FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddouble buggy v todler seat??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: double buggy v todler seat??
    Posted: 03 February 2007 at 8:58pm
hi everyone.
I have baby no2 on it's way so have to sort out a new pram/buggie. I have a mountain buggy at the moment and really like it, but can't decide what to get next. Am annoyed that the MB doesn't take a toddler seat & I don't think my DD is reliable enough yet to trust her on a kiddy board.
Anybody with their views on what they use for two or more children (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Spudling
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 9:33pm
how old will your daughter be when baby is born?
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 9:46pm
sorry, she will be almost 2 years old
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 9:48pm
I have a Triton Trekker with a toddler seat on the front. It is great for decent length walks around home but I don't like taking it in the car/van because it is big and heavy. Having the toddler in front makes it a bit tough to steer if/when the baby is a lot lighter than the toddler, but I like the wheel base not being as wide as double strollers.
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 10:42am
i have a bertini jet with the toddler seat on it. it's a great pram. we thought about getting a double one but i thought they would be too wide

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 10:50am
we have a pedigree with a toddler seat. Ours was actually a three wheeler that an engineer made into a four wheeler for us - so it would take a toddler seat. I love it and it is not so wide as the double - also my two year old occasionally wants to walk (or have Dad put him on his shoulders) so I have the option of it being a single stroller. This year Jake is going to start kindy so when that happens once again I can have a single stroller.

The heavy front though is difficult to steer. At the moment jake likes to be at the back and Taine sits in the toddler seat - much easier (taine is one though). INitially was quite hard. Would imagine this would be similar with most of the doubles though too? but not sure. We did have a double, one behind the other kinda thing - ours was second hand and really old - only $20 from trademe I think. Was okay buyt a real b"tch to manoveuor around things. I got good arm muscles from it though!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 6:01pm
Don't buy a double buggy! If you want to be able to take it anywhere that is! I have a Babylove Duolite twin 3 wheeler which I love for taking the girls on walks but it is heavy and takes up the entire boot of the car, plus it doesn't fit thru standard doorways (despite all the cr*p that the people selling it to you will tell you). I do really really like it for walking (I have a Valco Toddler Tourer on the back for Maya) but it is for walking only and never goes in the car.

I also have a Childcare Rover double layback stroller which I use for shopping, visiting etc. as it is slightly narrower (fits thru doorways) and lighter and folds like an umbrella. I keep it in the car.

Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 7:49pm
I have both. Depends on what you would use it for most i think, malls i would go for a toddler seat one but if you do heaps of walking then a double is really handy, i have a 3 wheel double cos Kobe (almost 3) cant walk as far and as fast as i go and he is over weight for a toddler seat.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2007 at 9:24pm
I have both and would say that if you do lot's of walking and your DD is not such a great walker(my DS is 2 next week and shoking) then the double is great. For town and stuff the the single with toddler seat id great. Lot's of girl's on here really like the Phil N Ted's. I have a Valco and hate it I think despite what people say a toddler seat really need's to have four wheel's IMHO we are looking in to getting a pedigree as soon as we can free up some money.
Deborah Mum to:

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 4:04pm
Im also on the look out for one, My girl is nearly too heavy for standard toddler seats and she will be 21months when bubs is born.
I was thinking of the p&t and when I go on the bus into town one of those twin umbrella type strollers to make it easier to lug with a toddler and a baby (fingers crossed there isnt twins inside).
I have heard the toddler seats on the 3 wheelers arent all the good in the steering department, I jsut dont liek the look of some of the toddler seats out really, as some look extremly uncomfortbale.
I was looking at getting maybe a twin buggy on Trade me for when I go for walks but yeah then theres the shop doors thing, which is silly really, they should all design them to fit the double buggies in them.
Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 8:10am
I dont like the sort with the toddlers seat that you put at the front, My friend has one and its so heavy and bulky! and Also her daughter has fallen out of it (the whole seat fall off! - it had broke!!) So if you do get one of these... please be carefull!
We are getting a phil and teds, more expensive but well worth it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 8:25am
our bertini jet isn't heavy and bulky, i like it. if you can get the phil and teds one though, i would. hehe, ask janine what she thinks of them (mum2paris)

kell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 1:40pm
Im going in the P&T direction, not a fan of toddler seats myself.
Kayla Rose is now 4!
James Sydney is nearly 2!
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 3:36pm
Vanessa is the Bertini easy to fold down? and how big is it when folded? I'm looking at getting one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 5:14pm
it's easy to fold down rach and compared to the steelcraft pram i had before the bertini, it's compact! are you coming on fri?? i can show it to you then and you can have a play around...

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2007 at 5:22pm
Oh yip I'm coming that wud be cool. We had this horrible one that i never figured out how to fold and doesn't even fit in my car.
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 9:55am
oh dear, it seems that I need about 4 different buggies, depending on if I am walking around or just shopping.
I like the idea of a side by side buggy but since I can hardly fit my single buggy into my car, there is no way I would be able to fit a double...maybe I need a new car too!!
I think I might end up going with a side by side stroller, I really enjoy walking, but I think if I have a buggy that doesn't fit in the car, I will never go anywhere again.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 6:23pm
Yeah that makes scence. Check out trademe you can often get double moutain buggies for cheap that way you might be able to afford one for the car and one for walking.
Deborah Mum to:

MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2007 at 8:43am
well I have talked to df and we ahve decided on the phil & teds E3V2 that way we cna have bubs layback flat and haleigh will also be comfortable.
We going to look in babystar in newtown as recomended from a few people.
Our pram we ahve at the moment is a bertini but it doesnt hold a toddler seat only a capsule, we find it extremly bulky when folded down compared to the steelcraft we ahd when haleigh was born til she was 6months. we only changed because the steelcraftwasnt suitable for all the walking i do, we are starting to wish we thoguht about another child when we bought our bertini cause we wouldve gone one suitable for toddler & baby.
 Post Reply Post Reply