FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFuzzi Bunz vs Peapods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 10:23am
Well I got a couple of peapods so I could test them out and compare them. They leaked for us and I also noticed that after only a couple of washes they are already piling...not so noticable on the white but it is on the dark fabric.

Edited by Paws

Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 10:57am
i think the inserts that come with the peapods are the problem more than the pocket itself...My fuzzis quite often leak too tho if i just have a microfibre insert inthem - but will last ages with a prefold...

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 4:08pm
I think you're right on that one!! I think I was surprised because a fuzzi with an insert and a booster will do her great for at least 4 hours...

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 9:15pm
i use peapods on jack overnight (12hrs) and don't have leakage. i stuff them with a prefold, microfibre insert and a hemp insert just to be sure. the inserts that come with peapods are great after ALOT of washes. for charli overnight i use one of them with a prefold stuffed into whatever nappy and no leaks.
paws maybe try your peapods with the fuzzi inserts..

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 11:45am
LOL Vanessa - with all that stuffing must make for a well-padded bottom! Maya is in the HH trainers at night and I stuff them heaps and she looks like Donald Duck

I've found the PP leak with only the hemp, but last well with either the hemp+booster or a prefold. My FB's also leak if I just use an insert, but not with insert+booster. Maybe the fat gremlins are just big wetters

I do like the fit of the Fuzzis better than the PP's tho...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
BabyOnBoard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 5:56pm
I'm a soon - to - be new mum and have always known that I want to use cloth nappies. Now a days there are so many types. And i Have so many questions. I like the idea of one size (because of obvious cost reduction) but they look so bulky on newborns etc. I've been looking all over the internet but it just seems to confuse me more, prices are differant and materials are differant. I want something affordable that works and doesn't result in to much hassle.
Can anyone help me?
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 6:28pm
when I was looking at modern cloth nappies and comparing them all I did all of my "research" at www.thenappynetwork.org.nz

failing that there are quite a few agents for various nappy companies (me included, I do Fuzzi Bunz) so if you had any specific questions about any brand I'm sure we'll be able to help

Good luck on your search, cloth nappies are awesome (if you get the right ones )
Tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 7:43pm
I'm quite keen on using either Peapods or Fuzzi Bunz but wonder if you can use nappy liners with them? My mother in law is convinced that we should but I'm not sure if they will interfere with the way the nappies work.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 8:18pm
I use liners with mine. You can get flushable liners from Snazzipants or Fuzzibuns but I just use the Johnsons ones from the supermarket. You don't NEED to use them, most people just rinse, but I prefer to use them coz then I can ditch the "yuck" part and my nappies don't get stained...

(not that you can't get the stains out with a bit of sunlight)
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 8:20pm
PS. On the original thread topic, I bought a couple of the baby blue peapods with navy fleece and prewashed them, but the first time I used them the fleece still seeped dye into the inserts
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:24pm
Tricia, where abouts are you in NZ? There are heaps of expos on this week for real nappy week (11th - 18th). Pop along to one as it's always good to have a play around with the nappies and perhaps hire a kit/buy a trial nappy.

As for the liners, Fuzzis sell washable fleece liners (these protect the fleece on the actual nappy) and flushable liners. Personally I never bothered with those, but it is personal choice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:42am
i use both PP and fuzzi's but can't say which i prefer. the fuzzi's definately have the better colours, but PP are cheaper and IMHO just as good as fuzzi's.
but...i've now found joel-eze nappies and these are a new fave of mine. great colours and good price. it also helps that her hubby works with my hubby so i can get them really quickly. andrea's just added a pic of charli on her website

babyonboard...i tried a mommy's touch on charli and only used it a couple of times. it's now jack's (hot pink and all) i would suggest getting a couple of different brands, fuzzi, PP and joel-eze are 3 i highly recommend and then see which ones you like best. remember trademe is a great place to buy and sell nappies MCN are so popular these days that they hold their value really well

tricia, i don't use liners in jack's nappies as the 'yuck' just rolls right off. for charli, if i suspect she's 'due to poo' i'll put a liner in as it's easier to clean (i'm lazy like that)

wow! what a blabber! it all seems so overwhelming at the start, but only 2-3mths ago i was just a beginner and asking all these questions too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:43am
emma, yeah it was alot of stuffing! i have it down to a prefold and hemp booster now which is enough for the both of them

Tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 6:26am
Hey thanks guys for all the tips! I should check my mail more often as it looks like I've missed those expo's

I'm in Loburn at the moment about 40k north of Christchurch, but having the joys of moving house the week before baby is due! Must be mad - or maybe just feels like it! Good for the old stress levels that's for sure.

Mother inlaw has bought me a couple of boxes of the Johnson's nappy liners so I'll give them a try.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 4:29pm
Thanks for the information! I have been doing my research and have picked up a peapods and a fuzzibuns. I can't believe it! I'm not even half way through my pregnancy and I've become a nappy addict. I've learnt so much about all the differant nappies and inserts etc. etc.
Trademe is a bad place. I've been stuck on there for hours bidding on nappies I don't need for months and going gaa gaa over all the cute prints. I think it's time to hand over the computer to safer hands. lol.
Sorry about my little rave. But I thought I would let you know I am now a Nappy Addict

Edited by BabyOnBoard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 5:52pm
LOL I'm starting to think we need to set up a forum for Nappy Addicts Annonymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyOnBoard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 6:28pm
Good plan lol! But would it be a 12 step programme or a continual dose of 'nappy heaven'
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by BabyOnBoard BabyOnBoard wrote:

Good plan lol! But would it be a 12 step programme or a continual dose of 'nappy heaven'

I'll say - I never had such a nappy obsession till I joined TNN and all of a sudden I saw people with nappies I don't have and I had to have them!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123