FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhich breast pads?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which breast pads?
    Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:13pm
Hi all

Is there a better brand/type of breast pads to use? I need to get some for my hospital bag and am a bit overwhelmed at all the different types out there.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:49pm
I asked this in the one about which baby product and found that Johnsons are the best. I've got a box of them and some samples of pidgon and treasures to try as well. Don't forget that there are samples in the bounty pack to try as well.
I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:51pm
I liked the Johnson one's with the adhesive bit on it that sticks to the inside of your bra, keeps them in place.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:51pm
Thanks Becks

Whats a bounty pack? When should I get one?
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:55pm
You should get a bounty pack when you are at the hospital. It has a whole pile of samples and vouchers... a bit overwhelming at first actually but it gives you something to beat the boredom

I didn't know J&Js did adhesives?? I use Pigeons for the adhesive.
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:58pm
I think there the ones in the purple box. I used to get them from Pak n Save.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 1:06pm
I'm going shopping with mum on Wednesday for my stuff for the hospital bag so I need to know what to buy. Thanks everyone. I will look out for the johnsons ones.
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 1:35pm
I got washable ones from baby factory, but found them useless cos I did and still do leak heaps, and it would always go straight through the pad, my bra and top in no time! I found the johnsons ones do this too. I only use the swispers brand ( purple box) ones from pack n save or warehouse cos they have plastic back and so never leak!I did find that I couldnt use these in the first few weeks tho cos of the plastic on back they are a bit more stiff than the other ones, and not good for sore nipples.
I never got any in my bounty back. The contents varys depending where u are, and when u have bubs I think!
MILF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 2:14pm
i prefer the washable ones as they are so much softer on sore nipples - i have two types, cotton and hemp, and both are pretty much the same although the hemp ones are much thinner so dont stick out at all. sometimes the cotton ones can be seen through my tops.
Lyla - mum to

Xanthe - my big 4 year old
and
Jordis - 1 year old
ellabellame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ellabellame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 2:17pm
i always used the johnsons ones and never had any problems, i wasn't a huge leaker though so maybe they're not so good if you leak heaps.

Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:13pm
Hmmm - maybe I just won't buy too many of one kind. I might get a few different ones. Can you get washable ones at the supermarket?
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:18pm
I picked up heaps of samples at the P and C show - so have two gel pads packs from mama something or other (?), 2 cotton washable packs, and some johnsons ones - all free...
and then bought a box of the "loving" ones - cheap and a signature brand to take with me to hospital and for days following...and will then decide from there...
still not leaking so who knows whether i will need many of not??? I havent been able to try them out yet...

Edited by Bombshell
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:37pm
I hated the adhesive. It just pissed me off... far rather prefered the non-stick ones.

And I would love to use washable ones next time. Save a fortune!!!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:38pm
Gel pads... Sounds scientific

I'm not leaking yet either so have no idea and don't really remember what I was like with Christopher... I think, like you Bombshell, I will just try to get a selection and see how I go.
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 6:31pm
the cheap j&j ones worked the best for me I didn't like the sticky back cos I pull them put when feeding. Washable were useless but I saw these ones that are silicone and put pressure on your nipple so they don't leak, not sure how well they would work tho it seemed like a good idea.
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 7:32pm
Bombshell I never leaked until the week after baby is born, and I'm also not leaking much this time around. I think when I was expressing, even once a day, it was screwing my feed schedule a bit and increasing my milk, so I was going through them much quicker. I haven't tried washables this time but I did then and went right through.

I'm going through 2 a day at the moment, because I mostly only leak a little when latching. But with Hannah the used to be drenched about 4 times a day.... varies a lot!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by nikkiwhyte nikkiwhyte wrote:

I hated the adhesive. It just pissed me off... far rather prefered the non-stick ones.

And I would love to use washable ones next time. Save a fortune!!!

i agree!! I found the adhesive annoying...and not always adhesive either! I'm using Outragous! ones next time from Greenbeans.

And I agree that it will save a fortune!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 9:11pm
I hated the adhesive as well, coz I took them out to feed and coz I have 'generous' boobs so they never sat right with the adhesive.

I used the cheaper, non adhesive Johnsons ones for the first few weeks and once my spply settled switched to washables.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 9:37pm
well with the gel ones...i went and got the pack..they are mother mates and they are called hydrogel breast feeding pads - and say they reduce nipple soreness pain and cracking...and you can use them up to a week before discarding...says to use them for "nipple trauma" associated with breast feeding...

ok so not so much a breast pad for leaks as such but thought people might be interested in them...
The lady at the show gave me two packs of two which was really nice of her - my boobies were HUGE at the time tho so she probably felt sorry for me!!!
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 9:45am
I found the disposables heaps nicer for sore and cracked nipples - the washable fabric ones tended to stick a little, and also disposables are great if you're using a lanolin cream for a while.  I love the Loving Touch ones from Countdown, though I don't bother with the little adhesive strip either. 
Andie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>