strollers and I loved them, they were light and easy to use - they had 3 levels for baby and the basket was a good size. With this number 3; I've done alot of research (mountain buggy, Valco and Phil&Teds) - I've decided to go with the mountain buggy "Urban" purely for the fact that I walk everywhere, don't really drive alot and feel that this will be perfect to walk the kids to school and if I'm feeling inspired to walk around Cornwall Park...I'm not to fazed by the attachments and have chosen this purely on what I researched and have seen in the shops.
I think you do need to look at your lifestyle and what's going to be best for you and baby.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 5:37pm
I agree Mel. We had criteria we wanted to fill, and Phil and Teds was the only one that did.

I have heard great things about the Peg Perego prams, but don't think you can get them anymore
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:54am
This has been an interesting post to read up on.

Researching buggies has been my mission over the weekend. I had it down to the mountain buggy or the E3 V2 Phil & Teds.

After going and having a play in the shops (where the poor sales lady thought she had a guaranteed sale!) we've decided on a Phill & Teds.

The main pros for me was the lay flat option (we will be buying a cocoon too as bubs is due in Winter, so more cosy) but the big one was the toddler seat. I liked how it could go at either the back or if you have another new born laying flat, it could go up the front. When it was attached it didn't look as "crowded" as the mountain buggy toddler seat.

Now just have to wait for some sales!! I've found it on a website for $579 and in the shops for $649, so will give it a couple of months!
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 11:15am
Which online site did you see the P&T for $579?
I only seen them on winkalotts and they were $655 and comparing it to the shops ive looked in in wellington (when they actually have prams in stock) $799.
I don't like toddler seats more cuase they dont hold much weight and they look uncomfortable if toddler falls asleep in it. So for us the P&T E3V2 was the top of the list.
Also with not being a driver, Haleigh and bubs wont spend much time in a car at all.
I have never tried out a P&T for pushing yet as I can never seem to find them when I go hunting for them, but have heard great things.
I may have ot go for hunt when I go in to see my mw next might ring around.
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 12:22pm
Haleighsmum, try Babystar on Adelaide Rd for P&T, it worked out the cheapest option for us, matched winkalotts, but they seem to have a special on them all the time. We got ours for $650 including storm and sun shade in a single, and I think the double with storm cover was about the same price. This was in August, but they seem to have the same deal most of the time
We have used it for 8 weeks ish and I wouldn't swap it for anything, have been using the cocoon which is just great

Edited by Redbedrock
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 3:47pm
It was on Winkalotts, it was just the single though, not the double. I think from memory the double was $689.
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 8:44am
Wheres Adelaide St?
Sorry I have only been in Wellington for 11months and we out in the Hutt so I not familiar with everywhere.
Oh the one I saw on winkalotts was cheaper than that. unless it was a misprint in prices.
nicolaann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolaann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 11:59am
Ok, now I have both buggies.. so here goes!!

We bought a single terrain when we were pregnant. Really didn't know what buy, but liked the studyness of it, and that it was NZ made, and at the time could not afford a Phil and teds. It was a great buggy, and I have no complaints with it... except... that now we are planning no. 2 I suddenly realised there was no way of transporting both Alex and new baby. (he wont be big enough for a todler board). So We have bought a phil and teds with the double seat attachment. And now that I have used both buggies, the Phil and teds is so much nicer to use than the mountain buggy. It is easier to manouver, is very very light to push (lighter than MB). And most importantly, Alex looks much more comfortable in his Phil and teds. The extras you can get are fantastic too. I love my phil and teds, and would deffinatly recommend them to everyone!! I know they are expensive, but I think they are very much worth it!!

Nicky, Mum to Alex (5) & Sophie (3)
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by haleighsmum haleighsmum wrote:

Wheres Adelaide St?
Sorry I have only been in Wellington for 11months and we out in the Hutt so I not familiar with everywhere.
Oh the one I saw on winkalotts was cheaper than that. unless it was a misprint in prices.

Adelaide St is in Newtown, off the Basin Reserve towards the hospital. Babystar is generally pretty expensive, but in this case worked out best for us. Worth looking at if you are in the area, as I said they matched Winkalotts at the time we bought, but may have changed now. They also do Mountain Buggy so you can do a direct comparison
Also we have bought our accessories, cocoon, seat cover and shopping panniers on TradeMe at good prices. If you get a classic colour P&T the resale value is great, and (I really like this) if the buggy is beyond selling when you finish with it, P&T will take it back, fix it up and donate it to a charity, I think like children's homes, hospitals, that sort of thung

Edited by Redbedrock
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 3:24pm
I know this is an old thread, but there might still be people out there who would like to see this:

KiwiBaby

They have the E3 V2 for $579, and they say they'll deliver orders over $30 for free in NZ. Might be worth a look.
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 5:49pm
I also know this is an old thread, but just thought I'd pitch my two cents in - even though the mountain buggy we now have is an older model, and now that the tires are fully inflated (it had been sitting around for a while before it got to us)... i love it to bits !!
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 5:58pm
I have a P&T which I have said I love, but I think the best idea is to go with the one you want as they are both very good and have very good names for themselves. It is a personal preferance and I think you can't go wrong with either!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>