FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMountain Buggy or Phil & Teds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 6:42pm
I have heard great things about these prams, but as what has been seaid previously its a matter of lifestyle really.
I owuld go mountain buggy but I havent really seen much on their options of toddler seats and what weight they can hold.
P&T they look more comfortable, but I will have to get DF to go out to Newtown one time when we have a free weekend so I could test out each and get all the info I need.
Sponsored Links

sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2009 at 3:20pm
Bump

thought that there might be some ladies who wish to comment about these
Charlieface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlieface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 5:08am
Yip, advice most appreciated. We are in Egypt and Ma and Pa will bring us our pushchair out for us at Easter. We won't be able to test out or even look at the product in person. I'm thinking Phil n Teds sounds like the more sensible option in case another baby should arrive in the future. Are they sturdy? Lots of posts suggest the m buggy is longer lasting?

surfergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 3:28pm

Just bumping to see if anyone else has an opinion on this.

DH and I currently torn between the two. $ is not a factor (as the in-laws are buying)...prefer the MB, but think that, if we have two kids close in age, we will need a P&T anyhow....

Either way we will be getting a travel system and the cot attachments as they both make good sense. It doesn't help that these companies are now owed by the same people and I know that in a year or so they'll release a new model with the best of both.....

This is SO confusing.

Kirstine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirstine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 4:38pm
I think they will be keeping the two companies quite separate for now as in the style/design of the 2 brands, I have however heard through the grapevine that Mountain Buggy are releasing a new model in September. We went with the mountain buggy swift as it was the only MB one that would fit in the back of our car. To me the sturdyness and lightness features of the MB outweighed the P&T ones and decided to forgo the option of adding a second child. We will face this if it happens. The P&T are hard to push around with 2 in as you've got so much weight. The MB you can still add the kiddy board, this is what my sister did and her 2 girls were 2 years apart in age.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 10:44pm
I have two boys 15 months apart and can still push my p+t's with ease. one handed even and my boys aren't small lol
I have never had any moans or groans about my p+t's and absolutely LOVE IT!
I recommend it to everyone lol
RoSee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoSee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2009 at 5:37pm
I've just bought a Mountain Buggy Urban Elite & I'm totally in LOVE with it! Sooo east to push, put up and down, and it's not too heavy. No complaints at all

September '11
PixieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PixieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 11:28pm
I have bumped this forward as I'm trying to decide what to buy.
Does anyone know if there is an older version of the MB Swift? I tried this out in the shop and liked it better than the Urban because it is lighter. However, I'm hoping to buy one second hand and these seem to be too new to come up on Trademe. Has anyone else found MB Urban a bit heavy to lift in and out of the car? How much should I expect to pay for a Phil and Teds?

1/2/9 (27/8/9)
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 12:56pm
I have a near new phil and teds sport, and I paid $550 with the toddler seat attachement off trademe.

Plenty of online stores sell them new at $720
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 9:41am
what folds smallest? p&t or mountain buggy???

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
MumtoMany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumtoMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 9:57am
The phil and teds fold the smallest out of the two.
DD 12 DS 9.5 DD 6 DS 4 DD 23 months and here comes number 6

PixieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PixieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:34pm
Does anyone know which car seats fit into a 4-5 year old mountain buggy? linky

Edited by PixieL

1/2/9 (27/8/9)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123