FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFuzzi Bunz vs Peapods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuzzi Bunz vs Peapods
    Posted: 30 January 2007 at 11:06am
Hello,

The new Peapod reusable nappies that are for sale in Baby Factory look quite similar to Fuzzi Bunz - but a lot cheaper.

Has anyone tried both to give me any idea which is the best way to go?
Sponsored Links

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 11:26am
Peapods are cheaper as they cost only $20 each form baby factory (I think).
I have heard great things about both, they both need to be replaced as baby gets older and grows to fit which I thought was the only problem with them but we are going for peapods for baby number 2.
When Nikki came over to show off the mommystouch OSFA nappies she showed us some peapods and they looked good.
Maybe buy a few peapods and a few fuzzis to try each out on baby and work form your own experience, cause what works for one might not work for another.
Good Luck
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 12:00pm
The difference between Peapods and Fuzzis is largely ethical... Fuzzis are made in the US by ladies who sew for them, and as I understand it, Peapods are made in China... I can only assume by people who are paid quite a bit less for their labour.

The other difference is the materials... Peapods fleece is thicker than Fuzzi fleece, and the PUL is different. To be honest, I suspect that Fuzzis materials are higher quality.

Ooo that was a bashing of my own nappies! But I like to be honest about them.

The bonuses of Peapods are that there are really only two sizes you will need to get babe through to potty training. (Altho if you have a front wetter then the rise might become a problem later on)

Also the leg elastic is a bit tighter than Fuzzis which means less leg gapage with night stuffing... without being too tight (IMO).

The inserts are different too - Peapods come with a hemp/cotton flat insert which you fold in three, and Fuzzis generally come with microfibre. Both have different advantages but seeing as you can stuff both with anything, this isn't an issue that would cause a problem for anyone (I think).

I hope I'm not out of line reviewing Fuzzis and Peapods like this... but I feel I was objective about both as a user, not as a seller.

P.S. I can delete all this if anyone has a problem with it

Edited by nikkiwhyte
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 12:33pm
I think your comments are great Nikki as a nappy user and a seller.

I've tried both (we mainly use Fuzzis, but I wanted to try the competition too to provide honest feedback to my customers). This might sound biased and I apologise if it does but I personally found the PPs hard to fit to Caitlin (large thighs and small-ish waist) trying to get the legs right AND the waist was a bit of an issue and we ended up changing her bed in the midle of the night, NOT IMPRESSED! . I also didn't like the dark fleece as it was hard to tell if it was actually clean or not I have on occassion had to re-wash an FB after a whopping explosion as there was still "left overs" on the fleece. How can you tell with the PPs when the fleece is the same colour as the "left overs" BLEUGH!

The PPs are cheaper than the FBs so they are great for someone wanting to try some cloth nappies. But as with all things, you get what you pay for. PPs generally last 100 washes before they start to deteriorate where FBs last 300 washes. So yeh, like Nikki said the FBs are made of better fabric. It would be a shame if people bought inferior cloth nappies (not that I'm saying PPs are inferior!) and that turned them off all cloth nappies.

As for the ethical side - I personally would rather spend a bit extra on a product and know that I'm not supporting companies that cut costs by paying their peanuts
*gets down off soap box*

As with all things you are thinking of investing in I would try a few and see what suits you. You can purchase hire kits off The Nappy Network for a reasonable price
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 12:38pm
I've used both & have found them both to be good. I've used them overnight with extra boosters & have had no leaks from either. Nikki's review was pretty spot on. One thing though is that peapods don't have as many cool colours as fuzzibunz (but then they're a lot cheaper...)
Tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 12:51pm
Cool - thanks for your feedback! It's always nice to know from people who use them.

I must admit the colur range of FB's looks better but the lining colour in the PP's is something to watch out for.

Baby boy is due 1 June so I'll let you know how I go in a few month's time.

BTW - any suggestions for a good boy's name that goes with the surname Ball?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 12:56pm
Just my personal opinion... I like the colour of the dark fleece. (Except for lint collecting!)

Hrmmmmm... and boys' names... don't get me started on this one - I have a million! (And could only come up with one girl's name! )

Edited by nikkiwhyte
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 1:01pm
You might want to look at the top 2007 boys' names and sound them out Ones that came to mind though were Joshua, Calvin...
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 1:51pm
I knew you could come in and help Nikki
We are still going to get some mommystouch from you chick, but after babies born now as we should've saved the $$ by then hehe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 2:00pm
No worries! I'm busying myself with organising stuff for Real Nappy Week so selling nappies has gone by the wayside

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 3:14pm
Hey Nikki,
we just tried some Mommy's Touch naps (from a mate). Caitlin is a bit unwell at the mo and has only just woken up after a marathon 4 hour "nap". I put her to bed with just one insert and she didn't leak at all!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 3:19pm
Oh wow! Thanks for that I feel a bit ridiculous selling them when I haven't tried them myself (apart from a quick try for fit on Hannah) because she had already TTed. So it is good to hear back from people what they are like to use!

Now to find myself a trial baby
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 3:33pm
well my baby should be here in 21wks I'll buy some nappies and you can practice if your that keen on nappy changes hehe
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 4:00pm
i dont have peapods but was at a nappiccino today and a lady had some and we were discussing them. apparently the fit on them has changed and the size is more accurate than it used to be, a recent change apparently. I liked the thickness of the microfleece (compared to fuzzis) myself and the one i saw had white microfleece, not coloured. and to me the leg guards looked a bit more substantial than fuzzis. and at $20 incl insert and bag you cant go wrong if you just wanted to try one.

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 4:26pm
i have a peapod, it was the first cloth nap i bought. they are great nappies, i never have any leakage and the medium fits both charli and jack!
i've just got a fuzzi from TM which should arrive tomorrow so i'm curious to see which i like better. the PP's are cheaper....but fuzzi's are cooler colours....you see the dilema! (sp?)
i'd suggest getting a couple of each and see which you like better then get however many you need. the great thing about cloth naps is the resale on TM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 5:24pm
I'm not sure about PPs but Fuzzis do a 30 day money back guarantee on their trial nappies. So you could trial both without the risk of being stuck with a nappy you didn't like. Nikki, do PPs do trial nappies?
jaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:20pm
I had a look at PP's at the Baby Factory. The $20 price includes a prefold (fold three times then stuff) but you can buy microfibre liners for $5 each. The colours were pretty cool but not as much selection as Fuzzi's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:32pm
Peapods don't do a trial nappy as such (as Amy hasn't set up her agents as formally as Fuzzis do). But if you buy from me then I would definitely consider it. I tend to do all sorts of crazy things to get people to buy cloth!

I just found out that I am getting an overlocker given to me too so I'll be sewing nappies up soon! Yahoooo! I have a crazy nappy obsession... Hannah only wears one at night but I just can't stop!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2007 at 10:27pm
hehe nikki, i was reading through the mass pages of the 'my foray into cloth nappies' thread where you state over again how you are too lazy for cloth nappies and couldn't be bothered with them
look at you now!

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 8:40am
wow nikki you should show me how to make cloths or make some fo us to try you could prob get yourself up a wee business going on with that one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>