FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHigh chair/Booster seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High chair/Booster seats
    Posted: 27 January 2007 at 3:35pm
Has anyone got a booster seat for at the table (instead of a highchair) and how does it rate? I'm thinking about whether I should get one for dinners out, at say my parents' or the in-laws', and if I do, would I phase out the highchair entirely or still keep the highchair for at home? Comments?
Sponsored Links

yalanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yalanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 1:19pm
Both my SIL have got those seats that clamp on to the table and they were great. Im planning to get one too.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 1:56pm
My baby brother had one of those - gotta watch that as they get older they can't kick them and the seat off the end of the table

I was meaning the ones that strap onto an ordinary chair?
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 2:44pm
We had one for Maya, a Wiggles one kind of like the flip out sofa's only with a strap to strap it to the chair and one to strap her into it. She 'graduated' to it from her high chair some time around 15 or so months (and I could be lying about that coz I can't remember for sure but I think it was when we moved house around then).

I kept it and will use it again for the gremlins, I found it good coz it 'included' her in meal times a bit more than a highchair next to teh table, plus it wasportable.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 8:50pm
We got one a few weeks ago for my 20month old daughter and so far so good. It's great to have her up at the table with us and she seems to love it too. She was in a highchair, but that didn't fit close enough to the table so the booster is great. Also it is easy to unstrap it, we've taken it to the grannies a few times already.
It was from the warehouse and about $50. It looks cheap & nasty though, this green and blue plastic thing strapped to the chair, I was trying to find a nicer looking one but gave up. Anyway, i would recommend it

BaAsKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaAsKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 9:06pm
Yip we have a bob the builder one for my son although hes too big for it now(im a big boy now kinda thing!!) it was still a great thing!! it was like the one that Emma described and would push right up to the table on a normal chair, the only thing was that he could get out fo it where as he couldnt get out of his highchair!! the highchair became too big and bulky and i got sick of cleaning it all the time!! it had so many nooks and crannies!!
I think we started him in it at 8 months but that was just at my mums because i wasnt bringing our big huge bulky highchair back for the weekends!!
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 9:26pm
I Have one and it rock's take it every where we got our's from Baby factory it was a little pricy, but well worrth it ALan uses it all the time now Mikey is in the highchair.
Deborah Mum to:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 10:03pm
Can kids go straight into one like a highchair or do they need to have the highchair first (ie until they are old enough)?
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 10:18pm
Check this one out

This is what I bought for Ella as a booster seat, it says you can use it from one year. It is the best portable highchair ever for travelling, in my opinion. It all zips up to be really compact, you could probably fit it in your nappy bag.

It allows the child to be pushed up to the table, and it can fit on pretty much every chair (the straps adjust).

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 9:41pm
bump

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 9:46pm
bump? what did I miss?
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2007 at 10:09pm
Just bumped incase you hadn't seen my post lmao.. wasn't sure and it disappeared..

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 7:40am
Oh yes I did see your post, still haven't figured what to do yet. I was wondering maybe just when I need to replace the highchair, I'd just get a booster then? In which case I'll need a tray. But if our travels were to increase (having more kids may decrease them though lol), the blow-up seat looks great. Too many decisions lol!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 9:01am
We use ours at home.. have taken it a few places but we just have a place mat (big plastic one you can wipe down) at the table and the booster seat strapped to a chair.

I was thinking I could give you ours but it seems like Ella isn't quite finished with it yet and we *might* have another child so I should probably hold onto it.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 9:09am
hehe np
 Post Reply Post Reply