FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEcostore products

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ecostore products
    Posted: 28 December 2006 at 11:36pm
I havn't tried any of their products as yet but would like some feedback from those who have used them, good,bad or same results as other products. What works for you etc TIA
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Sponsored Links

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 7:38am
I've only just started using the Ecostore stuff now that we've switched to cloth, but it's great ! Using far less of it for both the nappy balm and the washing powder, which of course is easier on our budget too. And they both do just as good a job as other powders / balms I was using, which is even better.

I know their stuff seems a bit more expensive, but I would personally say it is well worth it.
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 7:46am
And where do you get it from?
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 8:44am
I just get it from the supermarket, our local one is a Countdown, although I'm sure other chains would carry it too.

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 8:55am
Go to the ecostore website and they wil send you a smaple of their washing powder AND a coupon for $2 off. It IS expensive, however, you use so little each wash, it actually works out very economical. I use it as we have a septic tank and can't use some other washing powders and because it is nicer for Taine's skin which tends to get a little dry. great stuff washing powder!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 10:03am
I've only just finshed our first box of ecostore laundry powder that we started 2 months ago!! We have a front loader so for a nappy wash we only need a tablespoon of powder and normal wash we use 2 tablespoons. That's how little you need.

We also use the baby products, bath foam, bath wash and shampoo and we find that they have been best on Maddie's skin, doesn't dry her out or leave her head flaky or anything like that.

I plan on slowly changing over everything we use to ecostore now...our shampoos and body washes, cleaning products etc.

We can get some of thier stuff in the shops but the website is far more extensive.

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 2:43pm
we use the nappy balm and find it is very multi purpose! Great for anything that needs healing really, even took the stinging out of a wasp sting on my friends foot and we also use it when Caitlin occassionally gets cradle cap or dribble rash under her chin, clears it all up really fast.
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 3:54pm
Oooh yes, I second Toni's comment on clearing up dribble rash too !

kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 9:31pm
Thanks for the feedback, I havn't looked in Pac n save which is where I do most of our shopping but I do remember seeing the baby products in New World (in Haswell) so I think that might be the next change in our house, looking into cloth nappies as well.
Kerryn, Mum to
rug_nz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rug_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2006 at 11:45pm
I got a 2kg box for washing just her cloth naps.

Got the box in may and still have a few months left of it.

Also use the Dishwasher powder and thats quite good too.
Look out! It's a man.
SAHD

Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 11:08am
I can't get Eco Store in Pak n Save (Henderson) so have to go to Foodtown/Woolworths    Booo to Pak n Save!
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 11:49am
Hey my MIL lives in Henderson, I have been up a couple of times since the girls have been born (sorry off the subject). Karl and I have a laugh when we see west Auckland TV is on (Police Ten 7) then he has a dig at me about crime in Chch
Kerryn, Mum to
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 12:55pm
I found eco-store products in New World today, am going to have a nosey next time I'm in paknsave (in palmy) as I think I've seen them there before but never paid attention.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 12:59pm
Palmy Pak n Save doesnt have ecostore. I get it either from New World or the health shop. Our health shop has refills of the laundry liquid so saving on rubbish too
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 5:42pm
Just bought some of the Ecostore pure oxygen whitener stuff, as we have had a run (no pun intended!) of really messy nappies, and I want to be sure to get the muck completely out - will hang them in the sun as well but definitely interested to see if the whitener helps (and yes, soaking them a bit too).

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 8:42pm
Its fine to soak them occassionally, just recommended not to do it daily like with old fashioned cloth naps (unless you only have cold water machine!)
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 8:43pm
Am very keen to try the whitener too Jax, just can tfind it in Dannevirke. Need to look next time I go the big smoke!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:10pm
Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing it on a daily basis or anything like that - bought it just for occasional use I guess. If you get really stuck I could always grab some next time I'm at the supermarket for you?

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 9:22am
Thanks, but I might get the health shop to get some in for me.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 11:18am
I use the washing powder and now the dishwashing powder. Haven't noticed much of a change in the dishes... but the washing stuff is fab! Love it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>