FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlankets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blankets
    Posted: 01 January 2007 at 9:08am
I'm just wondering what you all use for your kids' blankets? I'll be needing to get some more for this winter and I was thinking of getting polar fleece because they are lightweight, but I've since heard that they're not so great because they don't breathe.
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 9:58am
This isn't very helpful in regards to kids but I love my polar fleece blankets !
kezplanet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kezplanet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 11:08am
On the cot I have a baby shawl that mum made, pure wool home made, over top of that the old woolen blankets that mum now doesnt use. I have seen these at one of the Sallies shops that I have been to. I also have a light baby quilt and a blanket I crocheted as well for the vv cold nights. On Ashlyns bed I gota down/feather duvet. I went a bit mad when living in Aust buying linen way ahead of time and got a heap of disney charcter covers and a mink blanket (for $7.50-it was priced wrong yay) ....sorry I digress, we use the mink blanket in summer with a woolen blanket under it if really cold and duvet in winter as Ashlyn is a hot sleeper
Kerryn, Mum to
Ashlyn(29/3/04), Anastasia(1/11/05) & Abigail (24/02/09)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 11:27am
We have a pure wool blanket...warm in winter, cool in summer. Over that we do have another cot blanket as well. Cotton I think that one is.

In her buggy we have a really good cotton blanket.

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 11:30am
I used little polar fleece blankets in Ellas' cot! Now they don't fit on her bed anymore so I have bigger ones.. I also used a sheepskin on her mattress so don't listen to me

I always tucked them in really tight, and by the time she could push them off, she was big enough to get out from under the blankets..

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 11:55am
My girls have either a cot duvet with a polar fleece blanket or a mink blanket and polar fleece blanket depending on which one is in the wash.

In the pram they have their cuddlies that Janine made them.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 1:14pm
Erin has a cotton sheet and a quilt in her cot, my mind just can't seem to equate wool = cool... so only tend to bring that out on cold nights (winter). Have used polar fleece before, but wouldn't mind some more cotton blankets. I have a duvet too but it wouldn't work so well since the cot is only 'half' made IYKWIM.
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 6:24pm
I was given a woollen aircell blanket which I wouldn't have been without over winter. I also put a Pumpkin Patch duvet on Charlotte's cot - they seem really good quality and kept her lovely and warm.

I also did the sheepskin thing and put an electric blanket on her cot too when it was freezing.

Edited by GeorgiaB

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 8:43pm
Where's a good place to buy woollen and cotton blankets then? And are they warm enough for winter?
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 8:48pm
I know mine was from Kirk's in Wellington City. I only ever saw Acrylic ones in the likes of Baby City and Baby Factory.

CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 8:49pm
Oh, and it wasn't cheap (about $130.00!)

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 9:14am
I've loved my aircell blanket for both babies. Very breathable and very warm in winter. I've also had tons of use out of 2 thick cotton blankets, they're great for wrapping.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2007 at 10:38am
Farmers have a great range of cotton blankets and woollen ones.  I like to use a cotton aircell, a woollen aircell, and a quilt over Ella.  Seems to do the trick. 
Andie
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 10:27pm
Babycity have air cell ones on sale this weekend too...saw some today!!! Good prices and some other really nice blankets....beautiful and soft....
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 8:16pm
I got 2 woollen cot blankets from Farmers. They were about $30 each I think. Also have an aircell blanket which I pop over top if it's really cold.
I prefer more natural products, so wouldn't use a polar fleece for her (or me), but that's me personally.
Selina

Post Reply Post Reply